Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pro tip, you can play every OG Phantasy Star on Switch and M2 did the best port of all time on one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
whatever happened to the KFC gaming computer/fried chicken heater?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Danaru posted:

More like Gaycube (complimentary)

The gamecube is the gayest color: blurple

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

The gamecube is the gayest color: blurple

I take it back there is one problem with the switch and it’s that I can’t get this color.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol funny joke (suddenly gets very serious) i'm going to kill you

the barney allegation cuts deep

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Why do you have to spend FP to jump in SMRPG

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

pog boyfriend posted:

playstation is way more cooler than nintendo because it has badass characters like spyro and crash. meanwhile nintendo just has a fat plumber going around fixing peoples toilets LOL. its actually pathetic. i bet you guys still watch barney to

Yup. Nintendailures seething rn.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

those are special jumps

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

naturally super mario rpg is in the top 5 best rpgs on the snes, the track beware the forests mushrooms is one of the things that got me into composing in the first place. but whats especially good about this is that this announcement indirectly trolls geno for smashers even more

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Look at this scrub who never managed 100 Super Jumps.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Danaru posted:

More like Gaycube (complimentary)

ps5 (actionable)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

those are special jumps

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol funny joke (suddenly gets very serious) i'm going to kill you

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

super mario rpg is the one with timed hits right

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

VostokProgram posted:

super mario rpg is the one with timed hits right

They all have timed hits.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i know about timed hits

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BOSS: Mario... try to remember the basics of timed hits.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i know about timed hits

*goomba peaces out instead of engaging u in tutorial battle*

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Danaru posted:

Why is DK64 still not on switch online
if i had to guess it's probably because their n64 emulator isn't amazing and dk64 is a weird and temperamental beast at even the best of times

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I am glad that they are doing a remake of my most favorite game of all time, Star Ocean: The Second Story and also having it not look like hot garbage.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Danaru posted:

Why is DK64 still not on switch online

its getting remade

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BOSS: Mario... try to remember the basics of timed hits.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i cant get over them just wholesale copying the uncompressed renders for the smrpg remake lol. madmen. in a perfect world id like a new aesthetic that captures the spirit of the original adaptation since that adaptation created an artstyle all its own, but ill settle for stubby mario fighting his way through a series of absolute freaks. every enemy in smrpg is a complete weirdo as it is so faithfully cleaning up mid-90s cgi for them is appropriate anyway. anything small and simple like the tadpoles translates cutely no matter the form which goes for basically all of the environments too, but im excited to see punchinello still look like an abandoned mcdonalds mascot. also the fidelity of the actual cutscenes owns. the setting of smrpg has this really distinctly childish dreamlike feeling to it which this approach should capture well, clashing and all. yoko shimomura rearranging the entire soundtrack is enough of a sell on its own honestly

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
once you choose a side in the console wars, you're lost

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

naturally super mario rpg is in the top 5 best rpgs on the snes, the track beware the forests mushrooms is one of the things that got me into composing in the first place. but whats especially good about this is that this announcement indirectly trolls geno for smashers even more

my opinion:
https://smrpgrobo.ytmnd.com/

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Why are PS5 owners in here did they finally release a game?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Cranappleberry posted:

once you choose a side in the console wars, you're lost

yea unless you choose stadia

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Of course not, that's why they're posting.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

TheMightyBoops posted:

I take it back there is one problem with the switch and it’s that I can’t get this color.

The "blue" switch lite is real close

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yuuuuuup, demon's souls and spiderman miles morales

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

PS5 got the best games the PS3 has to offer

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Babe Magnet posted:

PS5 got the best games the PS3 has to offer

The White Knight Chronicles games aren’t on PS5?

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

Violen posted:

i cant get over them just wholesale copying the uncompressed renders for the smrpg remake lol. madmen. in a perfect world id like a new aesthetic that captures the spirit of the original adaptation since that adaptation created an artstyle all its own, but ill settle for stubby mario fighting his way through a series of absolute freaks. every enemy in smrpg is a complete weirdo as it is so faithfully cleaning up mid-90s cgi for them is appropriate anyway. anything small and simple like the tadpoles translates cutely no matter the form which goes for basically all of the environments too, but im excited to see punchinello still look like an abandoned mcdonalds mascot. also the fidelity of the actual cutscenes owns. the setting of smrpg has this really distinctly childish dreamlike feeling to it which this approach should capture well, clashing and all. yoko shimomura rearranging the entire soundtrack is enough of a sell on its own honestly

Gonna end up buzzing through this instead of taking my time like I should just because I'm so psyched to see how they handle the aesthetics and music of the credits parade.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the thing I'm looking forward to most in the SMRPG remake is the OST. one of my favorite games ever and one of my favorite game soundtracks ever

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

PS5 no games, Xbox no RAM, Nintendo no ideas... seems like the PC Gaming Master Ra- er uh PC gamers stay winning

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

we used to have sony support, microsoft entertainment, and nintendo power.....

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

YLAD's story is better than Persona 5 in every way and hits a lot of the notes you'd think P5 would've gone for

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
YLAD is the cool place to hang out.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

That DICK! posted:

no persona character can hold a candle to mallow

late, but worth quoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Violen posted:

Every environment in SMRPG looks like an exquisitely crafted diorama and I’m really glad they kept the same aesthetic