Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i'm pretty sure the speed of light is nowhere near fast enough to travel 70 miles ~300000 times in .00001 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

SPEED FORCE MOTHERFUCKER!!!

christmas boots posted:

what part of "speed force" isn't clear you goddamn nerd

The motherfucking Flash

Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say "your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his rear end. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fu master of not much, but instead he's the hottest poo poo to ever poo poo on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of gently caress you batman. That's Batman.

But the loving Flash, my god, my loving GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to 'get in on' then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that loving hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

Ok first off, he can travel at light speed. Mother gently caress! Not only does he travel at light speed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's loving fast. But wait! The ability to move at Light Speed just isn't loving enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at light speed would run into poo poo but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or loving EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transferring kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. It's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the loving Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at light speed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and poo poo he's going to lose and gently caress how is Superman THIS loving strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.

How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beat-down, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! gently caress you Flash!

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn't fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You'd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at light speed but NOOOO he's even good in bed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak grease fire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Antonymous posted:

light still moves at the speed of light even when you're moving 99.99% the speed of light. So once the bomb went off those people would be hit with all the gamma rays and whatever, no matter how fast the flash moved. it's visibly 'going off' in the images he's just saving them from the compressive forces of the shockwave, they're still getting the skin sloughing and organ liquefying effects over the next couple weeks

Shut up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the only flash slop I’ve ever seen was Freddy mercury and Brian blessed’s Flash Gordon

and I intend to keep it that way. no cape slop for me ❌

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

carrying a baby that fast would instantly kill it and cause it to combust as it’s being rammed through stagnant air particles, like an orbital re-entry but a zillion times worse

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zokari posted:

i'm pretty sure the speed of light is nowhere near fast enough to travel 70 miles ~300000 times in .00001 seconds

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

tristeham posted:

the good british anthology show is Inside no. 9

I like that show too, but you gotta admit that 90% of the time the twist is that a woman cheated on her husband. Those guys have some type of hang-up.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m glad the memory of goes fast pants is still alive

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

the only flash slop I’ve ever seen was Freddy mercury and Brian blessed’s Flash Gordon

He'll save every one of us!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

Master of the Impossible!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

after watching them, i agree with you. i thought that the preppers would play out a little bit more before the mid season climax

also lol at sturgill simpson guesting in this season

Yah it just felt a little abrupt, also the car chase action was a little bit too close to Gideon's motorcycle chase last season.

BUT, all that being said, could be that they just had a ton of stuff to fit into 9 episodes and had to move it along at a quick clip.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zeroisanumber posted:

Master of the Impossible!
that’s right

god that movie kicks so much rear end. gunna rewatch it this weekend now

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Remembering the time flash was so dumb he ran into deathstrokes sword

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Antonymous posted:

light still moves at the speed of light even when you're moving 99.99% the speed of light. So once the bomb went off those people would be hit with all the gamma rays and whatever, no matter how fast the flash moved. it's visibly 'going off' in the images he's just saving them from the compressive forces of the shockwave, they're still getting the skin sloughing and organ liquefying effects over the next couple weeks

m8 it's an anime movie for children

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Xaris posted:

carrying a baby that fast would instantly kill it and cause it to combust as it’s being rammed through stagnant air particles, like an orbital re-entry but a zillion times worse

Speed force

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i was not aware of all the deep Flash lore. i just thought he was a guy who ran really fast.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

i was not aware of all the deep Flash lore. i just thought he was a guy who ran really fast.

Speed Force just means Magic. It's really that easy.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

MacheteZombie posted:

Remembering the time flash was so dumb he ran into deathstrokes sword

Identity Crisis was... not good.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

im speed forcin' over here!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

glory is still a pretty good movie, even if its cheating a little being possibly literally the only pro union/anti slavery civil war movie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so is it just me or does this look so radically different from the tencent version they dont even seem to be adapting the novel at all just the trappings of the premise

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

glory is still a pretty good movie, even if its cheating a little being possibly literally the only pro union/anti slavery civil war movie

I had to watch it to wash my brain after trying to slog through Gods & Generals

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

I had to watch it to wash my brain after trying to slog through Gods & Generals

I think I remember they just ripped the dialogue straight from the book. Gettysburg definitely you can follow along page by page.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wasn't Jordan Peele going to revive the Twilight Zone?

he did revive it and it was loving garbage you dont want to see it of the two i watched one was what if a meteor turning men into misogyhuks but PLOT TWIST the real misogyhulk was inside the men all along and the other was what if a gun kept trying to gaslight you into killing either yourself or someone with the same name as you and yes its exactly as stupid as it sounds

oddly enough i found the plots themselves less offensive than the fact that these episodes were forty minutes long despite not having enough story to justify even half that runtime

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea I saw a couple episodes. It was mid.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

Is there really a sexy woman in a qipao swinging a katana around in the book?

my first thought on seeing that trailer was so they thought they could make the story more feminist by putting a woman in the leading role but also decided to have her sexily swinging a qipao for no reason when none of the female characters in the original story do anything even close to that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh god are they gonna try to build the vr world up to be some big epic showdown

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i for one am flabbergasted to learn that a movie where the marketing strategy was "its so good you can ignore the fact that our leading star is a serial predator" didnt rake in the big box office moolah

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Some Guy TT posted:

i for one am flabbergasted to learn that a movie where the marketing strategy was "its so good you can ignore the fact that our leading star is a serial predator" didnt rake in the big box office moolah

tbf i dont think most people care at all. it's more comic fatigue especially boring rear end janky DC slop

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Antonymous posted:

his eyes wouldn't be near infinite mass either, as mass doesn't change with velocity. very suspect science from this scientific novel.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

what the gently caress part of speed force don’t you understand

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A Buttery Pastry posted:

his eyes wouldn't be near infinite mass either, as mass doesn't change with velocity. very suspect science from this scientific novel.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RandolphCarter posted:

what the gently caress part of speed force don’t you understand
oh, now i get it. the speed force works by increasing mass, thus increasing force. and having near infinite mass, his eyes could then absorb all the radiation from the explosion, like a black hole, before running around saving people.

thank you.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

oh, now i get it. the speed force works by increasing mass, thus increasing force. and having near infinite mass, his eyes could then absorb all the radiation from the explosion, like a black hole, before running around saving people.

thank you.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

A Buttery Pastry posted:

thank you.

NO IT'S JUST THE SPEED FORCE MOTHERFUCKER!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
can someone explain this speed force thing to someone that has not and will not watch some dc comic show

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rewatch the 90s Outer Limits instead of the bad Twilight Zone revival.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

can someone explain this speed force thing to someone that has not and will not watch some dc comic show

IT'S A FORCE THAT MAKES YOU loving FAST!!!

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Xaris posted:

its what lets the allens, west, garrick, thawne, etc. gofast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

trevorreznik posted:

One would think Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the elephant in the room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHXyR8w2n8&t=73s