Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'm wondering the personalities of the people in the sub, do you think there's somebody in there trying to like Mumble a song to themselves to cope all other person just freaks out as the captain's trying to put the batteries in the controller and out of the controller and back and forth either they're on the loving ocean floor

Or do you think it went full instant Lord of the flies and the captain just killed everyone inside of the vessel to give himself food and oxygen because he went one too many on the alpha male books

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Droogie posted:

I refuse to let a machine make my job obsolete
Trouble finding the man in the boat too huh....

Ironic really. I hear he's a bit of a twat.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Honestly I'm hoping the captain just murdered everyone so we can see right-wing Twitter arguing whether or not it was justified

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Dora's crab food. Tell your kids!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Viscous Soda posted:

Which is odd, since sales (especially of that particular controller) are up.

Must be trading bots seeing Logitech and catastrophic failure on news articles.

I wouldn't be surprised but lol how stupid would that be if it was related. Sorry the 30 dollar knockoff controller from 2006 didn't pull the wildly unsafe seacoffin out of danger.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

it was a real dumb sub
and the wrong man died
the sub imploded
but the son survived

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1671549335027298308?s=20

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so is the media in a frenzy about this because the guy is a billionaire, I'm trying to understand where the fascination is coming from

as with the search and rescue, that's probably a significant factor, but this is the first (probably) all hands lost private sub disaster in, uh. Ever?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Imagine this was the day the Magic School Bus decided to miniaturize and drive along Arnold’s poopy colon, before getting expelled into the poo poo bucket and imploding

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
How you even gonna kill someone in a cramped rear end space like that

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

daslog posted:

There is a possibility that they made it down to the Titanic and got stuck on the ship and can't surface because the Submersible was designed poorly. Assuming that's the case, and someone decides to send down a robot to find them, will anyone bother to bring the bodies back to the surface? Seems like a risky waste of time.

Possibly, if the groversub got stuck in a way that a robot DSV with manipulator arms can easily free it, they'd do it just to know exactly how it happened.

But no way the bodies are ever recovered without the whole groversub being recovered.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Please let this be a normal field trip
With the Friz!?
No way!

Cruising down the sea bed
You're relaxin feelin goooood
Next thing that you know, you're seein'
nothing, the hull has pancaked

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
What if they hosed up the ballast and are stuck vertically, all the piss and poo poo and only a camping world light for a handle?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Google Jeb Bush posted:

as with the search and rescue, that's probably a significant factor, but this is the first (probably) all hands lost private sub disaster in, uh. Ever?
Also, the astonishing level of stupidity associated with the sub design.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I would say "with the controller cord," but not in this case.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Butterfly Valley posted:

And then have to look at and smell the corpse and whatever was in their intestines (more than usual) for the rest of the time.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Butterfly Valley posted:

the only available weapon is the bedpan

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I feel like killing someone in that environment would make it worse as decomp sets in fast and it fills with corpse gas which is then toxic. Definitely better off having 5 people breathing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'm wondering the personalities of the people in the sub, do you think there's somebody in there trying to like Mumble a song to themselves to cope all other person just freaks out as the captain's trying to put the batteries in the controller and out of the controller and back and forth either they're on the loving ocean floor

The captain is singing Modern Major General and trying to get the others to join in.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Grey Cat posted:

I feel like killing someone in that environment would make it worse as decomp sets in fast and it fills with corpse gas which is then toxic. Definitely better off having 5 people breathing.

You're waaay overthinking things. Also, there's no smell if you consume the victim!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zugzwang posted:

Also, the astonishing level of stupidity associated with the sub design.

I would say "with the controller cord," but not in this case.

oh yeah, if this was two cool scientists imploding in the Gabensub we'd just all be going "I'm bummed :( " rather than gawking

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm sure this has been brought up plenty of times but this brings to mind the story of a journalist getting murdered by a Musk wannabe in a submarine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kim_Wall

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Butterfly Valley posted:

“Guys I have an unusual illness. If my dick gets sucked by two billionaires at once, my heart will stop.”

“Keep going, guys. It’s getting dark I can feel myself going now!”

“I guess I was cumming instead”

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Plan R posted:

You're waaay overthinking things. Also, there's no smell if you consume the victim!

Well no that's just how I think, granted I wouldn't think of that during the panic in the situation--But I get to play armchair general right now instead of sitting at the bottom of the ocean.

naem
May 29, 2011

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
FFS the Conetticut ran into an uncharted, undersea mountain. It'll take years to repair and the entire command structure was jettisoned.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seems like they brought the wrong son on board.

Although I don't know anything about the other kid, maybe he's also a sex pest creep who would party and try to gently caress strangers to celebrate cope with his billionaire dad dying and leaving behind a huge inheritance.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Wasn't sure if this got posted yet: Submarine game spikes on Steam as search for OceanGate vessel continues

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I'm sure this has been brought up plenty of times but this brings to mind the story of a journalist getting murdered by a Musk wannabe in a submarine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kim_Wall

I might be thinking of a different submarine murder case (:shepface:) but IIRC a goon helped build that sub and posted about it a few years before it was involved with a murder

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Seems like they brought the wrong son on board.

Although I don't know anything about the other kid, maybe he's also a sex pest creep who would party and try to gently caress strangers to celebrate cope with his billionaire dad dying and leaving behind a huge inheritance.

there is a zero percent chance that his dad wasn't awful but the kid was only 19, probably wasn't himself a monster yet

so yeah, maybe Pakistani guy should have let Harding bring the weirdo instead

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grey Cat posted:

Personal hygiene is homoerotic if you touch yourself for more than 3 seconds.

you're thinking of interpersonal hygeine. bro let me brush your hair ahh yeah get those tangles out

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Grey Cat posted:

Well no that's just how I think, granted I wouldn't think of that during the panic in the situation--But I get to play armchair general right now instead of sitting at the bottom of the ocean.

armchair commodore, surely

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Grey Cat posted:

I'd prefer instant death to something like the Kursk.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Google Jeb Bush posted:

there is a zero percent chance that his dad wasn't awful but the kid was only 19, probably wasn't himself a monster yet

I knew plenty of monsters younger than 19 that should have been put in prison.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
This is all just an ARG for the upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator Rescue Operations DLC.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Fur20 posted:

you're thinking of interpersonal hygeine. bro let me brush your hair ahh yeah get those tangles out

Nothing wrong with the homies helping you out with your hair.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Has anyone shopped this into a krylon can yet?

Because it looks like a krylon can

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

He is old enough to be complicit in the evil stuff that his father was doing to pay for the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
Gotta screencap that one for the event that one of the two organisations deletes their post: