Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

7 am is crazy early. It'll be 2 pm for me but that's just a weird hour imo.

it's probably the best time slot for the most reach. morning in America, afternoon/evening in Europe, 11-12 PM for Japan/large chunk of Oceania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Diabetic posted:

Supposedly the remake is either Chrono Trigger or Super Mario RPG. Take this with a huge grain of salt.

I've been trying to ration this single grain of salt ever since Geno got last minute dummied out of Brawl. This remake is taking forever. drat Iraq War putting it on indefinite hiatus. I'm sick of the "Real life conflict, would be insensitive to make video games right now" excuses, Nintendo!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Sonic Mania is 8 bux in the US right now, all time low. picked it up and that poo poo slaps from minute 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1hNVn80uo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

guess i lean toward this being smrpg because a) why would chrono trigger be a nintendo exclusive at this point and b) wouldn’t square have announced it in their presentation a few weeks ago?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I would've expected an Earthbound remake before an SMRPG one based on how much more often I see the former brought up online. The clay-ish look of Link's Awakening would look great in that style.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Jigsaw posted:

I now want an HD-2D remake of Chrono Trigger so bad.

Speaking of, where the hell is HD-2D Dragon Quest 3? :argh:

I said come in! posted:

Really excited for this, I hope it has a lot of Quality of Life features though, but also it wouldn't bother me if it doesn't.

[edit]
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/baten-kaitos/news/baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster-qa

And there we go!
"In addition to stabilising the frame rate, "Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster” introduces new features such as encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save to make it even more accessible to new players." perfect.

Turning off random battles needs to be mandatory for all JRPG remakes/ports. :colbert:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Baten Kaitos doesn't have random encounters :ssh:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Artix posted:

Baten Kaitos doesn't have random encounters :ssh:

For some reason I remembered one of the two games having 'em, but I think I'm confusing it for the change in the battle system itself (first game was turn based, and I think the sequel was ATB)? Either way, excellent! The main thing I remember is that (mechanics spoiler, I guess?) item cards in your inventory were affected by time, so a 'food' card could like, rot and turn into a new card.

...I don't like ATB systems. :smith:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bugblatter posted:

Any recommendations on comfortable controllers? The Nitro Deck looks cool but possibly overkill and I don't really want to wait until September.

Many pages back but I'm a big fan of the NYXI Hyperion! They're like 60 bux a bit pricey but they have gyro, normal rumble, and are super comfortable. I get random connection issues here and there so QA might not be the best but they work great generally

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

abelwingnut posted:

guess i lean toward this being smrpg because a) why would chrono trigger be a nintendo exclusive at this point and b) wouldn’t square have announced it in their presentation a few weeks ago?

live a live was a timed switch exclusive

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

With the story chapter select Triangle Strategy is pretty much perfect. You can replay all the chapters, skipping the plot and try different combos to your heart's delight. It's great. Glad they decided to add that in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Read After Burning posted:

Speaking of, where the hell is HD-2D Dragon Quest 3? :argh:

Turning off random battles needs to be mandatory for all JRPG remakes/ports. :colbert:

What I like instead is auto-battle. I hope this auto battle though is more than just doing the basic attack, the best ones, the AI takes over and uses correct spells / attacks for you. Although how Baten Kaitos works, I think that isn't really how the combat works, there isn't really a basic attack if I remember correctly. its been awhile and I didnt finish the first game.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Read After Burning posted:

For some reason I remembered one of the two games having 'em, but I think I'm confusing it for the change in the battle system itself (first game was turn based, and I think the sequel was ATB)? Either way, excellent! The main thing I remember is that (mechanics spoiler, I guess?) item cards in your inventory were affected by time, so a 'food' card could like, rot and turn into a new card.

...I don't like ATB systems. :smith:

Yeah like there was a card that took dozens of hours to change into its new form, which was required if you wanted to fill out your card encyclopedia

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

KingSlime posted:

Many pages back but I'm a big fan of the NYXI Hyperion! They're like 60 bux a bit pricey but they have gyro, normal rumble, and are super comfortable. I get random connection issues here and there so QA might not be the best but they work great generally

I love my NYXI Wizard, but a) GameCube button layout took a little getting used to again and it’s hard to switch back now, not a huge issue for me but it could probably be weird for some games and b) it’s pretty chunky, but I loved the OG Xbox dukes so that’s a selling point for me over teeny tiny joycons. Gyro, regular rumble, hall effect, comes with octagonal or round collars for the sticks that are super easy to switch out.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I wish the NYXI had analogue triggers, I'd like to get one for my Gamecube.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I said come in! posted:

What I like instead is auto-battle. I hope this auto battle though is more than just doing the basic attack, the best ones, the AI takes over and uses correct spells / attacks for you. Although how Baten Kaitos works, I think that isn't really how the combat works, there isn't really a basic attack if I remember correctly. its been awhile and I didnt finish the first game.

Yeah, I just remember the card/item system and this character:

Morpheus posted:

Yeah like there was a card that took dozens of hours to change into its new form, which was required if you wanted to fill out your card encyclopedia

See, this kind of poo poo is so tedious, but I love it! :allears:

VVV Haha, that rules!

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Morpheus posted:

Yeah, that's what gave us the joke 100% speedrun category

https://www.speedrun.com/baten_kaitos_eternal_wings_and_the_lost_ocean?h=100&x=mke7v926

Current world record is 337 hours, the vast majority of which is just leaving the game idle as the runner goes about their daily life.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dream scenario for me would be a new non-"New" 2D Mario, F-Zero GX HD, Mischief Makers/Ogre Battle 64 now available on the N64 Online service, preview of a new Punch-Out!! sequel by Next Level, and one more thing: ARMS 2

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel please (or at least a port/remake with better controls)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Larryb posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising sequel please (or at least a port/remake with better controls)

I think the TotK team should do a Kid Icarus next

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

External Organs posted:

It's a 150 hours long version of the climb leading to the wind temple

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

External Organs posted:

Either way they need to get the English voice cast back (the dialogue was probably the best part of the game in my opinion), maybe they could lean more into the series’ roots for the next one as well since Uprising was basically a Star Fox clone (though that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing in my opinion)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 20, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mister Facetious posted:

It's a 150 hours long version of the climb leading to the wind temple

Goat

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Kid Icarus owns bones, a new game and/or Uprising remaster would be much welcome

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Direct Tomorrow can mean only one thing…

https://youtu.be/nN120kCiVyQ

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Looking forward to this upcoming direct announcing a Xenoblade Chronicles X remake version for the Switch that's actually a finished product.

Including a new DLC storyline that ends with a teaser of the Conduit showing up on Mira.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Went back to Pokemon Violet after a while playing Tears. Holy gently caress this game's presentation is a joke

On one hand, it's unfair to compare Monolith soft (including TotK and BotW) to non-Monolith soft games.

On the other hand, Pokemon's the single most valuable IP on the planet and their games come across as low-budget afterthoughts.

Sakurazuka posted:

EVO kinda sucked so I'd rather Soul Blazer & Terranigma

Condolences for your inability to enjoy one of the best weird games ever made. More Soul Blazer would be cool though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hyped for Spanky's Quest HD.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Hyped for Spanky's SeaQuest DSV.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looking forward to this upcoming direct announcing a Xenoblade Chronicles X remake version for the Switch that's actually a finished product.

I feel like that one would come with weird rights disputes over the music.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They should replace the offending pieces with the rap song from Star Ocean 3. Would fit like a glove for a leper.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
goty 2023 is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67pT2fP7lgQ

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Called 1-2 Switch cause you play it for 1-2 seconds and switch to a better console

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Going to invite 100 people over to play Everybody 1-2 Switch on a rooftop.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

God that looks loving exhausting.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

They should replace the offending pieces with the rap song from Star Ocean 3. Would fit like a glove for a leper.

I meant more that they might not even have the rights to the music and Sony Music Entertainment Japan does which is one of the most restrictive companies in the industry on how their music can be used, by whom and innwhat regions. Also a lot of the vocal artists that particular composer always insisted on bringing in have since left their representative companies in the last decade or so. I can just see it being one of those huge Japanese music industry politics disasters as seen in instances like Dragon Quest where Square Enix never actually owned the rights to the music which was owned by that huge racist nationalist guy Koichi Sugiyama.

Frankly I wouldnt care too much if they just redid the soundtrack entirely as I'm really not much of a fan of that guys music since about 2011 or so when it was apparently decided every other track needed grating vocal components

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 20, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Palmtree Panic posted:

SMRPG has been one the last Nintendo games missing from SNES online. Square remaking it in HD-2D would be the dream.

HD-2D is for beautiful pixel art not butt-ugly faux-3D sprites

edit: I appreciate people’s nostalgia for SMRPG but that game looks like the exact same shade of rear end as the DKC games and both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi look so much better

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 20, 2023

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

HR team building exercise rear end game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Palmtree Panic posted:

Going to invite 100 people over to play Everybody 1-2 Switch on a rooftop.

That's a fire hazard

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

beer gas canister posted:

Sonic Mania is 8 bux in the US right now, all time low. picked it up and that poo poo slaps from minute 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1hNVn80uo

It’s amazing and the soundtrack will blow you away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

DC Murderverse posted:

HD-2D is for beautiful pixel art not butt-ugly faux-3D sprites

edit: I appreciate people’s nostalgia for SMRPG but that game looks like the exact same shade of rear end as the DKC games and both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi look so much better

SMRPG is miles better than any of the paper Mario’s