Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

YggiDee posted:

Bismark isn't hard, but the timing on the harpoons is extremely tight and if you mistime your sprint and don't have the right kind of gap closer you're hosed. Also it's very long compared to most of the other HW unsync fights.

I ran into more issues with the adds. If you can't burst down one of the paired adds before they start moving, you probably can't burst them down before Bismarck Breach Blasts the island and you lose. Though probably this is trivial now, I'm thinking of when 80 was the level cap.

Mordiceius posted:

Down to my final 6 non-Ocean big fish.

:negative:

I started on this road this weekend. Got about 10 ARR Big Fish so far. Even filtering for just ARR there are so drat many and the available times cycle so fast. Overall a pretty chill time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

parasyte posted:

I ran into more issues with the adds. If you can't burst down one of the paired adds before they start moving, you probably can't burst them down before Bismarck Breach Blasts the island and you lose. Though probably this is trivial now, I'm thinking of when 80 was the level cap.

The snakes were always the real choke point for soloing the fight. The main trick is to not wait for them in the middle, but off to one side and immediately dump your DPS cooldowns into one of them. That way you get several gcds before the other one wakes up and comes over to tether. Even at level 90 if you agro them together it can be problematic to kill them in time. But iirc it was doable at level 70 on some jobs as long as you held onto your burst for snake phase.

e: other fun ex soloing things that are achievable at level 90: for most of the ARR ex trials, the HP barriers that require phase transitions before you can beat them actually take 5-20 seconds to apply. So if you hit Ifrit or King Moggle Mog or Shiva hard enough with your alpha, they just drop dead with no phase transitions.

Since this has been possible with 70 BLU in T9 Savage for a while they can probably do the same in at least some of the fights depending on how quickly mechanics happen (Mog probably brings in the troops too fast to set up a proper Final Sting).

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 19, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

parasyte posted:

I started on this road this weekend. Got about 10 ARR Big Fish so far. Even filtering for just ARR there are so drat many and the available times cycle so fast. Overall a pretty chill time.

Take it slow. Take it easy. It's a very long road. You will sometimes come across a fish available for 90 seconds and then unavailable for 2 weeks, only to have its next availability at 4am your time, followed by another 3 weeks of downtime.

The legendary fish (the final 6 fish for each expansion) are going to be the hardest gets. If you want to actively track fish, make sure you're tracking those.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
I've been down to Cinder Surprise as only remaining big fish for months and months. Recently there was a full 2 week gap between windows and most of the time even when it comes up I'll probably be asleep or at work anyway.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
My plan, at least for now, is to check Carbuncle Plushy whenever I'm in the mood and chase whatever's active for a bit. Going to be leaving the legendary fish until I'm done enough with the rest that I do have to wait for windows to open. I presume that's going to be a while before it gets down to that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

parasyte posted:

My plan, at least for now, is to check Carbuncle Plushy whenever I'm in the mood and chase whatever's active for a bit. Going to be leaving the legendary fish until I'm done enough with the rest that I do have to wait for windows to open. I presume that's going to be a while before it gets down to that.

My (insane) method was to go by order of expansion. I started with ARR fish and only focused on them until I had caught everything that was active. Once the only remaining ARR fish were on cooldown, I move on to HW and repeated the process. Not the most efficient, but it kept my bags from being completely taken over by bait - just mostly taken over.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I managed to get all the big fish (at least the ones I didn't already catch for Of Dragon's Deep) in around 2 months. With the right luck it should be replicable.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Early on the journey, there will be a dozen or more (and probably 30 to 50 at the very start) big fish available at any given time. Take it slow and just go see what you get. When you pick one, try to stick around until its window ends rather than jumping over to a different fishing hole just because something shinier pops up. Definitely don't worry about tracking much, possibly aside from the ones that are only up 0.5% of the time or less.

Let worrying over the last few obnoxious ones on your list wait until much later, after you've already decided if the fishing life is for you.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 20, 2023

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There are like, a handful of legendaries that I think that you should track from day 1 because of how much of a bitch they are to catch and how rare their windows are. Ruby Dragon, Cinder Surprise and Salad (I never remember the actual name).

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Even if you limit by expansion you will always have fish available even if the majority are these lovely rear end rare single catches. I spent 3 lockouts trying to get the fish by wineport in Eastern la noscea

Frankly arr alone has so many fish that you could track every other expansions annoying fish and still constantly have stuff available to do in arr itself despite catching a bunch.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 20, 2023

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
while maintenance is going on look at this picture I took and really liked

love to glam as a goofy wizard

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Rennala really been through it recently

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Just listened to the XVI song Find The Flame on spotify for the first time. I hadn't heard beforehand there was a Maker's Ruin leitmotif in it, what a nice nod to XIV.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Just listened to the XVI song Find The Flame on spotify for the first time. I hadn't heard beforehand there was a Maker's Ruin leitmotif in it, what a nice nod to XIV.

Frantically making a thumbnail of Meteor Survivor doing the soyface next to impact font PROOF FF16 TAKES PLACE ON A SHARD! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

1stGear posted:

Frantically making a thumbnail of Meteor Survivor doing the soyface next to impact font PROOF FF16 TAKES PLACE ON A SHARD! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Interestingly enough there's like nothing on Twitter and like one barely commented reddit thread. You would think people would have been saying something. Find The Flame is 16's MC's theme song. I can't wait to see all the nods the game will end up having

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Waiting for the announcement of the Eikonic Warrior/Vessel/Fighter/Whatever job for 7.0.

Do it, Yoshida. Give us a melee equivalent of SMN.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I can't wait to discover that Hildy had been warped into FF16 between Stormblood and Endwalker.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder what and when the first XVI collab will be...

How long was it before the XV collab

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

1stGear posted:

Wasn't there something about A suspicious red dot in the sky way out in space in one shot or another?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Do it, Yoshida. Give us a melee equivalent of SMN.

Arcanist is a little inflexible, they could use a 3rd job.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wasn't there something about A suspicious red dot in the sky way out in space in one shot or another?

That's a red star called Metia that people pray to for luck. I am sure this angry red star getting named is in no way significant and just random background fluff.

Get your Endsinger conspiracy theories in now!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I want a magical Tank. Back when I was a wee sprout who didn’t know what half the jobs were I somehow got it in my head that Arcanist was a tank job, and I still see no reason you can’t have a magical-themed job that’s still based on drawing aggro. Mystic Knight maybe?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

You pretty much described Paladin, half their rotation is holy magic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sword Saint when, SE?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Warriors get so angry that their rage gives them magical abilities. Does that count? Hating the opponent so much that you become an anger wizard?

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I mean, technically at a not even that high level every job is doing magic via channeling aether, whether it be through their bodies or otherwise. That's mostly pedantry to the current discussion though.

Still wanna see Mystic Knight, don't care if it's tank or DPS. Part of me also kinda wants to see what a Ranger would look like for another physical ranged.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I mean every single job uses magic to some degree or another. MCH is firing bullets of aether, SAM's fancy draws are all from pooling aether in the blade, MNK is just channeling aether through their body to do poo poo. I still want a cool tank that throws around sickass magic sigils and stuff.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Maxwell Lord posted:

I want a magical Tank. Back when I was a wee sprout who didn’t know what half the jobs were I somehow got it in my head that Arcanist was a tank job, and I still see no reason you can’t have a magical-themed job that’s still based on drawing aggro. Mystic Knight maybe?

That's Paladin

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Xerophyte posted:

That's a red star called Metia that people pray to for luck. I am sure this angry red star getting named is in no way significant and just random background fluff.

Get your Endsinger conspiracy theories in now!

I half-want there to be an easter egg where you can find a Starbird that asks you "On a scale of 1-10, how apocalyptic is your world?"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah that's the problem with "caster tank" ideas, that's literally paladin's design space like how "melee caster" is just samurai

and if you want "well I don't mean like a caster just something that uses MP" that's dark knight!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Maxwell Lord posted:

blue mage tank

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

dark knight and paladin are both magical tanks

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Rune Fencer from XI had a cool aesthetic.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I mean, technically at a not even that high level every job is doing magic via channeling aether, whether it be through their bodies or otherwise. That's mostly pedantry to the current discussion though.

Technically GNB doesn't need the user to have any aetheric potential, all the magic's in the bullets, which most (but notably not all) gunbreakers imbue themselves.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I think one of the biggest gaps in the job lineup, flavor wise, is a nature themed job. The closest thing is WHM/CNJ, with its low level nukes and high level flowers and water, but that's not quite the same as conjuring earthquakes and lava plumes or turning into animals.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chillgamesh posted:

I think one of the biggest gaps in the job lineup, flavor wise, is a nature themed job. The closest thing is WHM/CNJ, with its low level nukes and high level flowers and water, but that's not quite the same as conjuring earthquakes and lava plumes or turning into animals.

i sort of expect a new caster themed off elements in 7.0, borrowing from the ffta-style viera elementalist. especially with the hints we've gotten that we're going to see more bunnies in the near future.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Finally it's Geomancer's time to shine

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

i sort of expect a new caster themed off elements in 7.0, borrowing from the ffta-style viera elementalist. especially with the hints we've gotten that we're going to see more bunnies in the near future.

I definitely feel like there's room to repurpose a lot of Conjurer's thematics now that WHM's steering much more towards the traditional light-based stuff, yeah.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
We're gonna know what the new job is in little over a month. Wild.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Chillgamesh posted:

Plant/nature mage ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

We're gonna know what the new job is in little over a month. Wild.

Will we know or will we be arguing over the meaning of a t-shirt?