Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

James Jones bundling assets like he's 2008 banker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

drat missing out on cp3 to lakers again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why the heck do the Wizards do this trade? 2030 pick is actually nothing and Poole contract sucks. Not as much as Beal's, but still

Lol

Who do the Saudis buy into now?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Uh. Bye, Jordan.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
has anyone heard from Ice Spice yet, what does she think?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol can you imagine CP3 and Draymond tag teaming yelling at the refs

Draymond is going to curb stomp someone and then CP3 is going to immediately point out that their jersey is untucked and need to step out of the game to fix it

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What is Washington doing? I genuinely don't understand. Are they just really excited about deals?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Jordan Poole will be a great tank commander for the Wizards. If he can put up decent volume scoring numbers, his contract becomes pretty trade-able in a couple years too.

Pretty much ends all the Draymond speculation now. No way he doesn't come back to GS on a more team friendly deal now.

I'm pretty sure Middleton goes back to the Bucks on a slightly more team-friendly win-now deal too. Miami would be a great fit, but I don't think they have the money. Long shots if they want to overspend for a second-round level team: Portland and OKC.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, we're riding together one last time, Kevman :unsmith:

BUT WHAT THE gently caress

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the dirtiest player in the league joins the dirtiest team

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So does Klay get sent to the bench?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

lol can you imagine CP3 and Draymond tag teaming yelling at the refs

Draymond is going to curb stomp someone and then CP3 is going to immediately point out that their jersey is untucked and need to step out of the game to fix it

Azathoth posted:

Warriors opponents lining up for tipoff:

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

It's more likely that Paul plays a lot with the 2nd unit. Kerr will almost certainly play some CP3/Steph/Klay lineups because he loves small ball though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Chris Paul gonna ride around on Draymond like Master Dick Blaster

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I imagine Paul in the role that Kyle Lowry wound up taking with Miami this year.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
The warriors after getting their asses beat by a lovely Lakers team that was p much just taller and they already have a better PG than Chris Paul:

Let’s get smaller edit: and older

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Teams prepping for the Warriors:

https://youtu.be/g2c_-9kIjyU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is either gonna work out TERRIBLY or like one of those pro wrestling angles where the hated rivals team up and form an incredibly successful tag team. There is no in between.

My money is firmly on terribly, but gently caress it, let's get loving weird.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Chris Paul gonna ride around on Draymond like Master Dick Blaster

Lol actually laughed out loud at this

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BWV posted:

Hahahahahahaha

Seems like a bad trade for Golden State because of Paul's age/health but it will be fun to see him running the point with Curry and Klay cutting.

I suspect that it's more about getting rid of Poole than acquiring CP3. He's on an expiring contract.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I think that will work out well for GSW. It’s not like they need Paul’s playmaking, it’s going to be an incredible luxury.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I think that will work out well for GSW. It’s not like they need Paul’s playmaking, it’s going to be an incredible luxury.

Yeah they'll make the playin now that's big for them

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Fukn deal zone

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Vox Nihili posted:

I suspect that it's more about getting rid of Poole than acquiring CP3. He's on an expiring contract.

Yea I just realized his contract isn’t guaranteed next year. Still gently caress the warriors and everything they do

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

Metapod posted:

Yeah they'll make the playin now that's big for them

Lmfao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey guys, anything happen in the nba today

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There is not a lot of downside if Poole is who he was last year (I guess technically this year still) for the Warriors. The player he was the year before was very valuable but it’s rough to bet on returns like that and this is a way to save a lot of money for themselves next offseason if it doesn’t work out.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/sreekyshooter/status/1671975900395479045

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Uhhhh....yeah I sort of get what they were going for but why is Golden State including 2 picks here. Like CP3, at his age and health and contract is worth at most a 2nd. I'm not gonna miss Jordan Poole's lovely in-game choices or stupid loving face anymore though.

Also hi samuraifoochs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Hey guys, anything happen in the nba today

The Wizards have transcended the Deal Zone

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lol

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1671968835711148040?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Wizards have transcended the Deal Zone

That's unpossible

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Wizards will be the black hole of basketball until the end of time. It is written

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah the draft pick hurts a little but they clear a bad contract and get better for next season without seriously compromising their future. lotta teams in the same position give bad multi-year deals to aging and/or injury-prone guys in the name of giving their core another shot. it gives everyone nice, fuzzy feelings that they're going all in with their guys but the vast majority of the time it just means that the team has a couple years of futility before they can actually start their rebuild because they gave up all their picks and got a roster full of guys struggling to play 40 games.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
It blows my mind that you can just loving buy a draft pick in the NBA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ammanas posted:

Uhhhh....yeah I sort of get what they were going for but why is Golden State including 2 picks here. Like CP3, at his age and health and contract is worth at most a 2nd. I'm not gonna miss Jordan Poole's lovely in-game choices or stupid loving face anymore though.

Also hi samuraifoochs.

a second for cp3 and a first to take Jordan Poole

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1671977124872491008

What a hard decision to make.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Wizards trying to do some last minute tanking for Wemby

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

surf rock posted:

It blows my mind that you can just loving buy a draft pick in the NBA

you can't trade players for considerations. whatever the gently caress that is. cash sometimes. used popcorn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aye Doc posted:

the wizards backcourt currently:

Jordan Poole
Tyus Jones
Monte Morris
Jordan Shamet
Delon Wright
Johnny Davis
Quenton Jackson

what a lovely mess

I mean, Jones and or Monte are probably getting traded.