Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there an actual secret level in this? anything datamined? Diablo 1 didn't have one, Diablo 2 had the cow level, and Diablo III had the whimsy shire which was unicorns and happy clouds with rainbows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is there an actual secret level in this? anything datamined? Diablo 1 didn't have one, Diablo 2 had the cow level, and Diablo III had the whimsy shire which was unicorns and happy clouds with rainbows.

it's this thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I said come in! posted:

D3 had a cow level. It was originally a limited time event, but then they converted it to a thing where you just had to cube a bovine bardiche.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

There seems to be a bunch of datamined stuff, but my working theory is that it's all disabled for seasonal content. Or it's possibly cut content that didn't make it to gold.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
What's the sum total of possible downtime the game has had since launch? Hahahaha. I may have spent 200 hours playing the game harder than holding two full time jobs but I assure you at least 20 of those hours were spent AFKing at a log in screen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

There’s some people going insane looking for it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Hell tides are ftw. Would like more helltide style things bc I have a blast chopping through hordes of monsters in the overworld. Necro is so fun

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ehud posted:

D3 had a cow level. It was originally a limited time event, but then they converted it to a thing where you just had to cube a bovine bardiche.

There's also a small chance for a normal rift to become a cow rift, or a goblin to spawn a cow portal.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mammas don't let your babies grow up to be ARPG players

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

I wish the minimum level for fields of hate mobs wasn't so high.

It's completely empty in hardcore (no surprise), which is great for mob density and running whispers, but it'd be better if you could just run a fresh hardcore character in and have a go, and with that I'd imagine there might actually be PVP activity.

As it stands, it's like a 5+ hour investment on a character to not get one-shot by mobs.

And yes, I'll just go play PVP with my SC Necro, but I felt like complaining about the missed opportunity anyway. That, and I have no idea how to go a out getting those trophies without cheesing/cheating them with a friend or something (which is lame), because lol at actually encountering 10 HC characters in PVP, let alone killing them.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I’m currently running a lvl 71 flurry rogue, can tank and destroy things up to tier 30 at least (haven’t tried higher yet) and starting to think I’ll have to transition to TB for the higher NM dungeons.

What do TB rogues go for in terms of close vs ranged +dmg affixes?
Seems like you’re usually hitting the furthest target so distant is best, but I’ve read varying claims on what ‘close’ vs ‘distant’ is considered in this game.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There's an easter egg where Diablo appears like the Butcher will randomly but he's covered in lotion.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Ersatz posted:

And yes, I'll just go play PVP with my SC Necro, but I felt like complaining about the missed opportunity anyway. That, and I have no idea how to go a out getting those trophies without cheesing/cheating them with a friend or something (which is lame), because lol at actually encountering 10 HC characters in PVP, let alone killing them.

Sounds like you'd set up a vulture build at a lowish level and wait to ambush people who don't know any better. The campaign doesn't send you over that way though so do you go to 20-30 and hope for people leveling alts with campaign skip or 40-60 and hope for people exploring post campaign?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

latinotwink1997 posted:

I’m currently running a lvl 71 flurry rogue, can tank and destroy things up to tier 30 at least (haven’t tried higher yet) and starting to think I’ll have to transition to TB for the higher NM dungeons.

Seems like you’re usually hitting the furthest target so distant is best, but I’ve read varying claims on what ‘close’ vs ‘distant’ is considered in this game.

there's a loading screen tip that says close= melee and distant is everything else

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

latinotwink1997 posted:

Is TB even better? I tried both and prefer flurry. Doing mid 50's pretty comfortably with this.

https://d4armory.io/?account=bamhand-1890&hero=f2289dd0-00db-11ee-91ba-db256c594b01

e: Oh that seems to be missing a bunch of info. Make sure you use the cd reduction for trap passive.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 20, 2023

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There's an easter egg where Diablo appears like the Butcher will randomly but he's covered in lotion.

Oh yeah I mean to ask, I killed the butcher the first time I fought him but the second time it was a stalemate, he was leeching too much for my thorns to kill him and vice versa, so after 5 minutes he just... popped out of existence with no rewards. Is that supposed to happen? lol

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Doomykins posted:

Sounds like you'd set up a vulture build at a lowish level and wait to ambush people who don't know any better. The campaign doesn't send you over that way though so do you go to 20-30 and hope for people leveling alts with campaign skip or 40-60 and hope for people exploring post campaign?
What's nuts is that I spent something like 3 hours last night running around both zones with a high 20s to then mid 30s HC character running whispers, murdering the abomination and hoovering up baleful chests, and not once did I see another player. Like, I was expecting to get my heart rate up and to possibly have to test my scroll of escape button, but nope.

Even with the scenario you're laying out, which seems like a reasonable way to get some fights going, I think you'd just have crickets chirping.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yikes, so many nerds so angry when you point out their flawed game is flawed.

I can't imagine being an apologist for Blizz Activision in 2023 releasing a bad game. Lol. Game just lacks any real polish and well designed systems beyond level 60, plain and simple.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Zero VGS posted:

Oh yeah I mean to ask, I killed the butcher the first time I fought him but the second time it was a stalemate, he was leeching too much for my thorns to kill him and vice versa, so after 5 minutes he just... popped out of existence with no rewards. Is that supposed to happen? lol

I dunno, I murked his rear end and didn't even get a challenge or anything which was beat, should at least get a Feat or something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix posted:

I can't imagine being an apologist for Blizz Activision in 2023 releasing a bad game. Lol. Game just lacks any real polish and well designed systems beyond level 60, plain and simple.

Are you the guy who played it for 12 hours a day for a month

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and absorb into a soul stone

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

You’re getting flamed because we all either knew or expected this to be the case. One could look at the list of uniques and quickly realize that the endgame was just going to be about farming incremental upgrades to your BiS items.

The excitement for the game is knowing that seasons are coming and with that, (hopefully) some enhancements and a lengthening of the endgame.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Is there a single game where people have a good time or only misery for all

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I am having…. fun as a 68 sorc? Is that allowed?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think people liked elden ring, Fortnite and Disco Elysium

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Zotix posted:

Are you okay?

Seriously you're kinda late with this poo poo you should've been around pre release. All the crusty nerds that posted like this bought the game already and are talking about it in this thread instead of tilting and wasting precious neurons debating the subjective quality of a Skinner box about big numbers and exploding corpses. Trust me that's more fun than whatever this is.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 20, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

euphronius posted:

Are you the guy who played it for 12 hours a day for a month

Mmm hmm. As I said, I tested a game. The systems aren't there. Your point?

With goons it's always something. If I said the game had issues people would be like nun uh you aren't high enough to know it. Then when you provide evidence, it's moving of the goalposts. Who gives a gently caress if I played 160 hours over 3 weeks? I have a great job, a great life, and I'm having fun. Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro.

The subreddits(oh wait reddit is trash, and 95% of goons don't go to reddit)are literally littered with the same complaints. It's now that the second wave of players are hitting end game and realizing the game is half baked.

It's the same poo poo we saw in the MMO years with Conan rift archage, Swtor, etc. All of the development went into the first 50 hours and anything after that is barely there or not there at all.

BurningBeard posted:

Are you okay?

I'm having a great day, thanks for your concern. Good luck on your loot adventures.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To get to 50 hours into the game you’d have to play about 3.5 hours a day since it was released

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Zotix posted:

here we are like 20 days after launch and the meltdowns continue

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

euphronius posted:

To get to 50 hours into the game you’d have to play about 3.5 hours a day since it was released

It's closer to 2.5 at this point.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'm terrified to know what the hours put into the game would have been if it were 8 or 9 out of 10.

mst4k posted:

Depends, where did you copy your build from?

edit: I hit 120 hours in the first 10 days on the game being out and had a blast, yeah the endgame could be better but for a fresh ARPG its definitely worth the bucks.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

feller posted:

there's a loading screen tip that says close= melee and distant is everything else

Honestly, I’ve seen that but even my flurry hits dudes significantly further than if I were to run up and use invig strike on them (I use puncture now, don’t worry). So is my flurry not always benefiting from close affix or is ‘melee’ just sorta relative for whatever they decide?

bamhand posted:

Is TB even better? I tried both and prefer flurry. Doing mid 50's pretty comfortably with this.

https://d4armory.io/?account=bamhand-1890&hero=f2289dd0-00db-11ee-91ba-db256c594b01

e: Oh that seems to be missing a bunch of info. Make sure you use the cd reduction for trap passive.

I read more and more that upper tier NM you basically start to get one-shot no matter what you do and glass cannons start to take over. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll use flurry as long as I can but might start to hold some gear that may benefit TB later on.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Im mad because my new game wont entertain me for 12 hours a day into perpetuity.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I could be wrong but I feel like maybe there isn't supposed to be some kind of permanent long-term endgame yet? Like people were saying a while ago, most players long-term are probably going to be playing seasonal characters, which means they'll be making new characters every three months or so. The endgame is just making more characters and trying other builds, and then the next season starts and you do it all again with some new twists.

Like I don't think this is supposed to be an MMO with a deep and rewarding endgame that only starts at max level

mst4k posted:

What kind of build are you using? Sorc is the one class I haven't really dipped my toes into yet

feller
Jul 5, 2006

latinotwink1997 posted:

Honestly, I’ve seen that but even my flurry hits dudes significantly further than if I were to run up and use invig strike on them (I use puncture now, don’t worry). So is my flurry not always benefiting from close affix or is ‘melee’ just sorta relative for whatever they decide?

I read more and more that upper tier NM you basically start to get one-shot no matter what you do and glass cannons start to take over. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ll use flurry as long as I can but might start to hold some gear that may benefit TB later on.

I haven't played rogue yet. Is flurry only supposed to hit in melee? I don't see anywhere on the skill or the 360 degree aspect that says that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If you said "it's a 7-8, an above average game with some big flaws" nobody would bat an eye. Most of us have said it. Now you're tripling down. It's a 6/10. It's a bad game. Anyone who disagrees is a Blizzard defender. Get a life bro.

It severely undermines your argument to confess to those playtime hours in this window of time. It doesn't make sense that a game is fundamentally bad but you're obsessively playing it. It doesn't take you 200 hours to "test" a game. Don't even @ me that it's an ARPG, are you admitting that you had to run nightmare dungeons all the way to 100(so how many dozens of them?) to really understand the potential of the system? Wouldn't be able to suss out how good a game like PoE is without triple digits in maps? And nobody cares that you're being a big goon and playing the video game a lot since half of us are guilty of the same. It's just really easy to laugh at cognitive dissonance like this. This game is horrible, but I can't stop playing it! Most of the explanations there are that you're dumb, easily tricked, have an obsessive compulsive personality/severe gambling and addiction disorder, etc. Pick your poison. Or have a laugh, admit you got heated and apologize. It's cool.

There are best games ever made that don't reach 10 hours for 100% completion and deserve the $60 up front. Nerds crying that Diablo 4 only offers 50-100+ hours of quality content is a joke.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Sorc is miserable until wt3 when you finally get some cdr. The generators feel pretty anemic and you get like 2-3 casts of your spender max before you have to spam your generator.

Once you get some cdr though, its p fun. I still wanna try barb though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I wasn’t even being glib, his mindset is just legitimately alien to me. 200 hours, wow.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zotix I see your pov . I do

I’m sorry if I was rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Harrow posted:

What kind of build are you using? Sorc is the one class I haven't really dipped my toes into yet

I went arc lash from chain lighting around lvl 50. I’m saving gear for an eventual switch to machine gun ice guy! It’s probably not the best but I made adjustments to make it work. I’m around 35/35 for csc and cdr. Upgrades have been few and far between because I already have pretty good sacred equipment.