Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's also confirmed that Yoko Shimamura is back to do the soundtrack again :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hopefully this paves the way to finally have Geno in Smash

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Leal posted:

Hopefully this paves the way to finally have Geno in Smash

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Tendales posted:

P5 is about going to bed when your cat tells you to,

Wisdom. I was playing Path of Exile last night on the PC and the two cats who sleep in bed with me at night both came to bug me, and I realized it was almost 1:30am and they were telling me to go to bed :3:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

butebdi

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kchama posted:

Futaba's not autistic and she's also a year younger than the protagonist. And uhh, the latter is definitely not presented as a good thing you're suppose to approve of, but to show just how vile Kamoshida's view of other people are, such as his victims, are. That's not literally Shiho but his twisted mental image of her given form.

EDIT: Also I don't think the protag views Futaba as a little sister, since they literally just met and have no relatiion.

Futaba absolutely reads as autistic to me and the English VA has said she views her as and played her as autistic, I think it's an entirely reasonable enterpretation, although this being Persona I assume she will eventually grow out of being autistic and become a salarywoman/doting wife

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like p5r overall but Christ

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Futaba absolutely reads as autistic to me and the English VA has said she views her as and played her as autistic, I think it's an entirely reasonable enterpretation, although this being Persona I assume she will eventually grow out of being autistic and become a salarywoman/doting wife

I have not finished P5R (I'm in Royal's bonus content) and Futaba absolutely reads as being on the spectrum.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the best confidant in persona 5 is hifumi. next topic

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I don't know who any of those people are. Sorry, it's hard to concentrate. Booster's Theme is going to be playing in my head until November 17th, and for some time after.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

the best confidant in persona 5 is hifumi. next topic

This is correct. She was originally meant to be a party member and would have been the best one easily

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's yoshida actually. He owns and is useful

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Of course not, that's why they're posting.

fuuuuuuuuuuccccccckk

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The writing in P5 is hosed and lots of parts in it are skeevy as hell, plus it completely sabotages its own themes constantly. But it's still overwhelmingly the most fun of the persona games to actually play and the aesthetics and music kick rear end. And despite that extremely lovely gag with the two gay dudes, it's waaaaaaay less homophobic than p4

The remake of p3 is gonna be so much better than it though and I can't wait.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

SMT chat is making me realize that I only ever got the neutral ending of Strange Journey, because I figured I'd get it over with and then get the cool endings, and then I never felt like replaying it

Should probably do penance by... idk, playing more SMT

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Fajita Queen posted:

despite that extremely lovely gag with the two gay dudes, it's waaaaaaay less homophobic than p4

P5R box quote.

Edit: also after Soul Hackers 2 I’m a little wary of P3 Remake.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 21, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Imagine if the hacks at persona team today tried to write Ulala Serizawa

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

how did the writing in persona 5 get so much worse from persona 4. actually unbelievable to me lol
the persona 4 writing is also really bad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo stays winning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

P5R box quote.

Edit: also after Soul Hackers 2 I’m a little wary of P3 Remake.

On the other hand SH2 showed that they still know how to make decent dungeons, which I thought was an art they completely lost at some point after Strange Journey

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Mallow's story arc on the other hand is a tale of friendship and family and what it means to be a hero

mallow is also gay

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Remember when hitler took over japan with spider tanks in persona 2

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kchama posted:

And uhh, the latter is definitely not presented as a good thing you're suppose to approve of, but to show just how vile Kamoshida's view of other people are, such as his victims, are.

You can date your teacher in Persona 5

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

On the other hand SH2 showed that they still know how to make decent dungeons, which I thought was an art they completely lost at some point after Strange Journey

I believe the SH2 team is mostly made of people from Strange Journey and TMS (I also liked TMS dungeons) I haven’t looked at who’s on the P3 remake team.

It was the combat that I had to tap out of, maybe it gets depth later on, but I kept falling asleep.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Art imitates life I guess.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
there should be an invisible point system attached to the kissing scene this time

and barret should be an option

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

Remember when hitler took over japan with spider tanks in persona 2

that was the fuehrer different character

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Did they license that one Van Halen song for it?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you can blackmail your teacher into dating you in Persona 5!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Leal posted:

Did they license that one Van Halen song for it?

Don't think they did.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

P3 is the best of the 3 because it has the least writing; I have a feeling they will manage to bring it to the 4 and 5 levels for the remake.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
whats really hosed up is we're at zero hour but id trade ff16s release date for smrpg remake's...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

p3 had a guy who wanted to gently caress his teacher, p4 had a teacher who wanted to gently caress you but was mean. this is called the rule of threes.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

p3 had a guy who wanted to gently caress his teacher, p4 had a teacher who wanted to gently caress you but was mean. this is called the rule of threes.

now that the teacher sex trilogy is done with i look forward to the new direction persona 6 is moving into

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah that was the one I specifically pointed out being correct (as I assume that's what that was about).

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I mean I get why you say that, but the actual plot is that she's just really traumatized from everyone telling her she caused her mother's suicide and not that she's autistic. She just can't handle being around other people as a result. There's a reason why facing her trauma helped her with that.

Anyways, I don't think even an RPG would go so far as to claim that trauma causes autism. I hope. No one tell me if an RPG did. I assume YIIK 2 would have if anyone had ever liked the original.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 22, 2023

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kchama posted:

Yeah that was the one I specifically pointed out being correct (as I assume that's what that was about).

I mean I get why you say that, but the actual plot is that she's just really traumatized from everyone telling her she caused her mother's suicide and not that she's autistic. She just can't handle being around other people as a result. There's a reason why facing her trauma helped her with that.

Anyways, I don't think even an RPG would go so far as to claim that trauma causes autism. I hope. No one tell me if an RPG did. I assume YIIK 2 would have if anyone had ever liked that game.

me. yiik till i squeak

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gayest post ill ever make but futaba can be autistic coded and not great with social interaction as a person and also, separately, be traumatized. she mentions she barely had any friends even before everything happened.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gayest (negative) post. i have made many gayer (positive) posts.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

pog boyfriend posted:

yiik till i squeak

this is an incredibly distressing sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Violen posted:

this is an incredibly distressing sentence

every year i try to make a new sentence that nobodys said or thought before to push the boundaries on the english language