Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Oh man when I heard the songs playing in the trailer :allears:

Cannot wait

Rewatching the trailer and looking at all of the details, they got everything perfectly recreated. All of the little details, they left out absolutely nothing. The 16-bit version, its crazy how detailed that game actually is in its graphical presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
Super Mario Substance Abuse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

great direct

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Heck yes, good direct. Wintendo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've been following the development of Palia for a good while and the devs seem absolutely lovely.
If you're in to that sort of game, it should be a hoot.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
With SMRPG Remake & SMB Wonder, weird Mario is back in full force.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DID THEY ACTUALLY DO A SUPER MARIO RPG REMAKE FINALLY

aSDKFJALDSJFLAKSDJFLKAWDJFOQAIWEFUAIO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One thing I did just realize Nintendo left out, was the sub-title, Legend of the Seven Stars. Also just noticed that Square-Enix is in the copyright, so they are involved in this game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Rewatching the trailer and looking at all of the details, they got everything perfectly recreated. All of the little details, they left out absolutely nothing. The 16-bit version, its crazy how detailed that game actually is in its graphical presentation.

Only thing that probably needs a spit shine is some of the combat systems to remove the jank.

Either way cannot wait.

That game was a big part of my childhood.
(Probably cause I spent so much pocket money on it + an NTSC converter when I found it in an import store)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope you can turn off the Flower’s voice, full sentences in Mario games feels wrong to me. Like imagine if Cappy had a real voice it’d be obnoxious. Everything else looks Greer

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The Mario Bros Wonder trailer really deserves to be watched in fullscreen... on your phone it looks like a slightly nicer "New" title, but on a big screen the details really shine, it looks loving amazing. I think nintendo got annoyed with everyone calling rayman legends "the most beautiful sidescroller" for decades lol

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Vampire Survivors looks like ridiculous shovelware, is it a phenomenon I haven't heard or something?

vampire survivors is unimaginably addictive but i don't think it's very good imho. it's every element of addictive game design tossed into an ugly box

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

God drat that was great. I was completely wrong thinking Tears was the swan song for the Switch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Polo-Rican posted:

vampire survivors is unimaginably addictive but i don't think it's very good imho. it's every element of addictive game design tossed into an ugly box

but diablo 2 is already on switch

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm looking forward to the HD Remasters of Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The original composer of SMRPG is the legendary Yoko Shimomura. Her new work on the Live a Live remake is incredible so this is also going to rule.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

hatty posted:

I hope you can turn off the Flower’s voice, full sentences in Mario games feels wrong to me. Like imagine if Cappy had a real voice it’d be obnoxious. Everything else looks Greer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Only thing that probably needs a spit shine is some of the combat systems to remove the jank.

Either way cannot wait.

That game was a big part of my childhood.
(Probably cause I spent so much pocket money on it + an NTSC converter when I found it in an import store)

I'm not looking forward to the last two dungeons. I hope there are some difficulty / accessibility options to make certain parts easier. There is that lava platform puzzle that I am dreading redoing lol. I can only redo that part with save states on emulator now haha.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nothing's gonna turn me off from a game faster than "Free to Play Adventure Sim"

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1671529687565180928

How does he do this so fast

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also Infinitum, the cutscenes being completely new is just incredible. They have so much detail in them. I'm so excited for seeing all of the cutscenes.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Did Pikmin 1 and 2 have co-op or was that only introduced in 3?

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
It's been a very long time since I played mario rpg but in the trailer for the remake there was a percentage counter in the corner of the screen during battles, that's new right? Any ideas what that might be for?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

smrpg, star ocean 2, the mgs games, sonic superstars, super mario wonder …. so many games just for me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You lot and this thread is my video game news, I don't check other threads. My brother-in-law is a good source too as he used to be in the industry and still follows obscure indies. I otherwise don't bother keeping up with things or being on social media. It's exhausting.

Since all I have is a Switch that makes sense now. Glad it's actually a good game because that trailer didn't convince me. Cool!

For some things, effectively yes.

I can see Vampire Survivors looking like just nothing special if you're someone who has never heard of it before (that is crazy though, you're crazy) because the spritework isn't particularly amazing or anything. Do yourself a favor and get it on Switch and try it out. It might not click immediately, but soon you'll blink and it's 60 hours later and you'll have a full beard

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

also curious about the yoyo game from the sonic Mania team. mania was so good I’ll play whatever they make

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Super Mario Bros. 1, Durr

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Item Getter posted:

2 had co-op side modes, and then either 3 or 3 Deluxe made it for the full campaign too.

I'm very curious how 4's multiplayer will end up going, besides duels with bad end Olimar?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I'm not looking forward to the last two dungeons. I hope there are some difficulty / accessibility options to make certain parts easier. There is that lava platform puzzle that I am dreading redoing lol. I can only redo that part with save states on emulator now haha.

God I got stuck on the last boss for months as a kid, cause I really didn't understand grinding and poo poo back then.

It's just a really brutal step up in difficulty

I said come in! posted:

Also Infinitum, the cutscenes being completely new is just incredible. They have so much detail in them. I'm so excited for seeing all of the cutscenes.

Mallow
The tadpole pond
Genos
Yoshi Island section
All the bosses

It's all there. Goddamn I'm so hype for this one.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Item Getter posted:

I think co-op is only 3 but 2 had multiplayer. It's campaign was solo but challenge mode was co-op iirc.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

lmao y'all spent your 2nd TOTK vouchers on Pikmin 4 when vampire survivors is coming to switch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I want to race around the bathroom in Mario kart now

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
:3: I can't wait for Wonder. I hope it's the game my kids look back at fondly like I do with World.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Macaluso posted:

I can see Vampire Survivors looking like just nothing special if you're someone who has never heard of it before (that is crazy though, you're crazy) because the spritework isn't particularly amazing or anything. Do yourself a favor and get it on Switch and try it out. It might not click immediately, but soon you'll blink and it's 60 hours later and you'll have a full beard

For real.

Vampire Survivors is the epitome of "Might as well try this game, it's only $3 OH MY GOD IM LATE FOR WORK!"

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Long live the Switch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

An Actual Princess posted:

also curious about the yoyo game from the sonic Mania team. mania was so good I’ll play whatever they make

Tee Lopes confirmed he is the main composer on the soundtrack as well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

man nurse posted:

Long live the Switch

the switch will never die

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

If the dev priced Vampire Survivors at what it should be worth he'd be a billionaire.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao y'all spent your 2nd TOTK vouchers on Pikmin 4 when vampire survivors is coming to switch

Won't have be for a voucher. Oh poo poo I still have a voucher! Hm. I wonder if I don't use it on Pikmin 1+2 (dumb), Super Mario RPG (Not bad), or Wonder (now we're talking.)

man nurse posted:

Long live the Switch

Amen.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not a big fan of SMRPG's style but the thing that'll actually keep me away is them charging $60 like they did for LA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

God I got stuck on the last boss for months as a kid, cause I really didn't understand grinding and poo poo back then.

It's just a really brutal step up in difficulty

Mallow
The tadpole pond
Genos
Yoshi Island section
All the bosses

It's all there. Goddamn I'm so hype for this one.

Same! It comes out a week after my birthday this year. Im so excited its coming out this year.