Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010
e: quote not edit

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'd watch this movie

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

What if instead of ocean water, it is instead filled with piss?

Holey ship pisssssssssssssss

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

ThinkTank posted:

A successful trip costs $250,000 to get into that thing and descend for three hours before the stupid thing stumbles around in the dark for a few more hours with a roughly 25% success rate of actually finding the Titanic and even when they do you only get to spend 30 minutes looking at it, then you enjoy the next three hours surfacing.

And that's only if there ain't someone on the shitter!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

That’s like some Shining level poo poo.

The malevolent ghosts of the Titanic calling descendants back to the wreckage to die. But making them poo poo in a bucket for three days first.

Well, in-laws of their descendants.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

The malevolent ghosts of the Titanic calling descendants back to the wreckage to die. But making them poo poo in a bucket for three days first.

Ya I was thinking it could be the plot of Stephen King novel.

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Boat Stuck posted:

How many layers of irony is this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/21/us/wendy-stockton-rush-titanic-missing-submersible.html

June 21, 2023, 5:56 p.m. ET

Anushka Patil

The submersible pilot’s spouse is descended from a famous couple who died on the Titanic.

Wendy Rush, the wife of Stockton Rush, the OceanGate chief executive who was piloting the submersible that disappeared Sunday during a dive to the Titanic wreckage, is a descendant of two first-class passengers who died when the ocean liner sank in 1912, archival records show.

Ms. Rush is a great-great-granddaughter of the retailing magnate Isidor Straus and his wife, Ida, two of the wealthiest people aboard the Titanic for its first voyage. Mr. Straus, born in 1845, was a co-owner of Macy’s department store.

Ms. Rush, born Wendy Hollings Weil, married Stockton Rush in 1986, according to a New York Times wedding announcement. Her LinkedIn page says that she has participated in three OceanGate expeditions to the Titanic wreckage in the last two years; that she serves as the company’s communications director; and that she is a longtime board member of the company’s charitable foundation.

Ms. Rush could not immediately be reached for comment for this item.
Their story on the Titanic was so heartbreaking :(

quote:

According to friend and Titanic survivor Colonel Archibald Gracie IV, when he offered to ask an officer if Isidor could enter a lifeboat with Ida, Isidor refused to be made an exception while women and children were still on board, while Ida is reported to have said, "I will not be separated from my husband. As we have lived, so will we die, together." Ida gave her maid her fur coat and insisted she get into a lifeboat. Isidor and Ida were last seen on deck arm in arm; eyewitnesses described the scene as a "most remarkable exhibition of love and devotion".

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Suffering through the worst loss ever

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Hazo posted:

Don't forget that video of him doing some promo piece where the interviewer is like "The people who designed the Titanic thought it was invincible too" and he goes, "Sure, but we're so smart that we're super duper sure OUR submersible is ACTUALLY invincible!"

C'mon, at that point you're just daring Poseidon to do something.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Log082 posted:

C'mon, at that point you're just daring Poseidon to do something.

This one

https://twitter.com/PepperoniDave/status/1671170170029764608

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
If I were wealthy I could see myself carefully building up the ugliest sea monster of a poo poo for the end of the descent just to ruin the trip for everyone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Has anyone checked Mt. Olympus lately? Because this is hubris so strong it might singlehandedly revive the Greek Gods.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao just 100% hubris. gently caress anyone thats sympathetic to this idiot

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

that's cool about the wife being related to the Strauss couple, they're pretty well known

i went to a dinner theater titanic thing in orlando for friend's parent's birthday before the pandemic, with a bunch of actors all playing real people aboard the titanic with many replica rooms and sets built out that they brought you through during the course of the evening

they had actors playing those two, and one of the scenes was them deciding to go down with the ship together, and give up her spot on a lifeboat

i thought that the event would be a pretty lame going in, but it was actually really cool

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 22, 2023

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/liftedvoices/status/1671651963748925440?s=46&t=4iIX6rTWp5e8RowJYtsUag

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Space Kablooey posted:

lmao just 100% hubris. gently caress anyone thats sympathetic to this idiot

i mean he might be correct, it might not have pancaked, giving them one of the few merciful deaths available to them

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Personally I find it reassuring the ghosts have a sense of humor.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Me right now:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Boat Stuck posted:

How many layers of irony is this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/21/us/wendy-stockton-rush-titanic-missing-submersible.html

June 21, 2023, 5:56 p.m. ET

Anushka Patil

The submersible pilot’s spouse is descended from a famous couple who died on the Titanic.

Wendy Rush, the wife of Stockton Rush, the OceanGate chief executive who was piloting the submersible that disappeared Sunday during a dive to the Titanic wreckage, is a descendant of two first-class passengers who died when the ocean liner sank in 1912, archival records show.

Ms. Rush is a great-great-granddaughter of the retailing magnate Isidor Straus and his wife, Ida, two of the wealthiest people aboard the Titanic for its first voyage. Mr. Straus, born in 1845, was a co-owner of Macy’s department store.

Ms. Rush, born Wendy Hollings Weil, married Stockton Rush in 1986, according to a New York Times wedding announcement. Her LinkedIn page says that she has participated in three OceanGate expeditions to the Titanic wreckage in the last two years; that she serves as the company’s communications director; and that she is a longtime board member of the company’s charitable foundation.

Ms. Rush could not immediately be reached for comment for this item.

Ms. Ms. Ms.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

quote:

Ms. Rush could not immediately be reached for comment for this item

Why not

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, in-laws of their descendants.

Maybe her ancestors are trying to help her by killing her whackadoo husband before more of her inheritance is wasted on underwater coffins?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

ThinkTank posted:

A successful trip costs $250,000 to get into that thing and descend for three hours before the stupid thing stumbles around in the dark for a few more hours with a roughly 25% success rate of actually finding the Titanic and even when they do you only get to spend 30 minutes looking at it, then you enjoy the next three hours surfacing.

Is the $250,000 a flat rate?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao owned

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I want to hear more about the person who took a look at the sub and demanded their money back and didn't go because that person has to feel like an absolute king of Good Decisions right now

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Further Reading posted:

Maybe her ancestors are trying to help her by killing her whackadoo husband before more of her inheritance is wasted on underwater coffins?

I swear I read a short story like this.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

kiimo posted:

I want to hear more about the person who took a look at the sub and demanded their money back and didn't go because that person has to feel like an absolute king of Good Decisions right now

Same

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

It is now *crunch*

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

well it's pretty flat right now

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
So people that have been in the fart-tube said it was cold. What's the chance this went to poo poo because the CEO got hypothermia in the 2 hours leading up to whatever happened?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

From what I hear it's a rather high-pressure sale.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sydin posted:

From what I hear it's a rather high-pressure sale.

Right up to the point the business collapsed.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Rich landlords having their power unexpectedly go out in a small, cramped, overpriced space with a bunch of rear end in a top hat roommates

Makes you think

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Right up to the point the business collapsed.

Lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just found the submarine but I'm not telling anybody where it is

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Ja1Lgo/

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Father Ted lookin MF

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh wow. CNN saying they found them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My fave meme ever needs an update

it’s not a meme, it’s a the onion. jeez, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just keeding. They’re goo