Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Testing

Edit. It worked! Thanks Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The new SpankyKong theme is phenomenal.
Thank you so much for this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just wanted to pop in to show my appreciation for the app and the new update. Works great.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Is there no option for a 12-hr. clock?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

...! posted:

Learn how to subtract two in your head and now you have a 12-hr clock. :v:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

...! posted:

do you have the option set in your user options in the user control panel here on SA?

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

commie kong posted:

3) Page selector causing crashes. Is this only in iOS 14? I'll take a look at that, but I haven't seen it myself and it didn't come up during beta. An app delete+reinstall or an iOS upgrade may help. If anyone is seeing this on another iOS version, please let me know.

Happening here on 15.7.5, fwiw

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I’m on 16.3.1 and it’s not happening for me.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

...! posted:

mine shows a 12 hour clock. works on my machine

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

btw if you have a saved draft and you quote something it replaces the draft; could it add the quote to the beginning or end instead?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Don’t know what you’ve done but having the app randomly turn my phone into a vibrating dildo simulator is suitably goonish

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

This new update is very nice, thank you

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Thanks for the free mustard packets with this update!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I miss the "end of thread" marker for when you load something with few enough (unread) posts that it's got a large gap under it, especially on ipad, so now I have to actually look at the page counter to see if I should pull to advance or not.

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

...! posted:

The post timestamps are now plain strings from the forums to allow SA to change them however they want and have them be reflected in the app. So you can adjust the format in the site options using a browser. I'd like to allow editing those from the app someday

power crystals posted:

I miss the "end of thread" marker for when you load something with few enough (unread) posts that it's got a large gap under it, especially on ipad, so now I have to actually look at the page counter to see if I should pull to advance or not.

You can turn off the frog and ghost with an app setting and it will work as it did before

E: We'll maybe not exactly as before with the extra space. And there's a colour issue on spankykong light theme sigh. Adding to the list

commie kong fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 21, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just saw my first twitter ghost. I enjoy that little guy.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Feedback: I think the three dot context menu for doing stuff to posts has changed. It’s kind of weird that quote isn’t the first option for posts that aren’t yours (or edit for ones that are), since that’s presumably the most common thing in the menu.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

commie kong posted:

The post timestamps are now plain strings from the forums to allow SA to change them however they want and have them be reflected in the app. So you can adjust the format in the site options using a browser. I'd like to allow editing those from the app someday

You can turn off the frog and ghost with an app setting and it will work as it did before

E: We'll maybe not exactly as before with the extra space. And there's a colour issue on spankykong light theme sigh. Adding to the list

Huh. I could have sworn I had the site's control panel set to 12 hours but apparently I did not!

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

commie kong posted:

But what if I want the frog and the end of thread text :saddowns:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Not going to lie losing the direct-upload from my phone is irritating as I usually browse SA from the app. I do have the Imgur app but copying the image URL directly from it is a PITA.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Would something like imgbb not be a good alternative?

https://api.imgbb.com

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Regarding the shortcut to upload to imgur, is this still the best way to set that up?

Warbird posted:

Here ya go OP:

Works as well as you could hope, isn’t bound by the app’s API limits, won’t result in your pig testicle photos getting purged*.

*Maybe.

Also, I thought part of the rational behind removing the direct img-to-imgur as it was in the old app was due to imgur's rules changing and all the nonsense related to that, since those links now may die much quicker than in the past. I don't know if there's a better alternative to imgur that's available/preferred at the moment.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Not going to lie losing the direct-upload from my phone is irritating as I usually browse SA from the app. I do have the Imgur app but copying the image URL directly from it is a PITA.

loving this.

Why the gently caress is this broken?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

testtubebaby posted:

loving this.

Settle down, Beavis

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Tenkaris posted:

Settle down, Beavis

No

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Well okay then the answers to your questions are in the thread, go find them yourself lol

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Drat! I was hoping this update would solve my recent mysterious development of thread title disappearing when the app gets backgrounded. When I bring the app back, the title area is just blank and stays that way until I change threads. This happening to anyone else? I am on iPadOS 16.5 on an 11” iPad Pro running in locked landscape orientation.

Anyway, as bugs go it’s fairly minor. Appreciate the work dev goons!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

testtubebaby posted:

loving this.

Literally, without exaggeration, the post above yours. Please try.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lordshmee posted:

Drat! I was hoping this update would solve my recent mysterious development of thread title disappearing when the app gets backgrounded. When I bring the app back, the title area is just blank and stays that way until I change threads. This happening to anyone else? I am on iPadOS 16.5 on an 11” iPad Pro running in locked landscape orientation.

Anyway, as bugs go it’s fairly minor. Appreciate the work dev goons!

It happens to me all the time and my suspicion is that it’s related to the fact that it’s dynamically set on the WebView on initial load but for some reason not on context restore. I wonder if emitting the thread title in the HTML template instead of poking via JS would remedy it.

gently caress it, I’m buying a mini.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hello people of code

thank you for your work on this fine app

submit post

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

It happens to me all the time and my suspicion is that it’s related to the fact that it’s dynamically set on the WebView on initial load but for some reason not on context restore. I wonder if emitting the thread title in the HTML template instead of poking via JS would remedy it.

I used to see this issue on my bigphone but it went away for me after one of the major iOS updates. The thread title is pulled from the coredata object for the thread (same as the title in the hamburger menu) so I don't think html/js is involved.

I think it might be a UIKit problem

Subjunctive posted:

gently caress it, I’m buying a mini.

:rms:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

If my wife asks, you forced me.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Thanks so much for the update and improvements!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Had to disable the ghost, every time it showed up I’d get a lot of slowdown. :(

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I figured out how to post images from Imgur (I have an account there)

You just have to fiddle with the url imgur gives you for your image

Think I just had to changed the URL tags to TIMG

So if I have uploaded images on my account there my images will continue to load in SA?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

testtubebaby posted:

loving this.

blame imgur.

also, there was a forums announcement regarding the changes imgur was making and the massive archiving project that was done to save imgur images before they were potentially deleted.

oh, and news articles. https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/8/23713128/something-awful-imgur-download-caper-digital-preservation-photo-hosting

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new hamburger menu on posts is loving with my muscle memory :redass:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Im missing swipe left to Unbookmark from the bookmarks page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

New release and themes kick rear end, thanks much.