Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
try accessing GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Only got a bit farther past the demo content but I'm having a lot of fun. Hoping to really dive into it when I'm not half asleep waiting for the game to unlock.

Also just as an FYI, Gita uses they/them. I dunno if I'll totally agree with their takes, we'll see when I get to the issues they mentioned, but they come from different perspectives and experiences than me, so I'm not going to say their takes are invalid or wrong.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 22, 2023

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

Agents are GO! posted:

Look if people wanted to access every bit of game content then they should've not been disabled. Git gud n00bs, respect the designers artistic vision to exclude people. Disabled folks aren't really people anyway. :smuggo:

Dropping my sarcasm: this post is thiiiiiiiis close 🤏🏻 to gamergate nonsense, like to the point I almost responded "SYQ". Gross.

Controversial!

and there it is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agents are GO! posted:

Look if people wanted to access every bit of game content then they should've not been disabled. Git gud n00bs, respect the designers artistic vision to exclude people. Disabled folks aren't really people anyway. :smuggo:

Dropping my sarcasm: this post is thiiiiiiiis close 🤏🏻 to gamergate nonsense, like to the point I almost responded "SYQ". Gross.

Controversial!

Shut da gently caress up

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Controversial!

bro you are crazy. haha

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

we were too late

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

boredsatellite posted:

we were too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNe6J_nkQ9w

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love all the swearing in this game, there's tons of it. Its cool as hell, not even joking. Clive's crappy life demands a lot of swearing.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Got out of the prologue. Game owns so far. Tho it's been a bit easy

Wife just caught me playing instead of working :ohdear: tbf it is my lunch break

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Got out of the prologue. Game owns so far. Tho it's been a bit easy

Wife just caught me playing instead of working :ohdear: tbf it is my lunch break

The game does, indeed, own so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FF16 gets better and better as I continue playing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got to just past the second eikon battle and wowwee.

Sad I need to go to work again tomorrow but at least it's Friday so when I'm back I can just no-life this game all evening + weekend hell yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Escobarbarian posted:

There’s no option to change the button mashing into a hold or turn off the haptics so accessibility clearly wasn’t really on their mind

I'm ok with haptics but mashing is terrible for my gnarled up thumb. I don't think you have to tap that much here though, I was tapping super slow and still getting through those sections. I should see how slowly I can tap and get away with because mashing will sometimes end a gaming session early for me

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Caesar Saladin posted:

I love all the swearing in this game, there's tons of it. Its cool as hell, not even joking. Clive's crappy life demands a lot of swearing.

Clive’s Crappy Life is a succinct way to describe this game

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Caesar Saladin posted:

Almost a requisite with the Game of Thrones vibes oozing out of every pore of the game.

On that subject, that's probably the main criticism I have of the game. It really wears its modern influences on its sleeve (so far at least), whereas I come to FF for really off-the-wall, batshit plots and settings. I'm not particularly worried, as I expect the train to get off the rails sooner or later.

This game is really, really good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Got to just past the second eikon battle and wowwee.

Sad I need to go to work again tomorrow but at least it's Friday so when I'm back I can just no-life this game all evening + weekend hell yeahhhhhhhhhhh

The second including the prologue or after that?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The second including the prologue or after that?

Second total, not including the tiny snippet at the start, so Garuda.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the settings in general are pretty barebones which is pretty weird. The lack of HUD options is particularly surprising, you’d think that’d be a no-brainer for a game that looks this good.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The legacy of gamer journalism has shaped this thread for long enough.

There's a ton of Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in this game so far. Like, the setting is maybe 50% Nausicaa. Which is totally cool since that is also where Chocobos came from.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I think it’s a testament to the combat that I typically don’t really love character action games and I still find myself going out of my way to fight stuff. It’s really good once you get more than one set of abilities.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There isn't an option to turn down or lessen the screen throb during QTEs is there? Particularly clashes, the wavy orange lines accentuate whatever makes my eyes ache. Kinda a deal breaker for me.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm about to head out from the Hideaway for the first time, how much longer does the dramatic irony of (obvious story spoilers) Clive being Ifrit himself last?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I completely forget this was coming out until late last night. I have a surprise FF game to play this weekend!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

try accessing GBS

Access deez nuts.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Klungar posted:

I'm about to head out from the Hideaway for the first time, how much longer does the dramatic irony of (obvious story spoilers) Clive being Ifrit himself last?

They deal with it pretty fast.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Klungar posted:

Its the next main plot point

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

VanillaGorilla posted:

They deal with it pretty fast.

Thanks, was already finding it a bit grating.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't have a PS5 and can't play it myself just yet but this was nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKpdbymnTE

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
lol I keep trying to tell my friend who is currently whining about his amazon copy not coming for another 3 hours that the demo is 3 hours long and saves transfer

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jokes posted:

Clive’s Crappy Life is a succinct way to describe this game

RIP Thomas Hardy you woulda loved FINAL FANTASY XVI

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
noctis lucis caelum’s fun country road-trip was just the prelude to CLIVE ROSFIELD’S TORMENTOUS NIGHTMARE

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

RIP Thomas Hardy you woulda loved FINAL FANTASY XVI

Clive of the Rosfields

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that review comment of “Clive has to slowly realize slavery is bad” is weird to me because I’m only a few hours in and the whole thing seems pretty clear-cut already?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That's a funny review comment considering the first few scenes right after the prologue concerning Clive's post-prologue condition.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone got weird issues in Quality mode? I swear this is not close to locked at 30FPS. Even the menus seem sluggish. (This is wandering around in Lostwing)

ymgve fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 22, 2023

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

SettingSun posted:

That's a funny review comment considering the first few scenes right after the prologue concerning Clive's post-prologue condition.

I want to give the reviewer the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, yeah, the treatment of slavery is not among the things I've currently mostly been irked about in terms of my (mostly) minor gripes so far.

game fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant believe I had concerns about the story, this is actually so well written and paced. It’s perfect. This is one of the best FF stories in a long time too.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

ymgve posted:

Anyone got weird issues in Quality mode? I swear this is not close to locked at 30FPS. Even the menus seem sluggish. (This is wandering around in Lostwing)

I'm extremely sensitive to frame drops and yeah quality mode does drop frames quite frequently. The worst offender so far was the very beginning eikon fight and the time you revisit it - I'm pretty sure it was down around 10-15 fps for a while.

I haven't quite got to Lostwing yet, I'm still in the forest, but yeah it's definitely not a locked 30. It's a shame, because it really takes me out of things, but I understand not everyone is impacted by (or even notices) it. I honestly wish I wasn't so sensitive to it. I also find flickering lights and strobes extremely unpleasant to the point of anxiety, which I assume is related.

E: just so this post isn't too negative, absolutely loving the game itself!

HampHamp fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 22, 2023

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Some high falutin games journalist said it goes off the rails towards the end as some sort of criticism. My friend, what game series to you think you are playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

If I use the amulet that makes dodge parry etc easier does it affect the game at all? Feels so easy after equipping them but would avoid using them if there's any penalty whether it's trophies or skill options. I'm sure it gets replaced later on with more drops.