Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Proven Wife-Beater Mike Lester Attempts to Make Sense

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is there a Kellies category for being just straight-up insane? Because either Lester is saying a mind-control injection given to dissidents is an actual thing to be concerned about or this cartoon is so badly constructed it's lost whatever point he's trying to make.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The most charitable take is that the vaccine mandates are part of psychologically priming people to accept more direct state control.

Or those who dare question are going to their doctor to get a vaccine to protect them from state mind control.

It's just more insane ramblings from Lester though.

Drakyn posted:

Proven Wife-Beater Mike Lester Attempts to Make Sense

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Guavanaut posted:

The most charitable take is that the vaccine mandates are part of psychologically priming people to accept more direct state control.

Or those who dare question are going to their doctor to get a vaccine to protect them from state mind control.

It's just more insane ramblings from Lester though.

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

It's this one. Hell, it was one of the original talking points when the first round of covid vaccines came out.

"Nobody even knows if the vaccine works or if it will cause any autisms on people, but we're not supposed to think about that, just get the shot because the government told us to. Be good little sheep and don't ask any questions, just blindly obey."

atomivoi
Jul 22, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Poison Ivy is, I believe, a poorly done caricature of White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, whom Ishida also depicted as a secret lizard person giving trans people orders to murder cis white people. :shepface:

Sam Brinton wasn't even anywhere near a major part of the administration, either - looking things up, they were deputy assistant secretary of Spent Fuel and Waste Disposition for the Department of Energy. Totally a major behind-the-scenes player somehow, y'all.

No idea who the Dr. Strange is though.
I believe it is special counsel Jack Smith.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
So the DOJ is arresting Hunter Biden via a plea deal.

I look forward to the usual suspects to be rubbing their hands in glee, while still claiming the DOJ is a puppet of Biden and the Banana Republic or whatever.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
A combination of “this is just the first step, just you wait with this loose thread tugged the whole Biden crime conspiracy will be revealed” and “The Biden crime family forced the FBI to charge Hunter with minor crimes instead of the legit big bad crimes, covering those over. According to me, Law Knower, this will render Hunter immune to further charges of Treason unless Trump gets back in the Whitehouse”

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Realistically putting money down on a cartoon comparing Trumps crimes(small technicalities, witch hunt, corrupt FBI) to Hunters crimes(huge, worse than charged, box of a hundred guns, laptop/gun hybrid, Biden staring into the middle-distance oldly)

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

The cartoon is referencing this clip:
https://twitter.com/BubblesToBurst/status/1669705920522383360

To head off a semantic debate about what grabbing is. it's more copping a feel than out and out honking

E: not that that makes it better I'm just hoping to avoid a really gross and pointless argument about what word best describes exactly how the president is manhandling yet another woman in this particular instance

Please try to use original/reliable sources for footage. I don't believe this has been edited deceptively, but as a general policy it allows one to be sure.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Koos Group posted:

Please try to use original/reliable sources for footage. I don't believe this has been edited deceptively, but as a general policy it allows one to be sure.

CSPAN has the video of the full speech, the hug/sideboob-feel in the clip is the last 20 seconds or so

https://www.c-span.org/video/?528784-1/president-biden-hosts-screening-flamin-hot

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 20, 2023

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

CSPAN has the video of the full speech, the hug/sideboob-feel in the clip is the last 20 seconds or so

https://www.c-span.org/video/?528784-1/president-biden-hosts-screening-flamin-hot

Thank you.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Blind Duke posted:

Realistically putting money down on a cartoon comparing Trumps crimes(small technicalities, witch hunt, corrupt FBI) to Hunters crimes(huge, worse than charged, box of a hundred guns, laptop/gun hybrid, Biden staring into the middle-distance oldly)

I can almost picture the Garrison that tries to give Trump credit for getting Hunter in any sort of legal trouble.
It'll probably involve Donald J. Sixpack holding a large flashlight at a giant amorphous blob called "Corruption", with a Gollum-like Hunter with a heroin needle sticking out of his arm being illuminated and recoiling in fear.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Senator Jacqui Lambie, a former soldier herself, has referred the senior leadership of the Australian Defence Force to the ICC for alleged war crimes.

Rowe:

The Housing Australia future fund bill is in limbo after the Greens and the Coalition voted to delay it to October. Labor is accusing the Greens of playing politics on the issue and is waving the threat of a double dissolution election (i.e. everyone out, back to the polls).

Golding:

The Coalition leaders David Littleproud and Peter Dutton in the bottom panels.

Wilcox:

Spooner:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I'm pretty sure Hunter got hit with all the crimes we know he actually committed. Of course victory is never enough for these lunatics, see also Branco bitching about how Dem opposition to their wins still exists. If all gay Americans were rounded up and shot tomorrow they'd complain about how the method of execution wasn't cruel enough.

Edit: I'd say I'm guilty of doing the same with Dem victories but I'm not a Democrat and their wins are always watered-down, we support progressive causes until the exact picosecond we actually vote on them and then it's cutting time.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

the_steve posted:

It's this one. Hell, it was one of the original talking points when the first round of covid vaccines came out.

"Nobody even knows if the vaccine works or if it will cause any autisms on people, but we're not supposed to think about that, just get the shot because the government told us to. Be good little sheep and don't ask any questions, just blindly obey."

The original talking point was:

Everyone who takes it will die. No wait they'll die in two years. No wait they're all sterile. Ok there's an alien parasite in there but we don't know what it does. Something.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
joe rogan, elon musk, and that evil wizard trump just hired to be his lawyer

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

the_steve posted:

"Of course it's a witch hunt! Never mind all the people who worked for him giving testimony, the physical evidence, and Trump basically admitting to it on every occasion he can, HE says it's a witch hunt and fake, so it must be! Only listen to him, you sheep!"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

The original talking point was:

Everyone who takes it will die. No wait they'll die in two years.

And we're still supporting Trump even though he took the vaccine and will be dead before the next election

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

And we're still supporting Trump even though he took the vaccine and will be dead before the next election

I think he's got a few years left in him, even with his lifestyle - he can afford healthcare.
But get this, when he dies, he'll probably get all the rites and respect of every other president. Laying in state, the option of being buried in Arlington National Cemetery. The whole nine yards.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Busters posted:

I think he's got a few years left in him, even with his lifestyle - he can afford healthcare.
But get this, when he dies, he'll probably get all the rites and respect of every other president. Laying in state, the option of being buried in Arlington National Cemetery. The whole nine yards.

Oh yeah. There'll be a whole conga line of "I didn't always agree with him, but I respected that he was always willing to speak his mind." and other bullshit decorum platitudes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nomination: Too Many Words

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

Kellies Nomination: Worst Two Things Happened Cartoon

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Busters posted:

I meant according to the antivax people the vaccine is about to kill Trump any day now, so it's funny that so many of them also think he'll still be alive in 2024. Do they believe their vaccine conspiracies or not.

Well maybe they'd say he only pretended to get the vaccine to fake out the deep state or whatever.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: The Joys of In-Person Worker Collaboration

Ted Rall posted:

Many employers are increasingly upset that workers don’t want to return to offices or to endure long unpaid commutes from their homes. They keep talking about the possibilities for collaborating in person, ignoring the realities of open floorplans, in which stressed-out workers avoid one another under their headphones.

First Dog on the Moon: Local Swifties and even the Taylor Swift adjacent are losing their minds trying to get Australian tickets

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Gary Markstein

Gary Varvel

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

lmao did Stiglich just draw himself in this one? Like he snapped off at the TV and thought it was so witty he had to write it down?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
He's a muppet?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Where's the cat staring at the reader?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: The Joys of In-Person Worker Collaboration

I, uh, think using a job that required you to work in person in close proximity is probably not the best comparison/example for your cartoon to use.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kchama posted:

I, uh, think using a job that required you to work in person in close proximity is probably not the best comparison/example for your cartoon to use.

Eh, it's not his worst attempt at an own. I mean, you get the point he's trying to make, even if the visual metaphor doesn't line up.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it's a joke by absurdity that the people talking about "The Joys of In-Person Worker Collaboration" have an unpleasant ulterior motive in both cases, and at least he went with classical galley slavery rather than any more recent example which may have come across a bit :yikes:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on George Osborne’s day at Covid inquiry – The former chancellor and David Cameron have both defended their austerity policy to the panel"

Telegraph:

Core inflation highest in 31 years; Royal Ascot 2023: today's race times, how to watch on TV and betting tips

gently caress Off Matt:

School that allowed child to identify as cat faces government investigation

Times:

Evening Standard:

In Pictures: Sun rises on Summer Solstice across Britain

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I CAN’T WAIT for the ENTIRE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION to be HISTORY

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Heliotrope posted:

I CAN’T WAIT for the ENTIRE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION to be HISTORY

thread title

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
*monkey paw curls*

Historic Biden Administration Goes Down in History, will Definitely Never be Forgotten Because it was so Exceptional

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I can’t WAIT to BOMB some DODONGOS!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

One aspect of transphobia is holding trans persons to standards and qualifications you would not apply to cis persons. A Clear Commentary On British Transphobia Cartoon.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Microplastics posted:

*monkey paw curls*

Historic Biden Administration Goes Down in History, will Definitely Never be Forgotten Because it was so Exceptional
six word horror story

“Today begins Joe Biden’s 3rd term.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

bunnyofdoom posted:

Isn't that just failing in love with Abraham Lincoln then rebounding with JFK?