Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Cervix-A-Lot posted:

Stop picking up gems. You only need a few.

Can't wait for them to make gems a currency in a coming patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Kaddish posted:

That being said, there are some I lol nope out of. Like resource burn for example.

the nullifier bubbles are the worst, especially when they keep moving

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Only one I check for is “40% lightning damage reduction” which just makes it impossible. Everything else is fair game though, I ain’t no bitch.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

nah, you just want the game to be a cakewalk.

you see the same exact "criticism" in WoW's harder difficulty modes and M+ dungeons from bad players. "this isn't fun blizzard please nerf this raid mechanic or affix until i can clear it without effort".

I think goons and players in general need to be able to distinguish between difficulty and annoying the player. The lightning bubble is a good example. Why does that thing fire off while just traversing the dungeon?? I now have to run back to the bubble that didn't keep up, wait 5 seconds for the lightning to pop and the be on my way again. It adds no skill checks and only slows the player down.

A much better version is to have the affix tied to a mob so that there is still the skull check and planning to be in the bubble, but when enemies are actually around making combat more interesting instead of just tedious when you are traveling the dungeon on down time. Same thing with effects that occur on death. Monster drops shiny loot! Wait 3 seconds for his corpse to blow up please before moving on to find the next pack.

Harder is fine. Skill checks is fine. Adding unnecessary out of xombat tedium to a looter that relies on pace and feel of combat is bad.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I like the big rear end rock that follows you around and blasts big red rear end

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

zoux posted:

Anyone got a sweet spot for how high above your current level you should make sigils for. I just did one that was +9 and it was fine.

Depends on your gear and the dungeon you run I think.

Early T4 I was struggling doing stuff that's +10 and low late T4 I can hang with stuff that's +15 except for that one Asylum map that is all wraiths and ghosts where I get one shot.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I don't play this game to not pick up things. if I wanted to not pick up things I would play POE or try to flirt with someone.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Black Griffon posted:

I don't play this game to not pick up things. if I wanted to not pick up things I would play POE or try to flirt with someone.

:):hf::)

Nice to see another OCD loot picker-upper around.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I like the big rear end rock that follows you around and blasts big red rear end

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

WarpedLichen posted:

Depends on your gear and the dungeon you run I think.

Early T4 I was struggling doing stuff that's +10 and low late T4 I can hang with stuff that's +15 except for that one Asylum map that is all wraiths and ghosts where I get one shot.

Yeah I can do some dungeons fine at T55 but would have tremendous difficult on a ghost archer heavy T35.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Nightmare modifiers need to be at least doubled in quantity ASAP. As it stands they're samey and with a couple of them that amount to borderline torture for the player, not in a fun way imo.
  • Reaper's Pursuit: Every 5 minutes you lose a Revive. If you have no Revives, the run fails instead.
  • Profane Blessings: All Shrines are corrupted.
  • Blessed Profanities: If any Shrines are left unused, the boss gains their benefits.
  • All That Glitters: Gold and gems turn into lava if not picked up in 3 seconds.
  • Gloom: Light radius is limited to Close range.
  • Stay Awhile: Events are mandatory for dungeon completion.
  • Mglrmglmglmgl: Alarm Goblins run around the dungeon, alerting packs to your presence.
  • Another Castle: The dungeon has an extra stage accessible via a portal.
  • Victory or Death: Reviving respawns you inside the dungeon. Using Town Portal fails the run.
  • Meat Locker: The Butcher always spawns in the boss room.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 21, 2023

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Same. Cool rock and makes me stay movin

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Black Griffon posted:

Here's the thing - once you make a second character and start blowing through crafting supplies you're going to wish you picked all that poo poo up

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Shredder posted:

Here's the thing - once you make a second character and start blowing through crafting supplies you're going to wish you picked all that poo poo up

the people who didn't pick up poo poo will look up at me and say "save me" and I won't hear them because I'm picking up rocks and cool sticks and poo poo

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

• Reaper's Pursuit: Every 5 minutes you lose a Revive. If you have no Revives, the run fails instead.
  • Profane Blessings: All Shrines are corrupted.
  • Blessed Profanities: If any Shrines are left unused, the boss gains their benefits.
  • All That Glitters: Gold and gems turn into lava if not picked up in 3 seconds.
  • Gloom: Light radius is limited to Close range.
  • Stay Awhile: Events are mandatory for dungeon completion.
  • Mglrmglmglmgl: Alarm Goblins run around the dungeon, alerting packs to your presence.
  • Another Castle: The dungeon has an extra stage accessible via a portal.
  • Victory or Death: Reviving respawns you inside the dungeon. Using Town Portal fails the run.
  • Meat Locker: The Butcher always spawns in the boss room.

Ok whoever thought disabling town portal as a wrinkle should be shot into the sun. That is pure bullshit. It doesn't make the play more interesting whatsoever. It either adds tedious bullshit or its utterly irrelevent.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Shredder posted:

I ran out of blue crafting mats and I'm really happy to pick up blue items again

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
New negative affix ideas:
-enemies are immune to Vulnerable
-your armor is 0 and your lowest ele resist now applies to your phys resist as well
-you take 10% of the crit damage done to enemies

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

wemgo posted:

New negative affix ideas:
-enemies are immune to Vulnerable
-your armor is 0 and your lowest ele resist now applies to your phys resist as well
-you take 10% of the crit damage done to enemies
- Monster attacks reduce your gear durability.

unattended spaghetti posted:

Ok whoever thought disabling town portal as a wrinkle should be shot into the sun.
Rude. :(

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Rocket tag: you and enemies are constantly under the effects of a lethal shrine

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Monster attacks reduce your gear durability.

This is deranged. And someone thinks it's a good idea.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
-elites now have invulnerability 85% of the time and spawn with 15 fully invulnerable minions

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
story thing: Is it just me, or is this the first time in the series that the story feels incomplete without the eventual expansion? The previous games' expansions are all side stories involving villains other than Diablo; it seems fairly clear that in the D4 expansion, the lords of Hell will invade Sanctuary and probably Neyrelle will come back and go "whoops I failed to hide the soulstone properly" and then we'll fight Diablo, since Lilith spends half her on-screen time telling us this is going to happen and even Mephisto says "yeah that's definitely happening but we can work together for now".

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

wemgo posted:

-elites now have invulnerability 85% of the time and spawn with 15 fully invulnerable minions

Wait I thought Diablo 3 is bad. Now it's good?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
gently caress you random skeleton archer whose single shot takes away 3/4 of my Barb life out of no where what the gently caress is that

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Incoherence posted:

story thing: Is it just me, or is this the first time in the series that the story feels incomplete without the eventual expansion? The previous games' expansions are all side stories involving villains other than Diablo; it seems fairly clear that in the D4 expansion, the lords of Hell will invade Sanctuary and probably Neyrelle will come back and go "whoops I failed to hide the soulstone properly" and then we'll fight Diablo, since Lilith spends half her on-screen time telling us this is going to happen and even Mephisto says "yeah that's definitely happening but we can work together for now".

I am hopeful that we will get some episodic story content somehow during the seasons. Its probably not going to happen, but the story seems to set up for that sort of thing.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Philthy posted:

gently caress you random skeleton archer whose single shot takes away 3/4 of my Barb life out of no where what the gently caress is that

Diablo endgame baby lol

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Philthy posted:

You’re venturing too far into bullet hell mode. Gotta get that def up so you can return to cookie clicker mode

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If you're not picking poo poo up, you've probably not yet reached the point in the game where you need to reroll affixes on gear to avoid hitting a brick wall.

Then the first time you go for that 3rd or 4th crack at that cooldown reduction or crit roll on an otherwise ace bit of gear and see your last 500k gold vanish for the choice of 3 stats that do absolutely nothing for your damage or survivability, you'll wish you had been picking poo poo up.

Inflation has really hosed up the enchanting market in TYOOL 2023. Please sell the dungeon trash.

Love and kisses, future you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Philthy posted:

Is this a humble brag that you can survive the hit?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Rewards for wt4 world bosses need to be improved. The last 5 world bosses I've killed dropped essentially the same loot as t21-30 nightmare dungeons. Considering how infrequent world bosses are, how difficult they can be for certain people to access, and how much effort goes into killing them, it's a real bummer when they drop a bunch of loot you end up vendoring. I've only received 1 grand cache from a world boss, and it also contained pretty standard loot. They should at least reward rare crafting materials and tons of XP. If they dropped like 30 forgotten souls and a large amount of XP, they'd be worth doing.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 21, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Incoherence posted:

Diablo II literally ends with a cliffhanger. The original Diablo basically sets up the entire expansion and next game.

I think Diablo 3 is the only entry to have a story that was fully self-contained. Malthael doesn't even appear and the Black Soulstone could have stayed locked up with no impact on the original D3 campaign.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Verisimilidude posted:

Rewards for wt4 world bosses need to be improved. The last 5 world bosses I've killed dropped essentially the same loot as t21-30 nightmare dungeons. Considering how infrequent world bosses are, how difficult they can be for certain people to access, and how much effort goes into killing them, it's a real bummer when they drop a bunch of loot you end up vendoring. I've only received 1 grand cache from a world boss, and it also contained pretty standard loot. They should at least reward rare crafting materials and tons of XP. If they dropped like 30 forgotten souls and a large amount of XP, they'd be worth doing.

I think you get scattered prisms at least. I agree they should really buff the xp on them.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Verisimilidude posted:

Better this than gating essential things behind a time limited event though, no? One of my pre release concerns was that the time limited stuff would be necessary for end game pushing. I'm not there yet but it seems that's not the case?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Got my rogue through the WT3 capstone. Absolutely breezed through it in contrast to my druid which felt like I was right on the edge of always dying. Felt real good. Those 25 paragon points at level 50 for an alt are a pretty nice boost.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I got more xp and loot from killing a treasure goblin 5 mins later than I did from my world boss kill today. I was about .5% of an xp bar off lvl 72 going in - at the end I had .4% left and a cache I can't open.

TY little screaming loot pinata.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

If you're not picking poo poo up, you've probably not yet reached the point in the game where you need to reroll affixes on gear to avoid hitting a brick wall.

Then the first time you go for that 3rd or 4th crack at that cooldown reduction or crit roll on an otherwise ace bit of gear and see your last 500k gold vanish for the choice of 3 stats that do absolutely nothing for your damage or survivability, you'll wish you had been picking poo poo up.

Inflation has really hosed up the enchanting market in TYOOL 2023. Please sell the dungeon trash.

I was hoping D4 would do away with D3's "pick up every yellow because you never know which one could be an upgrade" thing that happens late into the game. Maybe this is heresy, but I wish there was a place I could sell good yellows that I don't need, and then browse for other ones that I might be able to use. Like an auction house.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I went into a cellar the other day and there were 4 loot goblins just chillin. I like cellars; theyre like dungeons just with less strand-like gameplay

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

unattended spaghetti posted:

Better this than gating essential things behind a time limited event though, no? One of my pre release concerns was that the time limited stuff would be necessary for end game pushing. I'm not there yet but it seems that's not the case?

I never said anything about gating anything. I'm saying the rewards for going out of your way to do a world boss should be worth the time and effort.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
All I want are obols and legendary crafting mats.

Also, i cannot for the life of me find a decently rolled ring or gauntlets. These junk affixs gettin me pissed!

(Posting for inevitable luck boost, ty thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Don Dongington posted: