Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zero_Grade posted:

The Los Angeles Angels in the Outfield of Anaheim

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Campo de Beisbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Philippe posted:

The Mighty Ducks were based on movies, no?

They were a real hockey team but owned by Disney so the name was directly taken from the movies. Now they're just the Ducks.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not even mighty?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like that this suggests the ultimate innovation would just be a machine that you feed people into and it turns them directly into money via obliterating them.

Which, I suppose, is almost what he's achieved if the news coverage is making money :v:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Edit: The other side to the "band shirt" debate is the nerd wearing a "The cake is a lie" T Shirt just begging for people to ask him about it so he can explain video games at length to someone who does not give a poo poo. Or the arsehole wearing a T Shirt of an obscure Peruvian Jazz-Funk fusion band from the early 1970s, who, if you go "Thats a nice shirt, what is it?" in an attempt to be friendly just uses it as an excuse to belittle you and praise himself for being cultured or whatever.

People should be able to wear whatever loving shirt they want without being hassled for it. It's better for both sides.

I haven't seen anyone wearing an actual "not involved in human trafficking" t-shirt, but it's only a matter of time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Philippe posted:

The Mighty Ducks were based on movies, no?

Oh don't even get me STARTED on the cartoon

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

What the loving gently caress

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A valuable contribution

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Now through the power of AI you can experience a simulation of even the most abstract human misery right from the comfort of your den

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I will take some solace in that every response to that AI story tweet was "What the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Uh uh uh SOCIAL EXPERIMENT

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

having an ai write fanfic on the final hours of real human beings as self care

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Back in my day you had to make up your own misery wank fantasies and now you have robots to do it for you, and worse, feel the need to share it with others.

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!

loving hell, I hate AI weirdo poo poo like this. All these "I used AI to imagine what this looked like" things are such worthless noise, like I'm pretty sure this is going to be what finally turns me into a Luddite

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Comstar posted:

So Coffeezilla released part 3 of his investigation into Traders Domain.

Half a Billion stolen in a ponzi scheme and the guy behind it has bested the (Canadia) Feds twice by lying unconvincing.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

This weeks episode special guest star...The Actual Wolf of WallStreet who claims HE got scammed to (spoiler alert)he's on it.

The various governments don't seem to care, this guy is going to get away with it, and the crypto and ponzi schemes will go on and get bigger.

slight error there. It's the Ontario provincial securities regulators that investigated the dude. Not the feds. Securities regs up here seem to be very toothless, and are under provincial jurisdiction, as far as I know.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Norwegian news is saying they've found wreckage and debris and are holding a press conference tonight. :munch:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Biplane posted:

Norwegian news is saying they've found wreckage and debris and are holding a press conference tonight. :munch:

How did the Norwegian news find the wreckage without anyone noticing?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

This makes me want to gnaw my own foot off.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Biplane posted:

https://twitter.com/uscgnortheast/status/1671907901542211584

Press conference in an hour and a half, at 3 PM EST.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clerical Terrors posted:

How did the Norwegian news find the wreckage without anyone noticing?

Buddy those norse motherfuckers ruled the seas before Britain did. They've probably had agents on the ground* since Sunday.

*sea floor

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Simsmagic posted:

having an ai write fanfic on the final hours of real human beings as self care

As much as I like video games and making posts nobody likes on a dead forum, can we get one of them mass tech frying sun rays? I think humanity needs a break from technology.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I think a CME would only fry poo poo that's operational/receiving power?

We may have up to an hour of warning, so it's possible that we could be back to normal in a few days. Or extreme chaos for months/years

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was under the impression that they cause massive induced current in any large conductors, so anything connected to a power line would get fried as well as any cables that aren't supposed to carry high voltages.

When the last one hit it knocked out a lot of telegraph wires.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
https://twitter.com/savannahvicario/status/1670887143550382095?t=kZAfgC_jrxTTb1DLT5EPiQ&s=19

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Never let his phone touch his balls

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Macroplastics are good, then?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brawnfire posted:

Never let his phone touch his balls

What if it’s a landline can they touch like one ball

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"replace his lotion with beef tallow"
"cook him burgers and steak"

man's going to smell incredible.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

800peepee51doodoo posted:

That was Jeffrey Dahmer. Gacy was executed.
Whoops, that's on me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I saw that and almost posted it myself, but looking at her twitter feed I'm pretty sure she's joking.

Edit: actually looking at her feed again, I don't know why I thought it was a joke.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Jun 22, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

https://twitter.com/dcmarketeer/status/1671945862405038081

I, uh, don't think it's way too soon for memorials.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

OP is not the idiot.
https://twitter.com/CarloniBrittany/status/1671905737398796288

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I think QAnon Anonymous did an episode on Moms for Liberty about a month ago. Absolutely insane people

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Neither Groovy or the lady herself are IoSM, but this is still fairly relevant to the thread:
https://twitter.com/grooviestsalami/status/1670930117474803714?cxt=HHwWhICzidiFq7AuAAAA

Context (content warning: arguing with a racist):
https://twitter.com/grooviestsalami/status/1671211125990653952

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

She's.... she's wearing sunglasses in that picture.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Air Skwirl posted:

I saw that and almost posted it myself, but looking at her twitter feed I'm pretty sure she's joking.

Edit: actually looking at her feed again, I don't know why I thought it was a joke.

It says a lot that this parses as a joke, but is apparently sincere. The inverse SMBC AAAH.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Supposedly a "landing frame and the rear cover" of the sub have been found. Coast guard press conference in a second, but it looks like billionaire sea paste theory may be confirmed

Lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Next time you go to the beach you are swimming in dilute billionaire soup.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

OwlFancier posted:

Next time you go to the beach you are swimming in dilute billionaire soup.

I go to the beach next week in fact!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

I go to the beach next week in fact!

Be sure to feel extra fancy.