Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

free hubcaps posted:

So do you think the engineers at oceangate are working on their next sub already

If they name it Twiiter 42069 as bait I will chip in a few bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Further Reading posted:

It comes from reputable soruces, yeah, however there is context missing from the reports: one of the fail safes was a device that would emit a banging noise every 30 minutes. If this noise was related to the sub it was most likely that device. I expect if it was the people in the sub they'd be banging out SOS in morse code and not just like going ham on the hull then waiting patiently for 30 minutes.

yeah thats true, it does seem the most likely cause of the noise.

If it went pop and that thing is still going it must be the most solid bit of gear they had onboard. should have built the whole sub out of it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
They open the hatch and it’s empty

They open the hatch and it’s just a dog at the controls

They open the hatch and it’s full of old timey survivors from the titanic

They open the hatch and (add your own)

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Imagine four submarines at the bottom of the ocean.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

tag your Lost spoilers

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

theyre desd as gently caress

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

were due for another Philadelphia experiment

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i downloaded subnautica in honour of our fallen heroes, heard it's pretty good.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

They open the hatch and it’s another hatch and they open that hatch and it’s another hatch and they open that hatch and on and on

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

Withnail posted:

I think I've read that because the human body is mostly water, intense water pressure doesn't destroy a human body. You die instantly because your lungs and any gasses in your blood are crushed but it's possible there are perfectly recognizable corpses floating around down there.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be the water disintegrating them, but the millions of shards of carbon fibre, shoddy glass and cheap plastic suddenly flying at them.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wee posted:

"I guess it was the fear that made me eat 300+kg of raw flesh in 5 days"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg0U3uheONc

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

do u guys think they still have space available?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
rip French guy, you died as you lived: deep underwater and probably smoking a cigarette

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

The Titan might be the most famous shipwreck at this moment in time.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1671690263692189696

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

lol, of course its the sad old couple.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

work sucks, i know

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

TheBlackVegetable posted:

I'm guessing it wouldn't be the water disintegrating them, but the millions of shards of carbon fibre, shoddy glass and cheap plastic suddenly flying at them.

Like a very very quick hydraulic press, except made of spiky carbon fibre and metal. These people turned into a pink cloudy patch in the water

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Blue Raider posted:

were due for another Philadelphia experiment

got a piece of yarn connecting this and balloon boy on my conspiracy wall

birds
Jun 28, 2008

lol to think they probably didn’t even make it to the titanic

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
One of them took a massive diarrhea dump and they all started vomiting all over the place and the game controller stopped working.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

birds posted:

how does that work, do they get a refund or a rebooking?

Nenonen posted:

One of them took a massive diarrhea dump and they all started vomiting all over the place and the game controller stopped working.

sounds like a typical saturday with me & the boys

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

One night, the billionaire inventor had a dream. He dreamt he was reviewing the course of his life, symbolized by two trails of bubbles in the deep ocean - one for his life's journey, the other for the submarine he built himself with his fortune.

But he noticed that during the most tumultuous periods of his life, the hardest trials and the lowest points, there was only a single trail of bubbles. These were the times when the pressure of the deep sea mirrored the pressure he felt in life.

Disturbed, he confronted the submarine in his dream, "You were supposed to be my safety, my shelter, built by my own hands and wealth. Yet during my hardest times, I see only one trail of bubbles. Why did you abandon me when I needed you the most?"

With the echo of a deep-sea sonar, the submarine responded, "My creator, during those trying times, you did not suffer alone. The solitary trail of bubbles you see, that was when I enveloped you within my hull. I did not abandon you, but took on the pressure for you. When you saw only one trail of bubbles, that was when I bore the weight of your world."

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I wrote a song about this event...

:lost:

10 years ago!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

birds posted:

A few tablespoons of them might have made it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Or they discovered the tunnel next to Titanic that lead them to the hollow earth. Now they are fighting the nazis.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Time to send in the next group of billionaires

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

So the only thing that remains to be seen, is whether or not there are remains to be seen.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Time to send in the next group of billionaires

Musk & Zuckerberg

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Considering how far down they were going the ONLY scenario they could have likely been rescued from is if they were trapped/lost on the surface....

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not what they mean, and the actual reason is far stupider; I'd wager they mean they didn't want any old folks standing around their company because it doesn't fit their marketably-hip and cool fast-moving start-up image.

Oh, I know that's not what he meant. I was just speaking generally.

Edit: dang, this thread moves fast.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

birds posted:

Underwater fireworks factory

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DandyLion posted:

Considering how far down they were going the ONLY scenario they could have likely been rescued from is if they were trapped/lost on the surface....

if your only survival option is floating to the surface perhaps your door should open from the inside, as well. I hope they are implementing this feature in Titan 2.0

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

smoobles posted:

how does that work, do they get a refund or a rebooking?

Apparantly even their non-disaster voyages sometimes didn't make it to the titantic. There was a no refund policy.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

There is still hope godammit, I want to believe something like the plot of Lost happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Like open the hatch and there's nobody inside but a polar bear?