Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009
billionaires must not have preservation instincts like normal people, like why the gently caress would you get in a boat with a guy named STOCKTON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Weembles posted:

https://www.reuters.com/world/whos-board-missing-titanic-sub-2023-06-20/

quote:

* PAUL-HENRI NARGEOLET. The 77-year-old French explorer, whom media say is one of the five on board, is director of underwater research at a company that owns the rights to the Titanic wreck. A former commander in the French Navy, he was both a deep diver and a mine sweeper. After retiring from the navy, he led the first recovery expedition to the Titanic in 1987 and is a leading authority on the wreck site. In a 2020 interview with France Bleu radio, he spoke of the dangers of deep diving, saying: "I am not afraid to die, I think it will happen one day."
I've got a suspect.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Stockton Rush is what you name a tycoon in a children's movie. No way that's a real guy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

5 people on board, only the 4 who matter listed.

Though the peasant's family may not have been informed yet.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

skooma512 posted:

5 people on board, only the 4 who matter listed.

Though the peasant's family may not have been informed yet.

that list has 5 people

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Morbus posted:

that list has 5 people

Ahhh, I didn't see that the father and son were combined.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

skooma512 posted:

actually all 5 of them have been combined (through compressive forces)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Great, now all I have to do is create and register more LLCs than there are actual voters and every election is mine without having to spend a cent! Thanks, Delaware!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The French Navy guy really should have known better

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Geshtal posted:

Great, now all I have to do is create and register more LLCs than there are actual voters and every election is mine without having to spend a cent! Thanks, Delaware!

LLC cost money to create and there's a yearly fee.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

skooma512 posted:

yes that's an excellent rebuttal to our cashocracies

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

The OSHA thread has informed me that all French technical divers are lunatics who lust for glorious death under da sea.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

skooma512 posted:

They'll also allow trusts to vote and there aren't nearly as many fees for those. Trusts can be created solely to own a physical object, common with machine gun owners, so you could buy a box of pencils and set up a trust for each of them.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Palladium posted:

yes that's an excellent rebuttal to our cashocracies

You can still do it, it just won't be "it won't cost a cent"

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

skooma512 posted:

I don't need them for a full year.

Brimruk
Jun 5, 2009

if this was happening in my town I’d be minecrafting so loving hard

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

FFT posted:

I've got a suspect.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

lol good i choose to believe this

who wants to bet that the idiot didn't actually know how to submarine pilot correctly?

Step 1: acquire cool uniform
Step 2: acquire journalist
Step 3: acquire hacksaw

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

tokin opposition posted:

That's a quote from history greatest monster, Fred Capitalism

I call him Fred Crapitalism

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

SpacePig posted:

Stockton Rush is what you name a tycoon in a children's movie. No way that's a real guy.

The cover character of some long-forgotten boardgame made only to sit on the shelf alongside Monopoly. "Stockton Rush's Building Spree" or something

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

AxGrap posted:

I call him Fred Crapitalism

nice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*in Donald.Trjmo voice* "Fed Crapitalism!"

Morbus
May 18, 2004

skooma512 posted:

well they are now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FFT posted:

I've got a suspect.

hell hath no fury like a frenchman suicidal

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Seaford Delaware has a huge scrapple festival every Fall and all the local Delaware politicians compete in a contest to see who can throw a package of scrapple the furthest

The politico who has the most reach gets a trophy and everything

What I'm saying is how could a mayor elected by corporations throw some scrapple??

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I'm the "company that owns the rights to the Titanic wreck"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Milo and POTUS posted:

hell hath no furry like a frenchman suicidal

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I have it on good authority that actually corporations are people, so it makes sense to give them the vote. This also increases the democracy by having more voters

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder what is worse funnier, dying instantly or being stuck in the tube for days with a bunch of sweaty billionaires? It would be really cool if they are found safe and sound on Thursday after being stuck in a tube with no power for 4 days, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mycomancy posted:

They also help you reheat the healthy leftovers you made earlier in the week.
The first time I ever lived without a microwave I made the amazing discovery that they're not even that good for reheating stuff. Especially not the way most people do it: 2 minutes on high so you get really hot bits and bits that are still cold. If you use the lower power settings and a longer time you get better results, but still not as good as if you'd used a stove or oven - and then it's not even any quicker.

The one advantage is that you can reheat stuff without paying attention to it. You can put your food in the microwave and walk away. It is more convenient in that way. But that's still not a good enough reason to own a microwave.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

How would you even temper your chocolate without a microwave? With a hot water bath like in the 50s? Get real!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder what is worse funnier, dying instantly or being stuck in the tube for days with a bunch of sweaty billionaires? It would be really cool if they are found safe and sound on Thursday after being stuck in a tube with no power for 4 days, right?
have i already said in this thread that submarines are making a play for helicopters' top spot as greenest technology via killing billionaires? this one may have even take out an heir.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Tiggum posted:

The first time I ever lived without a microwave I made the amazing discovery that they're not even that good for reheating stuff. Especially not the way most people do it: 2 minutes on high so you get really hot bits and bits that are still cold. If you use the lower power settings and a longer time you get better results, but still not as good as if you'd used a stove or oven - and then it's not even any quicker.

The one advantage is that you can reheat stuff without paying attention to it. You can put your food in the microwave and walk away. It is more convenient in that way. But that's still not a good enough reason to own a microwave.

Yeah no poo poo microwaves suck if you use them poorly and for tasks they're bad at.

I cook pasta sauce in my pressure cooker and the spaghetti in the microwave, because microwaves are real good at heating water and spaghetti doesn't care how the water got hot.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Microwave water to make tea with to watch a Brit die inside

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lacrosse posted:

No, it's dangerous to microwave a cup of water. Put the tea bag in first, so the water boils properly.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Lacrosse posted:

I do this every time. One mug of water. I delight in the convenience and offense of it

I put the teabag in after it's settled a bit to slightly reduce microplastic intake

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lacrosse posted:

watch a Brit die inside

good

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Brits are already dead inside, especially if they've been living in Britain their entire lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

I'm the "company that owns the rights to the Titanic wreck"

Just owning the rights to a mass grave site in international waters somehow no biggie