Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

C-Euro posted:

Watching this now having never watched a TAFS episode, is this just The Eric Andre Show for people with terminal C-SPAM brain?

Each episode of the Eric Andre show was only 10 minutes long. TAFS is like an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

nick mullen would of been banned from the subforum long ago idk if its "CSPAM brain"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's the leading center-left talk show hosted by the only queer jewish man in the business

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Nick was larry parrish

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I forgot Eric Andre's mom is Jewish so change my answer to yes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nick was former permabanned poster [redacted]

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

TAFS is actually funny so it definitely has nothing to do with cspam at all

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1670902330462535684

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

C-Euro posted:

Watching this now having never watched a TAFS episode, is this just The Eric Andre Show for people with terminal C-SPAM brain?

it's the adam friedland show

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Similarities between the adam Friedland show and the Eric Andre Show:
1. Late night talk shows
2. Host name in title
3. Logos look the same

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Is it just x but y??? dude every thing is its own thing. That’s reddit brain reductionist poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

liz.....

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

che was absolutely correct that the revolution needs love, but its fun to hate

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Similarities between the adam Friedland show and the Eric Andre Show:
1. Late night talk shows
2. Host name in title
3. Logos look the same

4. POC host

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

TAFS is closer to Norm Macdonald Live than anything

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

i say swears online posted:

nick was former permabanned poster [redacted]

He is president of the dsa, and also my close personal friend

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Getting a lot of amber vibes off Liz... Has anyone seen the two of them in the same room?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol at brace obviously standing on a box

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Popy posted:

Nick was larry parrish

free larry

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I found him in an Eve Online Corp discord. Called me a games poster, hope he stays in the phantom zone forever.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

I found him in an Eve Online Corp discord. Called me a games poster,

:ironicat:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

exmarx posted:

lol at brace obviously standing on a box

Brace would never do that. He is simply jumping when the photo is taken.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

KirbyKhan posted:

I found him in an Eve Online Corp discord. Called me a games poster, hope he stays in the phantom zone forever.

he’s right

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

your username is literally a videogame character kirby

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1670629341552603137

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:letsgo:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

brie brie joy is right. listening to her podcast gave me autism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

We should get the autism rate to 100%

I'm doing my part

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

We should get the autism rate to 100%

I'm doing my part

I got the vaccine like 6 times and it didn’t make me any more autistic. What a ripoff!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
autism is the next stage of human evolution and they're complaining, for shame

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

is briebriejoy paying for Twitter?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
there aren’t many other options for people who “create content”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

why would I trust the CDC on anything after they bungled COVID

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Man, I got excited when I saw the new episode of Guys was about Horror Guys. I know horror guys, I am a somewhat horror adjacent guy, there is so much stuff to get into with horror guys, I was psyched!

but then the episode loving sucked! They clearly don't know any actual horror guys, so there discussion was totally inane. They spent the bulk of the runtime talking about this one horror Youtubers video where he ranked the top ten sexiest monsters.

There was no talk of the different kind of horror guys, of the progression through the levels of horror movie nerdery, nothing about physical movie collectors, nothing. They mentioned horror conventions once and I thought that might go somewhere but they just said conventions in general are weird and moved on.

They spent a long time reading reviews of horror movie toys, which was painfully dull, but they also included reviews of a NECA Leatherface figure, which especially annoyed me because they had moved on to a different kind of guy and didn't even notice! NECA Guys are a distinct kind of guy! They overlap with horror guys but they bring a whole set of different mannerisms and neuroses. They share more with other brand name toy line guys than they do with horror guys,

The whole thing was extremely frustrating. Guys is such a great concept for a podcast but it's ruined by the hosts and guests' lack of familiarity with the topic.

Gripweed has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Jun 21, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/samoyedcore/status/1671197299798851584?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

https://twitter.com/samoyedcore/status/1671324312035524608?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm glad everyone is antivaxx now

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Man, I got excited when I saw the new episode of Guys was about Horror Guys. I know horror guys, I am a somewhat horror adjacent guy, there is so much stuff to get into with horror guys, I was psyched!

but then the episode loving sucked! They clearly don't know any actual horror guys, so there discussion was totally inane. They spent the bulk of the runtime talking about this one horror Youtubers video where he ranked the top ten sexiest monsters.

There was no talk of the different kind of horror guys, of the progression through the levels of horror movie nerdery, nothing about physical movie collectors, nothing. They mentioned horror conventions once and I thought that might go somewhere but they just said conventions in general are weird and moved on.

They spent a long time reading reviews of horror movie toys, which was painfully dull, but they also included reviews of a NECA Leatherface figure, which especially annoyed me because they had moved on to a different kind of guy and didn't even notice! NECA Guys are a distinct kind of guy! They overlap with horror guys but they bring a whole set of different mannerisms and neuroses. They share more with other brand name toy line guys than they do with horror guys,

The whole thing was extremely frustrating. Guys is such a great concept for a podcast but it's ruined by the hosts and guests' lack of familiarity with the topic.

thats every episode of the podcast as far as I can tell. they just riff on a guy they found on youtube for an hour and it's exactly as funny or not as the youtube guy. its rifftrax for youtube guys.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

yeah guys would've been better off as one of those limited run things he does for a few weeks every year

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad everyone is antivaxx now

didn't help that most of the terminally online left told people that the vaccines really didn't work and we had to keep staying inside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Brie and Peter Daou going gaga for an absolute moron whose only qualities are money and his last name is hilarious