Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ilmucche posted:

People I know said the new harry potter game is actually pretty good as a mindless adventure game. Is that true?

I’m going to say “yes” but I’ve never played it or read anything about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i had fun with Diablo III in college. i don't think i will be playing IV.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

ilmucche posted:

People I know said the new harry potter game is actually pretty good as a mindless adventure game. Is that true?

perhaps you would enjoy reading the Hogwarts Legacy thread in Games, or maybe the Hogwarts Legacy thread in Imp Zone? a lot of questions like this were addressed there

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The Hogwarts Legacy thread was like 90% shitposting, 10% serious-ish conversation about Harry Potter (albeit the same conversations that have been going on for 20 years), and a couple of sincere weirdos who got summarily mocked (like the person who said without prompting "a trans person came in for a job interview today and I did NOT hatecrime them :smuggo:").

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mycot posted:

The Hogwarts Legacy thread was like 90% shitposting, 10% serious-ish conversation about Harry Potter (albeit the same conversations that have been going on for 20 years), and a couple of sincere weirdos who got summarily mocked (like the person who said without prompting "a trans person came in for a job interview today and I did NOT hatecrime them :smuggo:").

lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

mycot posted:

lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lady Radia posted:

perhaps you would enjoy reading the Hogwarts Legacy thread in Games, or maybe the Hogwarts Legacy thread in Imp Zone? a lot of questions like this were addressed there

I've heard those threads had very little about the game itself

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

word???

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycot posted:

every day i go to bed proud that i haven't committed a hate crime. i accept either karma or a cookie

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hogwarts Legacy is basically a copypasted ubisoft game with wizards instead of guns and the story is about goblins doing blood libel for some reason

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I can not stress enough how much I love sf6

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mycot posted:

*puts hands to temple, closes eyes, squints so hard I crap myself* Hufflepuff!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

ilmucche posted:

It's another completely homologized game product like assassin's creed, farcry, forspoken, etc. So the only reason to get it over the others is if the setting is particularly appealing to you.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It looked like the most 'turn a crank and a triple-a game comes out' game I've ever seen

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For some insane reason the hogwarts legacy discourse spilled out in the star citizen thread and 4 posters decided that was where they would take their stand against 'wrongthink'

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The only insightful thing about the actual game that I gathered is that apparently there's hints of a more detailed game like every student and teacher having their own housing and bed, but none of it matters because it's a mass appeal open world game so it's not going to have anything as obtrusive or interesting as NPC schedules.

pentyne posted:

For some insane reason the hogwarts legacy discourse spilled out in the star citizen thread and 4 posters decided that was where they would take their stand against 'wrongthink'

I remember this, it started as like a throwaway joke about Star Citizen's environments and spiraled into transphobia.

mycot fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 21, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its not insane at all star citizen attracts crazy people

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

how can star citizen be transphobic, when the game doesnt even exist

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VostokProgram posted:

It's just that powerful a game concept.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

you can play it but you might die by opening a door or walking down a flight of stairs

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I’m going to be playing final fantasy 16 in 24 hours. Badass.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

clive ftw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

VostokProgram posted:

Oh?? Just like trans people don't exist. Dumbass lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hogwarts legacy is insane to me because i spent the entier lead up to its release thinking it was a school sim and then it was just a boring ubisoft game where you go to class Once

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

hang on a goddamn minute sex ghost did you hang up your red star because you wanted to poopsock FF16

because if so, mad respect

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Terrible Opinions posted:

It's another completely homologized game product like assassin's creed, farcry, forspoken, etc.
Didn't realize they've been turning all the games gay. So this is what people are mad about?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

ilmucche posted:

yeah its good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I tried out the SF6 demo and holy poo poo this looks good. I'm gonna buy it

I made a dopey old man who is short and I love him

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
The other slightly interesting thing about Hogwarts Legacy is that the game goes out of its way to make you a 15 year old transfer student (in the wizarding world?), because presumably they did not have the guts to have you be capping goblins as a ten year old.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

if you travel to new zealand you can play it in seven hours, even if you only travel in spirit by changing the settings on your ps5

as a kiwi I give everyone in this thread permission to use my country so

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I just bought Assassin's Creed Origins because it was on sale, and it's immediately one of my favorite games. Bayek of Siwa owns as a character. Be a Knight for Ancient Egypt? Hell yeah, I'm sold.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

hogwarts legacy is insane to me because i spent the entier lead up to its release thinking it was a school sim and then it was just a boring ubisoft game where you go to class Once

Mrs ghost who does not game at all was the most hype anyone has ever been thinking that this was the Harry potter game she wanted since she was a child where you choose your house and go to classes and it's basically persona+the sims but with wands. And then it wasn't that and she was very sad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just bought Assassin's Creed Origins because it was on sale, and it's immediately one of my favorite games. Bayek of Siwa owns as a character. Be a Knight for Ancient Egypt? Hell yeah, I'm sold.

:blastu:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about the harry potter game that was a gear of war style cover shooter lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
press x to perform a glory kill harry

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Harry Potter fans want Persona, but not anime. Star Citizen folks want Freelancer, but also EVE. Both of these goals appear to be impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Terrible Opinions posted:

Harry Potter fans want Persona, but not anime. Star Citizen folks want Freelancer, but also EVE. Both of these goals appear to be impossible.

Just play Persona, it’s better in every way and slightly less embarrassing.