Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

another goon made this or found it. idk if its been posted yet but lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

William Bear posted:

I think some goon made this yesterday.

https://countingdownto.com/?c=4831670

21 hours and 23 minutes left!

Guilty.
E:Was based off the "40hrs left" remark 3hrs after it was said.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Pookah posted:

Irish media finally found someone local with a connection to this business.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-oil-boss-who-visited-titanic-wreck-says-hes-hopeful-for-five-sub-passengers/a687353788.html

"Consummate Businessman" has to be the tech version of "Absolute President"

To quote Kill Six Billion Demons:

"YISUN said: let there not be a genesis, for beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ratjaculation posted:

it makes good sense, since you have to move the camera to sit in front of the window and take a poo poo

Turning the camera to prank my fellow submariners so their souvenir video is just my face as I strain to curl out a gigantic brown sea snake

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Anyone see any pearl-clutching media reports yet about how gleeful the general public is about the deep sea billionaire clown car?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pookah posted:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-oil-boss-who-visited-titanic-wreck-says-hes-hopeful-for-five-sub-passengers/a687353788.html

It was the headline news on BBC Northern Ireland last night because, erm, the Titanic was built here

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

another goon made this or found it. idk if its been posted yet but lol.

I'm Peter Graves, and this is Biography...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pookah posted:

I appreciate talking to someone named 'Oisin ' about it.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
It's gonna be real embarrassing if they live and come back and see how much poo poo talking we've been doing. I'll be mortified

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
I'm curious why SEA PATROL has been so quiet through all this. They have the technology to make this a quick rescue.......or recover the human goo, depending on which is needed.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I like my Peking duck with lots of 'oisin sauce.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Klyith posted:

loving lmao.

"I'm going to drop ballast from one side. You watch."

"Two dropped. From both sides. 😬"

Also they randomly lost comms to the surface right before that lol

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
But I'm not sure we could convince them to disable the onboard destructor given they operate under their own authority, so I guess they wouldn't do much good.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

I think maybe the sub just wasn't innovative enough. We need another billionaire to also build their own janky-rear end sub to show everyone that, actually, unregulated diving vessels are absolutely fine. It might take a few more goes but we'll get there eventually!

Make more space for passengers this time, keep the price for a ride the same though

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

William Bear posted:

I'm Peter Graves, and this is Biography...

It bums me out that the Rifftrax for Missile X did not contain a single Biography joke. I guess the MST3K of Parts: The Clonus Horror got my hopes up.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Goddamn, everyone involved either died horribly or will die horribly, and it seems like the entire internet is coming together to absolutely roast the gently caress outta them for it

People just fuckin hate rich people and it owns

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Their real problem was not bringing enough stimutacs for everyone.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

AvesPKS posted:

It bums me out that the Rifftrax for Missile X did not contain a single Biography joke. I guess the MST3K of Parts: The Clonus Horror got my hopes up.
I think they used up that joke pretty extensively. It wasn't just on Parts

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I'm curious why SEA PATROL has been so quiet through all this. They have the technology to make this a quick rescue.......or recover the human goo, depending on which is needed.

Those clowns? We need to get PAW PATROL on the case. Ryder and his team of pups will be there to save the day.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

Here's a video from a Spanish influencer that went on a trip last year. They have an issue on descent and the pilot drops one of the sandbag ballasts with the bluetooth controller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAncVNaw5N0&t=447s

lmao "maybe in the future they'll be able to polish whatever they need to, in order to spend more time down there"

well I guess they found a way

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Prettz posted:

I think they used up that joke pretty extensively. It wasn't just on Parts

They could've dropped one in. I feel like every five minutes of Parts they were making a Biography joke.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Sadly it is not pronounced like "Ocean", it's "Ush-een"

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Just a day after hunter Biden is convicted of gun charges the boat sinks

What did they know

Texas :patriot:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1671498543771574273

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Chuds know how to make anything funny not funny. It's genuinely impressive.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Riker giving a tour: "And there's only one place to poop on the sub, and it's right here, blocking the only window."

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Deptfordx posted:

Those clowns? We need to get PAW PATROL on the case. Ryder and his team of pups will be there to save the day.

They even have prior experience saving a French explorer and another person that were stuck in a diving bell on the ocean floor!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Thanks for the update, Kyleigh. G-d bless.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Do you think any of them are going to mention the irony out loud before they suffocate?

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:

Oh weird how this one controller is no longer available direct from Logitech all of a sudden :allears:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

This whole thing is loving crazy- there's no privacy curtain on the outside. Fish can watch you poop when you're in the submersible.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I can't believe it took this long honestly.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Droogie posted:

This whole thing is loving crazy- there's no privacy curtain on the outside. Fish can watch you poop when you're in the submersible.

You mean those perv fish are watching me make?!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Droogie posted:

Feature, not a bug

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Grey Cat posted:

Chuds know how to make anything funny not funny. It's genuinely impressive.

drat, Biden is too powerful. I hope the GOP has a fire-type pokemon candidate ready.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
All joking aside, I really worry about the chilling effect this incident is going to have on adventure tourism and dangerous expeditions. As we've seen, real social good can come from these journeys and it would be a shame if this dampens enthusiasm for this kind of innovation and exploration.

I want to encourage as many ultra-rich ghouls as possible to climb into killing cylinders so that they can either be atomized by rocket failure or instantly crushed into goo thousands of meters from ever being found by human eyes.

Also big shout-out to Hamish, who by all available info seems to be the only good billionaire. Respect

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

loving LOL

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

drat, Biden is too powerful. I hope the GOP has a fire-type pokemon candidate ready.

Insert Delphox for president furry bait joke here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

do you think people have hosed in the wreck of the titanic?