Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Grem posted:

I thought that you'd just get like, light headed, sleepy, and then lay down and pass out. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Depends how well the CO2 scrubbers work. If they just run out of Oxygen yeah. If the CO2 builds up it's more like the experience of trying to breath with a plastic bag over your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The Juicero was insanely over-engineered for what it did. An incredibly in-depth teardown: https://blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50

By comparison, the Groversub has the engineering prowess of Elon's death tube to "rescue" kids, scaled up a bit, and charging a quarter million per ride.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

R.L. Stine posted:

i am truley sorry. i changed the thumbnail out of guilt for anyone thinking it wasnt real

don’t ruin the gag just because of one dumbass

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah carbon monoxide is a peaceful death, carbon dioxide is the convulsing and feeling like you're suffocating kinda death.

Ugh! Whichever, of carbon's many oxides.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Juicero was insanely over-engineered for what it did. An incredibly in-depth teardown: https://blog.bolt.io/heres-why-juicero-s-press-is-so-expensive-6add74594e50

I know of another incredibly in-depth tear down of a similar machine recently.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jet Jaguar posted:

By comparison, the Groversub has the engineering prowess of Elon's death tube to "rescue" kids, scaled up a bit, and charging a quarter million per ride.

This thing is actually worse than Elon's stupid minisub and it brings me no joy to say so.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Raskolnikov38 posted:

don’t ruin the gag just because of one dumbass

i think people would legit skimmed over it lol i know i wouldn't click on that poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

R.L. Stine posted:

i think people would legit skimmed over it lol i know i wouldn't click on that poo poo

I didn't click on it :c00l:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

SourKraut posted:

The US Navy has capabilities that could be used to rescue the submersible, such as FDOSS, if the submersible can be properly located; FDOSS has brought equipment larger than this sub up, and from much greater depths.

It wouldn't be easy and still might not work, but it's not quite as bleak as you said.

Well that's neat on paper at least, kinda wild we have to tech winch poo poo back up from 4km under the sea.

Senor Tron posted:

Depends how well the CO2 scrubbers work. If they just run out of Oxygen yeah. If the CO2 builds up it's more like the experience of trying to breath with a plastic bag over your head.

I believe they're just using lithium hydroxide scrubbers which do work even without power if you lay them out in the environment since it's just a chemical reaction with CO2 in the air. As an added bonus the chemical process is exothermic so it might actually help them not freeze to death in a metal tube surrounded by near freezing water.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

R.L. Stine posted:

I don't care about facts so I skipped it. I prefer a baseless reality.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

If they’re alive I really hope they get rescued, because despite the levels of questionably-ironic psychopathy in this thread, I can’t wish that level of suffering on anyone.

I promise you a Pakistani billionaire and a U.A.E. expat involved in private jet and luxury London real estate brokering are like bottom rung of "anyone".

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Senor Tron posted:

There's a Monty Hall documentary about diving the Blue Hole where he puts on a rebreathing rig without a filter to cause the effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYuMN206Jzo&t=1570s

He managed about four minutes directly rebreathing his own air, not sure how long five people in a small tube would make it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jet Jaguar posted:

You call Juicero over-engineered, but it wasn't designed to descend into deep ocean to squeeze all the juice out of the meatbags you put into it. Now that's engineering

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

A people juicer is a lot trickier to make.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Delthalaz posted:

Anyone have that quote on hand where the creator of the death tube said he was inspired by Space x and that used the word innovation 30 times to explain why he didn’t need any safety oversight ?

I mean were they not disrupting?

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."

Three Olives posted:

I promise you a Pakistani billionaire and a U.A.E. expat involved in private jet and luxury London real estate brokering are like bottom rung of "anyone".

Pakistani billionaire’s 19 year old son is on board. loving 19, basically still a kid.

The amount of joy some folks are taking in peoples (potentially live) suffering in this thread is a bit scary, including how I’ve been joining in and doing it as well.

Grown-rear end adults winning Darwin awards can be quite funny, but I feel sad for that kid, and if people are actively suffering painfully, I feel sad for them too.

The Dirtiest Harry fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 21, 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The amount of joy some folks are taking in peoples (potentially live) suffering in this thread is a bit scary, including how I’ve been joining in and doing it as well.

Hold up live? You mean there's a stream of this we could be watching? Got a link?

And it's ok to other and dehumanize billionaires. You wouldn't be human if you didn't.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Hold up live? You mean there's a stream of this we could be watching? Got a link?

And it's ok to other and dehumanize billionaires. You wouldn't be human if you didn't.

How about the billionaire’s 19 year old kid? Subhuman by blood association?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Best way to experience Titanic

Oh man I played this dumb game too many times as a kid.

Extremely dated now but was pretty unique at the time. For those who don't know, you play as this British government agent who somehow goes back in time and ends up on the Titanic. You can alter history by completing certain missions/objectives on the ship before it sinks. The perfect ending ends up with you escaping the ship and altering history so that WW2 never happens, Hitler is just a successful painter, Stalin/Lenin/Trotsky never rise to power, and there's basically world peace.

Very silly but I had fun with it, and if nothing else it was one of the few games for a while that let you explore much of the ship, which was neat.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I'm just as happy watching something bad happen to a prince as I am a king.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Pakistani billionaire’s 19 year old son is on board. loving 19, basically still a kid.

Grown-rear end adults winning Darwin awards can be quite funny, but I feel sad for that kid, and if people are actively suffering painfully, I feel sad for them too.

they're rich people, dude.

billionaires, like Titanic first class passengers, are abominations unto this planet.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Not by blood, as there's growing evidence that the billionaire's stepson should also be tossed in the sub.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Easier to relate to a squirrel than a billionaire. Their lives are so far removed from our own it's not easy to relate for most people.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

I heard they were bad kids

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

We live in a system, in the context of Pakistani billionaires heirs...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's sad about the kid, maybe, but you know what they say, can't make an omelette without cracking a few submarines.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Mr Teatime posted:

Rescue of the groversub, 2023, colourised.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pookah posted:

I saw today that one of the people in the sub is a hugely experienced deep-sea diver, Paul-Henri Nargeolet. He's old enough to have been in every vessel capable of descending to the Titanic wreck, he's been down there many many times, and even with all those years of experience, he chose to get into this obvious deathtrap:

My personal, entirely factless theory is that he knew he was close to death anyway and had a lifelong morbid curiosity about what dying in a sub implosion was like.

:stare:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what’re folks thinking the sub’s fate was?

I’m still in camp “popped like the Thresher”

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I like to think, realising they were doomed, one of the billionaires lit a cigar which immediately ignited all the farts.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

wilderthanmild posted:

It's only slightly better than being buried alive in a casket.

please explain to me, a smoothbrane, the difference?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'm subscribed to the theory it fell into a time rift and they were rescued in 5739. Also aliens.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

staberind posted:

You have an xbox controller, like no games sure, but you can just close your eyes and hold it and pretend you're playing a game.

Incidentally probably how they crashed.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

cool man we've all noted how morally centered you are.

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

staberind posted:

In the casket it’s over quicker, and you’re not surrounded by 4 other people going through the same sanity-breaking ordeal as you.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The inter dimensional beings we’ve all been seeing intervened and saved them. Or did they doom them?

Coming to MAX this July…

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Grey Cat posted:

I'm subscribed to the theory it fell into a time rift and they were rescued in 5739. Also aliens.

And then the aliens pulled back their masks, and revealed that they were other billionaires

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Apparently they are picking up banging sounds in 30 minute intervals on sonar

So I guess they didn’t get pancaked

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna laugh about the 19yo but this is a billionaire's kid paying for their stupidity. usually it's every child in the world paying for billionaire stupidity.

Fansy fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

You have an xbox controller, like no games sure, but you can just close your eyes and hold it and pretend you're playing a game.

Incidentally probably how they crashed.

can you please amend your will, lol, as if you have bothered making one, to include being buried with an xbox/psp controller (see, I am supportive of both genders)

In the casket it’s over quicker, and you’re not surrounded by 4 other people going through the same sanity-breaking ordeal as you.
"you win this round, brainiac" *bead of sweat forms on temple*

i hope they are spening their last hours productivly by loving

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Apparently they are picking up banging sounds in 30 minute intervals on sonar

So I guess they didn’t get pancaked
oh.

Actual E: i'mm going to try to read the thread, something.... i know a certain group of ppl are incapable of, *cackles*

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 21, 2023