Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

What was the post?

Grey Cat posted:

All the software is running standard windows.

Windows Vista, the modern standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Wee posted:

So if they happened to surface it would be uncontrolled and it would kill them, right?

And even if they survived the ascent and were on the surface of the water they still only have x amount of oxygen because they cant open a hatch or anything.

If its pressurized then rapid ascent is ok iirc

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

the farts per hour

:lol:

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Vapor Moon posted:

What was the post?

Explaining why he has an N-word pass.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Vapor Moon posted:

What was the post?

literally the n word

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

Lolie posted:

It was clearly a shark.

My money is on cookie cutter shark.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

Running list of red flags:
- Carbon fiber hull
- porthole that was only rated to 1400m
- bolted from the outside
- construction pipe ballast hanging on s hooks
- rock the boat ballast release system
- Logitech controller
- insufficient oxygen scrubbers
- bed pan
- electronics system randomly resetting
- uncomfortable seating arrangement

Anything else?

CEO thinks safety is a waste and stifles innovation.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Do you guys think the farts per hour are inhibiting the ability for the sub to scrub oxygen

if they are the kind of farrts i get while suckin and fuckin then yes

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!
If they're legitimate farts, the CO2 scrubbers have a way of shutting that down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they delved too deeply...too greedily...
https://i.imgur.com/4cRfO1o.mp4

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
is there a video of something at that depth or near that depth imploding instantly? i kinda wanna see it (no death footage though). similar to that crab getting sucked into the pipe thing, but like, an actual object or sub

thehandtruck fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 22, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Further Reading posted:

Not even why, just, "I'm a rich white boy, very thug, I say Nword with the ER cause I roll like that". hardly paraphrasing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
"We cannot get out. We cannot get out...The Watcher in the Water took Nargeolet. We cannot get out. The end comes...drums, drums in the deep."
-Found scrawled in feces on the wall of the sub

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

drunkb posted:

In retrospect no goon has ever touched a woman. I think you might to be on to something

I wipe my vag on trees like a bear so I don't be gay.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

thehandtruck posted:

is there a video of someone at that depth or near that depth imploding instantly? i kinda wanna see it (no death footage though). similar to that crab getting sucked into the pipe thing, but like, an actual object or sub

It'd kinda look like this but times about 45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Das Boo posted:

I wipe my vag on trees like a bear so I don't be gay.

Personal hygiene is homoerotic if you touch yourself for more than 3 seconds.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

You know what? That company that made the front window, which they said was good to 1300 meters, they make a good product. It made 5 dives to 4000 meters before possibly blowing out and killing everyone, that's like a 3x safety factor

Holy poo poo, yeah! Nice loving window!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

thehandtruck posted:

is there a video of something at that depth or near that depth imploding instantly? i kinda wanna see it (no death footage though). similar to that crab getting sucked into the pipe thing, but like, an actual object or sub

I don't think it was at instant paste depth, but the Mythbusters recreated the sudden pressure difference with a pig carcass in a diving suit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEY3fN4N3D8&t=1s

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

thehandtruck posted:

I dont get it. Do you wanna see someone get turned into soup or not?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Buddy by hour two I'd have everyone else on the sub dead and ready for eating. Pre-emptive cannibalist self defense baby it's the prisoners dilemma and I'm going wild on that betray button. Nobody's eating this dude

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

thehandtruck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Here is an implosion of a rail tanker car

This is a fraction of the pressure differential the sub was experiencing

E: drat beaten

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There is a possibility that they made it down to the Titanic and got stuck on the ship and can't surface because the Submersible was designed poorly. Assuming that's the case, and someone decides to send down a robot to find them, will anyone bother to bring the bodies back to the surface? Seems like a risky waste of time.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

thehandtruck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxhkFyU8NXo&t=191s

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I found a pic of the sub after the implosion

(Goo and poo not pictured)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

thehandtruck posted:

Edit: whoops

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 22, 2023

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

daslog posted:

There is a possibility that they made it down to the Titanic and got stuck on the ship and can't surface because the Submersible was designed poorly. Assuming that's the case, and someone decides to send down a robot to find them, will anyone bother to bring the bodies back to the surface? Seems like a risky waste of time.

Ghost captain cackles.. three more, hehehhehhhheh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Purchase posted:

if we do manage to regain contact during their final hours of oxygen, we can at least use what limited texting bandwidth there is to send the internet's sickest burns

I think you underestimate the pettiness of billionaires

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wee posted:

So if they happened to surface it would be uncontrolled and it would kill them, right?

A controlled ascent is 8 or so hours?

And even if they survived the ascent and were on the surface of the water they still only have x amount of oxygen because they cant open a hatch or anything.

Inside a sub you are living at the same pressure as you do on the surface so there is no requirement to decompress or ascend slowly as a diver would.

The whole point of a sub having a super strong hull is to hold up against the enormous pressure difference between the surrounding environment (hundreds of atmospheres at Titanic depth) and the environment inside the sub (1 atmosphere, same as you and me).

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Steve Yun posted:

Not a structure being crushed but here a circular saw is cutting a hole in a pipe. The pressure differential between the water and the inside of the pipe is so vast that the crab gets sucked completely in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgKxWlTt8A

Like... did you read the post you quoted

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wrong thread

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
If they put in the Konami code they can get more air.

So realistically, it imploded. The talking heads are talking around it. One guy on CNN said he wasnt concerned about the porthole window because it was successful before.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

so is the media in a frenzy about this because the guy is a billionaire, I'm trying to understand where the fascination is coming from

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so is the media in a frenzy about this because the guy is a billionaire, I'm trying to understand where the fascination is coming from

Im pretty sure thats more the icing on the cake and the coverage would have been the same if it was just some fat family from Iowa stuck down there. Its more the situation itself that is the spectacle.

Remember Balloon Boy?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

lol, logitech really did take a dip at the same time the sub went missing :tinfoil:

Which is odd, since sales (especially of that particular controller) are up.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I'm sure that adds some spice to it but nah, the media loves stories like this no matter what.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Further Reading posted:

:stare:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/StacyCaySlays/status/1671569897355083777 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Im pretty sure thats more the icing on the cake and the coverage would have been the same if it was just some fat family from Iowa stuck down there. Its more the situation itself that is the spectacle.

Remember Balloon Boy?

If there was ever a reason for an F-22 to shoot down a baloon.