Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Zotix posted:

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans, but nobody bats an eye. Binging a game really hard for a week and then dropping playing down significantly over the next few weeks is deranged. Lol.

Get over yourself.

i really appreciate you committing to this and doubling down, good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So uh, guess what happens when you collect a Whisper cache WT1 and open it WT4?

Only place I can find this info online is Discord, please don't spread it to Reddit lest it get patched :)

E: also, in the spirit of "fun at all costs", I have started doing HC PVE farming in the PVP zone. Not bloodmarked, but ready for trouble if it finds me!

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 21, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

This was a while back, but try setting your D4 app's network settings to Public (which is higher security than Private, which always takes me a moment to get my head around). That fixed it for me; it's apparently fairly common with higher end systems.

I am going to try this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Zotix posted:

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans

lmao what a loser country if true

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
13 hours a day of work but i can game all i want so its worth it but i only play games i hate because im mentally ill from workikg 13 hours a day

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

Only place I can find this info online is Discord, please don't spread it to Reddit lest it get patched :)

E: also, in the spirit of "fun at all costs", I have started doing HC PVE farming in the PVP zone. Not bloodmarked, but ready for trouble if it finds me!
It's funny you should mention the PvP zone; I was watching Alkaizer earlier today messing around with a HOTA build after reaching level 100.
He one-shot most players that came up to him and steam-rolled a group that tried going at him several times.

EDIT: I think it was softcore, though - I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he lost his HC barb at 90.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The nightmare lightning affix is cool when the shield drops a mile behind you or at the top of a climb down repeatedly.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Please just let me apply aspects directly from my stash bliz.

Plz.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

fknlo posted:

The nightmare lightning affix is cool when the shield drops a mile behind you or at the top of a climb down repeatedly.

just tank it

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

fknlo posted:

i just shard all those note because of stuff like that even if it’s generally not hard. the little star or whatever makes a noise a second or so before it drops a shield so i just wait for that note before doing anything. just slows everything down

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I still die on occasion to mobs but at L16 I think my Barb is finally managing to survive well enough. I also do not know if I'm going in the right direction but welp I'm exploring the south and east apparently more than the west and I dunno if that's right. I still need 4 more levels before I'll go back and face Den Mother.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 21, 2023

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Zotix posted:

Is it? 200h of work in 3 weeks is pretty standard for a huge chunk of Americans, but nobody bats an eye. Binging a game really hard for a week and then dropping playing down significantly over the next few weeks is deranged. Lol.

Get over yourself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hot drat, switching my ultimate from Deep Freeze to Unstable Currents really makes bosses considerably easier lol

Can't believe my dumb rear end was using Deep Freeze this whole time :doh:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I skip any with that affix cuz it's too annoying.

Hit lvl 65 with my Barb, got the full HOTA build finally, except the stupid shout cool down aspect that won't drop, and man it's lame having to run 3 shouts.

All the rouges and specs talking how easy it is must have it nice.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm playing in like 2-4 hour chunks scattered through the week after work.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Gatts posted:

I'm playing in like 2-4 hour chunks scattered through the week after work.

This is what people do that coincidentally contribute to society in some capacity

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Just popped 4 175 chests in one helltide god is good

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Whew 89 pages in a week.

I liked D2x and POE back when I had time to play video games. Now I can't really sit at a computer for the extended periods of time necessary to have fun in these games (or to even finish a league really in POE.) The kids these days seem to be talking about a Steamdeck as a way to do this stuff without sitting. Does D4 run well on one? How are the controls? Coming from keyboard and mouse gaming I'm having trouble imagining an interface that's conducive to a handheld controller.

I would be buying a steamdeck just for D4 more or less. I don't have a desktop computer running windows these days.

D4 is superb on controller, about as good as you could possibly ask for (better in one key respect, it'll rumble if you're standing in bad :v:)

I usually use kbm to speed up inventory management in town or fiddle with some sub menus, but for actually playing the game I have a PS5 or Xbox controller in hand

I haven't tried deck yet but my understanding is it runs quite well, just some font size issues which is true on a lot of games with lots of text

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
the lightning dome affix doesn't bother me too much since you get that nice big icon and i can pop a flameshield right before it hits, but the stupid rock that chases you around and novas is a shitter

also that affix that disables your potion on ranged hits is stress inducing

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Time posted:

It rules. It's nice when you find a couple of people running a good circuit and team up. Just constant murder for an hour.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
heeeeyy for the hardcore pvp buddy a little heads up that if there's even a split second of latency on the server that somebody traveling on horse can catch up to you even if you're both moving at the same max speed.

luckily death in SC is meaningless so got my exploration blips on my sorc but good to know for when I give HC some serious time

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trevorreznik posted:

Lol this poorly optimized game completely loving froze up during the climatic fmv

Thank God for YouTube I guess

Vic posted:

Yeah great stuff. I loving bet they looked at fromsoft and thought "Hey let's not explain poo poo. Those nerds apparently love that". The big green number go up, no explanation on how it's calculated on top of being wrong is so janky.

And I would understand if this was like an indie early access F2P title, but a 70 euro game from a money printing company is just hilarious. And "better than Diablo 3" is such a low bar too. Come on.

Zotix posted:

Mmm hmm. As I said, I tested a game. The systems aren't there. Your point?

With goons it's always something. If I said the game had issues people would be like nun uh you aren't high enough to know it. Then when you provide evidence, it's moving of the goalposts. Who gives a gently caress if I played 160 hours over 3 weeks? I have a great job, a great life, and I'm having fun. Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro.

The subreddits(oh wait reddit is trash, and 95% of goons don't go to reddit)are literally littered with the same complaints. It's now that the second wave of players are hitting end game and realizing the game is half baked.

It's the same poo poo we saw in the MMO years with Conan rift archage, Swtor, etc. All of the development went into the first 50 hours and anything after that is barely there or not there at all.

I'm having a great day, thanks for your concern. Good luck on your loot adventures.

Zotix posted:

Question, if it wasn't a "Diablo" published by "Blizzard" would you be fine with everything as is? Do you think the community would be as understanding?

I'd contend that the community wouldn't be as forgiving. The flaws seen throughout the leveling, such as the lack of QoL would be punished by the community more. End game players I think the majority would be gone by this point, but content creators are still around exactly because IT IS diablo and those clicks bring the money.

I'm level 100 and have done NM dungeon at tier 90+. I've played the game through the entire current content loop and wanted to give it a fair shake. Right now I'd say the game is probably a 6. Hopefully they deliver on season 1. I do think it's ludicrous though that we're basically repeating D3 and having to go through a year + to bring the game to where it should be on release. I'm glad that most are playing through a new Diablo at their own pace and having fun, but objectively the game is pretty rough right now.

This was sold as a feature pre launch and hyped up fairly well.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634950

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stux posted:

i think some of you are just terminally miserable

its very evident they are lmao

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

LMAO at everything about this

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

This is the way

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Is it really a hack or are the whispers based on your current lvl regardless?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Time posted:

The first time I pulled this off I felt like I needed a cigarette after

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Helltides are incredible gamer feels

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The first time I pulled this off I felt like I needed a cigarette after

it’s probably the closest you’re gonna get to running D3 rifts — just moving and slaughtering

they just need to add more difficulties since it isn’t hard to overpower the overworld in WT4

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Helltides are pretty cool. I usually jump on them with 30 minutes to spare and get a couple mystery chests with a few minutes to spare. Probably the funnest activity in the game right now.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I wish NM dungeons paid out better loot because in truth I like them a lot more than rifts. That thin added layer of having to find key items or hunt down elites or whatever, to me, breaks up the monotony. The glyph XP is a good reward but it’s not a dopamine hit since it’s guaranteed and is very minor per run.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Helltides would be a great opportunity to throw in some of the bosses again for a chance at a ton of embers, kinda sad they didn’t go that route. Duriel or Andariel stomping in to get wrecked would be super fitting.

Throw Izual in too so he can be a mid-tier jobber again. :v:

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 21, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Helltides would be amazing instead of just good if the mob frequency and density were higher. As it is, you gotta ride around a lot to find big groups to have fun massacring. Events, specifically the "kill x# of waves" are by far the best content in the zone.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bussamove posted:

Helltides would be a great opportunity to throw in some of the bosses again for a chance at a ton of embers, kinda sad they didn’t go that route. Duriel or Andariel stomping in to get wrecked would be super fitting.

Especially because the Helltide Assassin is a total fuckin chump

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is it really a hack or are the whispers based on your current lvl regardless?

It's really a hack. I exclusively do WT1 at the moment and never got any nightmare sigils or Sacred items. First WT3 open and I got some.

Not sure if gambling or herb caches work the same way, but wouldn't surprise me.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Zotix posted:

Get over yourself.

Diablo IV: Lord of Obsession

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darke GBF posted:

Helltides would be amazing instead of just good if the mob frequency and density were higher. As it is, you gotta ride around a lot to find big groups to have fun massacring. Events, specifically the "kill x# of waves" are by far the best content in the zone.

Helltides seem really fun in the open and field like sections of the map but the small corridor sections are sparse and disappointing

The currency drops come quick and 3/5 classes can move quickly between packs so it's not bad but i hope like WTV will have more density or something by default

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Helltide Commander don't glitch out on me challenge: Impossible

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smelltide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Tokubetsu posted:

Helltide Commander don't glitch out on me challenge: Impossible
Supposedly this can happen if one of the miscellaneous monsters you need to kill to finish the event runs away and ends up goodness knows where.