Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Zotix posted:

Thank you for your valuable input. I do appreciate Mr. level 45's take on how others should play a game, or spend their time. I do apologize I'm not a fulltime SA poster. I had 200 hours in 3 weeks playing a game, not posting on an internet forum.

sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I get it tho I mean I've been no lifing this and I'm only level 81.5, haven't even tried all the builds I want to (and the patch around the corner) so I'm not sure what the allure of seasonal is tbh

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
is this a "mind break" hentai but irl

has he fallen for Stux? is he tsundere?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'll bet he keeps playing this game even though he keeps saying it's bad and posts himself into a hole deeper and deeper.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

WarEternal posted:

The amount of confusion over seasons for 'average' gamers right now is very, very nonsensical and funny.

It's because there is a large amount of people coming from other genre's where seasons are progression based, and do not realize that ARPG seasons are fresh start based. Much of the blame is on Blizzard though to be honest. They've been very tight lipped on a lot of Diablo 4's development. Most people didn't even realize D4 was much like Lost Ark going into the first beta weekend. The dev team commenting last Friday about how much of the player base was still in the campaign, and thinking those same people are going to want to go through renown over and over, I think are severely out of touch.

It's one thing to blast a campaign, and start interacting with end-game systems, it's another to get bogged down collecting collectables and doing side quests for player power.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jaytan posted:

You seem to be struggling with borderline compulsive behavior, and are melting down on an Internet forum. Keep posting how your life is great and your social life is amazing because your post history in this thread sends a clear message otherwise. I sincerely hope things turn around you.

You're weird, you're the one going through people's post history lmao.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Zotix posted:

I know you're memeing, but many people will play a bad or mediocre game far longer with a group of friends than they would solo, just because of the social aspect. Most Goons aren't social people so I get that it's a hard concept for some to understand.

I was actually being serious. There isn't enough at the end game. The social aspects are weak even when trying to play with my irl friends. Season 1 needed to launch at release instead of being two months later.

I'm still playing because I like to complete games once I start them. And what the gently caress else am I going to do until the next Hunt: Showdown event starts?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

flashman posted:

I get it tho I mean I've been no lifing this and I'm only level 81.5, haven't even tried all the builds I want to (and the patch around the corner) so I'm not sure what the allure of seasonal is tbh

Something to make the game actual worthwhile to play and fun, a season mechanic of some sort. Probably why the base game feels so undercooked.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003
The PVP zones I guess are split between WT3 and WT4 right? But there's nothing stopping a level 100 guy from going down to WT3 and cleaning up in the PVP zone there?
I guess rogue is the best PVP class? I did some decent work in there with my barb using leap and stomp but I'm thinking putting a party together to get one of those sweaty mounts. I don't want to grind for those tears fair and square.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think D4 does have some issues and it's weird to pretend it's a perfect 10/10 goty when it isn't. But I think most of these issues are fixable and I'm personally just waiting for s1 to start now instead of burning myself out grinding levels on a character that won't matter once that starts anyway.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That little red arrow is Zotix and it's a million Elite Stux mobs surrounding him

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

There's not really a "best" class for pvp since it's just rocket tag and you'll insta-kill anyone you catch in the zone that isn't prepared. Think of an approach you want to take and a class that has some synergy with it. If you want to stack a billion thorns and tank stats, grab Barb or Druid. If you want to shoot dudes at range and use your favorite CDs to do it, play Rogue/Sorc/Necro normally and pretend the players are elites.

Rogue would have a short term stealth and huge mobility, Sorc/Necro have literal invulns, etc.

Clocks posted:

I think D4 does have some issues and it's weird to pretend it's a perfect 10/10 goty when it isn't.

Nobody claims it is 10/10. It's a 7-8/10 (goes lower if you hate the campaign, etc) but also a monstrous 8-9/10 compared to the average arpg release which is done by a small indie studio on 1/100th of the budget and 1/20th the polish.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

That little red arrow is Zotix and it's a million Elite Stux mobs surrounding him

I do think a level 100 druid beats 25 level 59 mobs.

Also Stux doesn't use dark mode, so he's automatically losing.

Mata
Dec 23, 2003

I got this one too but it was so jampacked it was impossible to get the shrine. I figured out though if you mount and dismount you can push your way through the crowd...

Doomykins posted:

There's not really a "best" class for pvp since it's just rocket tag and you'll insta-kill anyone you catch in the zone that isn't prepared. Think of an approach you want to take and a class that has some synergy with it. If you want to stack a billion thorns and tank stats, grab Barb or Druid. If you want to shoot dudes at range and use your favorite CDs to do it, play Rogue/Sorc/Necro normally and pretend the players are elites.

Rogue would have a short term stealth and huge mobility, Sorc/Necro have literal invulns, etc.

Yeah I guess, in my limited experience even if you get the drop on someone it can go either way because how unprepared are you really gonna be in the pvp zone? But yeah if they just blew all their cooldowns fighting someone else then it's an ez own.

Mata fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 21, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There’s nothing wrong with playing a lot of a game and having your opinion of it change over time, or with changes brought by a patch or something else.

That being said, please take a long break from both the game and posting.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Should I socket items as I’m leveling or just save the gems?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Socket if you think about it, but the difference is marginal (in my minimal experience). Dont worry about saving gems until wt3 and even then it’s debatable

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Noam Chomsky posted:

You don't lose gems by socketing them so why wait?

You'll only lose them if you vendor something with gems in it; salvaging will auto-unsocket and you can just manually unsocket at the jeweler.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there anything else that can drop while leveling that I should throw in my stash? There's some kind of system to move enchantments around or something?

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Zotix posted:

You're weird, you're the one going through people's post history lmao.

I’m just talking about the last ten or so pages of this thread where you’ve been progressively melting down. Idc where else you post.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there anything else that can drop while leveling that I should throw in my stash? There's some kind of system to move enchantments around or something?

I think generally storing aspects is a trap. It’s nice to have back ups of things you are using. You will run out of space trying to store everything good you find, and it’s awful to sort through.

Jaytan fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 21, 2023

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Noam Chomsky posted:

It’s free to remove gems from sockets there is no reason to not use them.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Lister posted:

Zotix is right. Do you guys realize how many people put hundreds of hours into poo poo like New World despite it being garbage and having a weak endgame? It took months for those people to eventually quit and move on.

NW's combat was really cool and felt like it had a lot of potential its a shame it was 5 mobs and 3 quests for the entirety of the game. That game could have used another year or three to be complete.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Grab your legendaries/oranges and throw them into your stash if they have an affix at the bottom that seems useful, or if it doesn't seem useful, you'll need a ton of them later on and it's not bad to hoard them until you know what you're supposed to do with them.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jaytan posted:

I think generally storing aspects is a trap. It’s nice to have back ups of things you are using. You will run out of space trying to store everything good you find, and it’s awful to sort through.

Aspects are orange abilities on legendaries, I'm guessing?

e: ill google it, i just realized I'm being lazy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jaytan posted:

It’s free to remove gems from sockets there is no reason to not use them.

It's not but it's basically free.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

big cummers ONLY posted:

You can extract abilities from legendary gear in the form of aspects. It's not very cost intensive, so if you have a legendary you really like, you can keep it going by imprinting it on a higher level item. You're not gonna be using the aspects you get while leveling on endgame stuff, so feel free to play around with them, stick 'em on fun gear and so on.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

quote:

It is a shame that players must restrict what they hold on to in an ARPG in 2023 because the development team has made some awful QoL decisions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

faantastic posted:

Grab your legendaries/oranges and throw them into your stash if they have an affix at the bottom that seems useful, or if it doesn't seem useful, you'll need a ton of them later on and it's not bad to hoard them until you know what you're supposed to do with them.

Eh. That might be true for ancestral aspects, but you really shouldn't hoard mundane aspects. It's more effective to use matching classes and it's better to cultivate a mentality of experimentation.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

WarEternal posted:

Something to make the game actual worthwhile to play and fun, a season mechanic of some sort. Probably why the base game feels so undercooked.

I can see it if there's big xp boosts and a new world tier or what have you to ease this 70+ grind I guess. I think I'll have to just wait and see what it's all about. Wish I didn't buy the ultimate edition or w.e without seeing what it was first lol.

Anyone have any luck making a pure meteor build? I'm thinking lucky hit, meteorites for meteor and inferno, boots with three evade charges and use teleport and meteor enchants, plus the stuff you always need as sorc anyway. My biggest concern is vulnerable application though, maybe three points in ice shards could be an answer but it's not that elegant.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Mata posted:

The PVP zones I guess are split between WT3 and WT4 right? But there's nothing stopping a level 100 guy from going down to WT3 and cleaning up in the PVP zone there?
I guess rogue is the best PVP class? I did some decent work in there with my barb using leap and stomp but I'm thinking putting a party together to get one of those sweaty mounts. I don't want to grind for those tears fair and square.

There's some debuff that gets put on you if you enter lower tiers as a high level. I don't know what the conditions are exactly, but it got put on me as a bug in WT4 and it was a huge nerf as I tried fighting mobs there.

As for best pvp class? In my experience, barb seems to be doing the best. They can stack thorns better than any other class which might be the best build for pvp. One druid I encountered had a lightning storm that just melted everybody. I do really well personally as a rogue with rapid fire, cold imbue, and shadow clone. No matter what, you need to spec somewhat for it and have key affixes like the one that gives you barrier when you damage an elite. (players are considered elites for all abilities and modifiers)

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I still haven't found a better than min roll prodigy aspect and its really annoying.

My sorc still pretty much has 0 mana problems, but its the principle of the thing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Zotix posted:

Mmm hmm. As I said, I tested a game. The systems aren't there. Your point?

With goons it's always something. If I said the game had issues people would be like nun uh you aren't high enough to know it. Then when you provide evidence, it's moving of the goalposts. Who gives a gently caress if I played 160 hours over 3 weeks? I have a great job, a great life, and I'm having fun. Don't like the fact others can game more than you? Do better at life bro.

The subreddits(oh wait reddit is trash, and 95% of goons don't go to reddit)are literally littered with the same complaints. It's now that the second wave of players are hitting end game and realizing the game is half baked.

It's the same poo poo we saw in the MMO years with Conan rift archage, Swtor, etc. All of the development went into the first 50 hours and anything after that is barely there or not there at all.

I'm having a great day, thanks for your concern. Good luck on your loot adventures.

:kstare: lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Haveing a normal one 🙂

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Zotix posted:

It is a shame that players must restrict what they hold on to in an ARPG in 2023 because the development team has made some awful QoL decisions.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This criticism is valid, but I think it points more to an issue with the hoarding mentality that harvesting legendaries encourages. It’s hard for me to imagine them putting the toothpaste back in the tube on this one so I think the best choice is to just expand the codex with every aspect you’ve seen, and let players keep spares there. For me the most pain when I was hoarding aspects was it was really hard to even identify what I already had.

Having an in game reference for all aspects available, as well as a repository for the ones you’ve collected would be a big qol improvement.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Magus42 posted:

You don't lose gems by socketing them so why wait?

You'll only lose them if you vendor something with gems in it; salvaging will auto-unsocket and you can just manually unsocket at the jeweler.

Just found that out. Thanks!

Also should I salvage legendaries or is there some reason to save them?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

Just found that out. Thanks!

Also should I salvage legendaries or is there some reason to save them?

Extract high-roll aspects you might want to use later (but don't extract just for the sake of it), salvage old stuff. No reason to save things that deprecate in power.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On aspects: do they have a set item power? Like if I find an aspect that rolled near max at level 40 or so and extract it, will it stay at its level 40 numbers or will it match the level of the item it's eventually imprinted on?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Black Griffon posted:

Extract high-roll aspects you might want to use later (but don't extract just for the sake of it), salvage old stuff. No reason to save things that deprecate in power.

Don't extract, just stick the legendary in your stash - it takes up a slot either way but you save the extract cost if you end up finding a better roll before you use it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Ones you rip off gear are locked at that level. Ones in the codex will always be a bottom roll but will scale to some approximation of your player level.

Certain stuff is just a yes/no toggle or a single fixed percentage for the entire scale of the item so certain perfect rolls at low levels will be worth it to extract, but others might roll a 10-20% range at low levels and then scale to 15-25% rolls higher up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

On aspects: do they have a set item power? Like if I find an aspect that rolled near max at level 40 or so and extract it, will it stay at its level 40 numbers or will it match the level of the item it's eventually imprinted on?

If you find an aspect it will extract at that power. I.e. 10-40 and you find a 37, you'll extract a 37.

If you pull it from the book on a 10-40 you'll always get the 10. Finding items has greater value, the codex guarantees you have access to it if your build wants it to function.