Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to scream at these idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Mad respect for anyone who can actually get the fonts to fit whenever they make edits.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I want to scream at these idiots

Screaming bird scream or a more general "what the hell is wrong with you?"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

goatface posted:

Screaming bird scream or a more general "what the hell is wrong with you?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSuiOf1eXs4

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Bardiche Hotel

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
A-chan B-ko-chan Expedition Log

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

That could have been written today.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

A lot of learning to fish stories are just the avid fisherman wondering why antagonizing his prospective partner alienates them from the hobby. It's nice to see something a little different here.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/14-16/50

Archie 8/10/47

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Children Murdering Children, Holiday Style

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UGH

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

ANSU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House continues the Major's stay-away-cation. (March 3-5, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (May 5-7, 1921)

Tonight's Toonerville installment is brought to you in part by The Literary Digest, the Napoleon Bonaparte of general interest weeklies.

Dok's Dippy Slacker (October 17, 1914)

Little Lefty (September 22-24, 1938)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

I am in this Pluggers and I don't like it

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Panel 4 there is absolutely incredible expression work, A+

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Wait - did they just push the opposing coach so hard that they started a new demons of baseball cycle?

Is Copper Ma going to come back in three years with one ear and the ability to detect a pitch by the sound of the ball moving through the air?

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Is that an artistic thing, or is Copper still standing frozen at the plate after striking out?

...Is he still going to be there tomorrow?

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Weembles posted:

Wait - did they just push the opposing coach so hard that they started a new demons of baseball cycle?

Is Copper Ma going to come back in three years with one ear and the ability to detect a pitch by the sound of the ball moving through the air?

Is Planck going to be married to Copper's now wife after he up and disappears for 3 years?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

thisusedyet posted:

Is Planck going to be married to Copper's now wife after he up and disappears for 3 years?

Copper will return and marry the sister because after so many baseballs to the face, Copper will look like Planck.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Apr 3-8, 1956)

Snoopy's starting to look a bit more familiar.

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 15-20, 1993)

Big Nate

I think I officially like Nate's teacher.

Blind Alley

Dunce

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

Feels like every couple of pages there's a "this justifies the whole effort" panel, but this? This justifies the whole effort. Thank you for doing it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Yes. Send Copper Ma to Baseball Hell Island.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Seems like Copper will have to beat himself for a while, if you know what I mean

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

[gentle music starts playing; Sebastian the crab appears]

Sebastian: [screaming into Gunther's ear] "JUST FUUUUUCK!!!"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

:stare: yeah, you seem happy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Legend of Bill

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 17, 1957)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/21/03

Brenda Starr 3/22-24/51

Smokey Stover 5/22/55

Everyday Movies 7/15/36

"No olives, thanks. My husband had one in Boston once, and he didn't like it."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 9/18-20/41

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Since I had to look it up, I'll share. The Goya being referenced is "Duel with Cudgels", one of his black paintings which were painted directly onto the wall of his house. That series is depressing and weird, but it's possible that they were not originally sunk knee-deep in mud. Early reports said they were standing on grass. However, when the painting was transferred from the wall of a house to a canvas, they legs may not have survived the process. The Mellville is obviously Moby Dick (the guy did write other stuff, it's worth reading!). I guess the connection is that both stories are about two idiots killing each other for no good reason. But is it funny?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh c'mon! Like I don't expect them to gently caress, but they're seriously not even going to cuddle or make out? Has Team Evans forgotten what it's like to be a teen in college?

The thing that gets me about this is that Bets is the one who has to keep going through all these hoops to spend time with Gunther. She's the one who has to sneak in and out of Gunther's room, the one to think of something fun for them to do, the one who has to keep traveling from her own dorm room to wherever Gunther lives. Meanwhile, Gunther is like a plank of wood for all the things he does for this relationship. He can't even find the balls to tell his mom that he's in a relationship and they're spending time together in his room.

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

lol Get fuuuuuuuuucked, Copper Ma!

I love how the Meteors' coach had some kind of psychotic break where he ranted about believing in Copper Ma for several minutes, and then suddenly calmed the hell down and switched to trying to give the team a pep talk about trying their best. And none of his players look freaked out about it.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Nov. 17, 1957)

I've not read much of the previous Prince Valiants, so it just hit me that they named the dog Gawain. Was Val being a little poo poo and named the dog after his pal? :allears:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Copper's manager had a psychotic break because he was forced to obey Copper's whims as a genius prodigy that is never wrong and now he's completely rattled and playing like an amateur in his self destructing journey to defeat a single enemy player while his team annihilates them. :allears: Maybe he's relieved he can finally manage his own team again. Maybe the other players are too.

Also lol Gunther sucks and we're like two strips out from a reveal that they've not even kissed because mom will be mad if it's before marriage.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Does the day care employee think Rudy is one of Turvy's parents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

amigolupus posted:

I've not read much of the previous Prince Valiants, so it just hit me that they named the dog Gawain. Was Val being a little poo poo and named the dog after his pal? :allears:

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Feb. 22, 1953)

A good dorg.