Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

I guess Kristaps gives Boston a replacement for Horford when he retires. But otherwise I don't see how he is what the Celtics need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
If KP is anywhere as disappointing as he was in Dallas, he's going to be slandered to hell and back in Boston

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

If KP is anywhere as disappointing as he was in Dallas, he's going to be slandered to hell and back in Boston

Naw something tells me bostons going to love him

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lmao soooo gritty and cerebral (like that fawkin guy from good will hunting)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Paul Zuvella posted:

yeah yeah just wait until he doesn't get any rebounds and he's taking 15 foot fadeaways over kyle lowry

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

snyprmag posted:

I guess Kristaps gives Boston a replacement for Horford when he retires. But otherwise I don't see how he is what the Celtics need.

Shot blocking and good outside shooting from a big which they don't have besides Tatum

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Silly trade muscala better

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
All 3 centers are only play 20 minutes a night.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Chris Finch posted:

All 3 centers are only play 40 minutes a night.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'd rather have Brogdon than Porizingis although I guess Boston doesn't actually need a point guard since Tatum/Brown/Smart handle hte ball 90% of the time anyway.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Paul Zuvella posted:

Does Boston have a history of liking euro guys? Or just white amerikkkans?

Can an old head tell me how they liked dino radja?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

snyprmag posted:

I think it makes sense if you think about a Boston roster that's going to win the East and play against Denver in the Finals. You have to be an enormous team to match up vs MPJ/Gordon/Jokic in the front court, and Tatum/KP/Robert Williams does that. It lets Boston put KP on Jokic and have Williams roam weakside off AG.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Rick posted:

I'd rather have Brogdon than Porizingis although I guess Boston doesn't actually need a point guard since Tatum/Brown/Smart handle hte ball 90% of the time anyway.

I think they’d be better off with a real point guard. Those dudes looked lost vs Miami at times

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

kingcobweb posted:

I think it makes sense if you think about a Boston roster that's going to win the East and play against Denver in the Finals. You have to be an enormous team to match up vs MPJ/Gordon/Jokic in the front court, and Tatum/KP/Robert Williams does that. It lets Boston put KP on Jokic and have Williams roam weakside off AG.

We’re worried about Kristaps Porzingis’s defense this series

- no coach ever

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

snyprmag posted:

Boston needs an upgrade in the front court. But I don't know what a 3rd injury prone center is going to do.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kristaps is good at basketball. He's not the ball handling/rim protecting loving dynamo he was in NY before the injuries. But he's good and gives them a big body if they make the finals against Denver.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671619514021052417

Picks

Also is Anjali Ranadivé the first professional pop star to GM a women's basketball team?

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I guess I kinda feel like you can acquire some additional frontcourt size without dropping $36M for probably <60 games of KP

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think Clippers are getting rid of Kawhi's friends to put fear into his heart.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I was going to ask some kind of snarky question about the Clippers and why they think they need Brogdon but then I looked him up and he shot 44% from 3 last year? I guess I'm fine giving him 25 minutes a game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I remain convinced that having Malcolm Brogdon come off the bench was cheating and the league forced the Celtics to make this trade because of that

edit: I should note that it doesn’t actually break any official rules, it just feels like cheating, especially since it’s the Celtics

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It should be illegal for them to force Smart on that many NBA viewers, he should be arrested every time he shoots a 3

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think Clippers are getting rid of Kawhi's friends to put fear into his heart.
He should return to Toronto, where the whole city is his friend.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
For a second I thought that meant the Lakers traded for Brogdon

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

If they're extending porzingis makes you wonder what their long term plans are with Brown, how would they afford to supermax him?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Jackie D posted:

If they're extending porzingis makes you wonder what their long term plans are with Brown, how would they afford to supermax him?
There's a rumor about brown but I don't believe it.
Regardless, its doesn't really matter right now but will in 2 years. JT hasn't kicked in yet and brown wouldn't kick in until 24 I think. They could wait until 24 before even signing Brown.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Brown clearly doesnt want to be in Boston

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm sure this time putting a small, offensive minded guard next to Dame will work well and lead to success

So, Scoot is a solid defender, like all rookies will probably struggle, but dude has some defensive instincts.

Problem is, that yeah, you are only going to be able to put him on other guards.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait does this mean the Clippers are giving up on Chris Paul (meaning he either stays in Washington or becomes a Laker, certainly)?

Everything about this is kind of weird, especially with the Paul George rumors on top of it.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait does this mean the Clippers are giving up on Chris Paul (meaning he either stays in Washington or becomes a Laker, certainly)?

Everything about this is kind of weird, especially with the Paul George rumors on top of it.
counterpoint: Steve Ballmer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Probably but if Clippers really want Paul they can toss another couple logs (expiring-next-year buy-outable contracts) on the fire since this deal isn’t done yet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Kristaps is good at basketball. He's not the ball handling/rim protecting loving dynamo he was in NY before the injuries. But he's good and gives them a big body if they make the finals against Denver.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671619514021052417

Picks

Also is Anjali Ranadivé the first professional pop star to GM a women's basketball team?

I think Porizingis is still good but my worry about him is that he has gotten very slow. Boston went out in transition the second most often in playoffs so I'm not sure how he works with that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1671648310350815232

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Porzingis doesn’t really seem to be the answer to Boston’s problems, especially with the stagnant iso ball they over-relied on in the playoffs. On the other hand, I like him so whatever.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
So where is Kuzma going?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
This reminded me of a Dungeon World character I never got to play.

The DM let me place the “huge” and “versatile” tags on my character’s fists, making them super strong and giving me extra range.

I described the character as being the size of a power forward with hands twice the size of a normal NBA player’s. Basically Lebron with snow shovel sized hands.

RIP, The Mustachioed Man-Handler.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Brad Stevens has earned the benefit of the doubt but yeah, this doesn't thrill me.

This does mean derrick white will get more minutes which I am all about.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Brad Stevens has earned the benefit of the doubt but yeah, this doesn't thrill me.

This does mean derrick white will get more minutes which I am all about.

Please no!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zei gezunt

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
This seems like a gamble, the dunks and highlights are great but it seems like he's had opportunities to become more than that everywhere he's been and it hasn't really clicked. Undersized for frontcourt + not a lockdown perimeter defender + cannot hit consistently from distance = :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1671705108906688513?s=46&t=OKIxd30gCZQbyYjeO-G3gw

Well there’s that. Boring.