Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

pixaal posted:

Talking with people into fighting they are saying it's no contest Musk will win by weight difference. If Musk is completely untrained though I still hold out hope Zuck will knock him out. The problem is if Musk sits on him he's probably done. Probably still fun to watch Zuck get squished, I bet he gets some good hits in first.

I dunno about that, man. Zuckerberg may have the Innsmouth look, but he supposedly did that Murph Challenge thing in 40 minutes so he's in reasonably good shape. I'm 6'6" and 250 pounds and I'm guessing he could probably knock me flat if he put minimal effort into learning how to throw a punch and not lose his nerve in an actual fight. Musk could maybe take him if he also went into training and took it seriously but, like, look at him. He's hairplugs floating in a pink tub of steroids and diabetes medication. He's intensely vain & insecure, but also intensely lazy; if he wasn't he would have gotten Bezos-grade yoked by now instead of trying to cover up his insecurity with chemicals and plastic surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I know we've moved on from the lol deathsub, but here's James Cameron spending 4 minutes dunking on the thing. 33 dives to the Titanic, dude's qualified to comment more than anyone.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1671965549381689533?s=20

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 22, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Jimmy Cameras pulls no punches, and gives no fucks

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

pixaal posted:

Talking with people into fighting they are saying it's no contest Musk will win by weight difference. If Musk is completely untrained though I still hold out hope Zuck will knock him out. The problem is if Musk sits on him he's probably done. Probably still fun to watch Zuck get squished, I bet he gets some good hits in first.

I just hope everyone involved gets hurt very badly

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Steadiman posted:

:hfive:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Steadiman posted:

Amen.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Lol. God forbid the government prevent the monopolization of housing. That's totalitarianism!

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
If this went down musk would get dismantled. He has no fight training and zuck wins BJJ tournaments

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If any of the billionaires are some kind of psycho batman type, it's Zuck.

This. There's so much to hate Zuck for, but out of all the top tech billionaires he's the one who I'd most expect to take martial arts (or any sports) seriously instead of paying people to lose to him for ego boost.

I really hope this match actually happens. There are no bad outcomes!

priznat posted:

What I’m saying is expect zuckerberg to have another go at running for potus when he smashes musk’s face in.

Wait, no. There are bad outcomes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Shania Twain posted:

If this went down musk would get dismantled. He has no fight training and zuck wins BJJ tournaments

I mean even if his tourney wins are fake, someone who’s done a few months of training and been kicked by another person is going to absolutely mop up mr non-Euclidean skinny fat torso.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tuna-Fish posted:

This. There's so much to hate Zuck for, but out of all the top tech billionaires he's the one who I'd most expect to take martial arts (or any sports) seriously instead of paying people to lose to him for ego boost.

Larry Ellison maybe? He apparently takes sailing seriously, that's not an easy sport.

Steve Ballmer also likes like someone who could hold his own in a fight, but that's based on absolutely nothing.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 22, 2023

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Crackbone posted:

Titan Sub related, they just found debris. Vaporized billionaires.

Which billionaires? Has that been released?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Darchangel posted:

all of them :(

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

one of the tournaments zuck got choked out and was really annoyed by the ref that he had declared him choked out.

honestly would be funny to see one of them get choked out. maybe an armbar that they refuse to concede to.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shania Twain posted:

If he went down musk would get dismantled. He has no tight training and zuck wins BJ tournaments

I need sleep.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Darchangel posted:

Some British dude who was part of a dumb “explorers club” where rich guys bragged about having locals haul their rear end up Everest, and the richest man in Pakistan plus his son.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

pixaal posted:

Weight differences matter if both people are similarly trained/in roughly the same shape. Elon's shape is lumpy mashed potatoes though

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
If zuck is going up against actual BJJ players he is at an insane advantage in the fact that everyone he has completed against so far wants to choke out a billionaire android on principle. I don't know if he was designed with the wingspan to seatbelt musk's absolute unit of a torso though

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

smoobles posted:

all of them :(

Pretty sure Elon, Zuck, and Bezos weren't on board, soooo....

Cyrano4747 posted:

Some British dude who was part of a dumb “explorers club” where rich guys bragged about having locals haul their rear end up Everest, and the richest man in Pakistan plus his son.

Ah, thanks.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Crackbone posted:

Titan Sub related, they just found debris. Vaporized billionaires.

Let that sink in down to the bottom of the ocean

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So I saw this (really cool) thread on Twitter about Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

This tweet about the plot reminded me that it's what Musk basically did with his Hyper Loop.

https://twitter.com/ATRightMovies/status/1671812727348645889?t=Khyl0kBtIUJLnuVwojtebQ&s=19

As per usual, Musk steals his ideas from others without crediting them.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Parkingtigers posted:

I know we've moved on from the lol deathsub, but here's James Cameron spending 4 minutes dunking on the thing. 33 dives to the Titanic, dude's qualified to comment more than anyone.

https://twitter.com/AlecPettus/status/1671971687183556612?s=20

I don't think there's anyone in the world more qualified to talk about diving to the Titanic, my guy
It's a smooth-brained enough take that I would swear he had a bluecheck

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Strong Sauce posted:

one of the tournaments zuck got choked out and was really annoyed by the ref that he had declared him choked out.

honestly would be funny to see one of them get choked out. maybe an armbar that they refuse to concede to.

I’m imagining a version of the Judo Gene/Steven Seagal story where Musk ends up making GBS threads his pants while unconscious

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What's happened recently with Mr. Cis-Slur?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Weight doesn't matter in this situation

Some 35 year old 110 pound athlete chick would slaughter me after wriggling out from under me

I'd have an advantage for like 10 seconds at best duh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Parkingtigers posted:

He's remembered for the Titanic stuff but if I remember right he's been interested in deep sea exploration since The Abyss or earlier. The right overlap of experience and celebrity to comment on this, the community is worried that these idiots are going to become the standard by which all are judged. This was not the best and most prepared experts falling victim to a terrible nobody-saw-this-coming accident.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bruceski posted:

He's remembered for the Titanic stuff but if I remember right he's been interested in deep sea exploration since The Abyss or earlier. The right overlap of experience and celebrity to comment on this, the community is worried that these idiots are going to become the standard by which all are judged. This was not the best and most prepared experts falling victim to a terrible nobody-saw-this-coming accident.

He held the record for deepest solo submersible dive from 2012-2019 when he went to the bottom of the challenger deep.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens
yeah I'm not james cameron's biggest fan by any stretch but the dude knows a lot more about deep sea diving/submersibles and the Titanic than most pundits currently sounding off on twitter about how the sub went woke and that's why it broke. I respect his opinion way more in this field

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I am 100% on board with Elmo ending Zuck here, though it would be better for humanity if neither survived the fight.

Elon's a blowhard who sucks but zuck's reach is 1-2 orders of magnitude greater, and his support and monetization of white supremacy, genocide, and causing depression in teenagers has hurt millions if not billions of people.

Zuck controls the primary way 1B+ people communicate online with whatsapp, and instagram has ruined a generation.

As lovely as Elon is, space and electric cars are good goals.

Zuck only cares about monetizing every form of non-personal communication.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my prediction:

elon will double his growth hormone intake in the months leading up to the fight, get absolutely tree trunked out, flatten zuck in the first round with his pure size advantage, and then die a few years down the road from heart issue

that's if the fight actually takes place, which it won't

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Steadiman posted:

yeah I'm not james cameron's biggest fan by any stretch but the dude knows a lot more about deep sea diving/submersibles and the Titanic than most pundits currently sounding off on twitter about how the sub went woke and that's why it broke. I respect his opinion way more in this field

this. the guy may as well be considered a well informed enthusiast on the matter

I watched him get into interviews on his other explorations and he really is able to pull up action figures from well into the past very quickly.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

I am 100% on board with Elmo ending Zuck here, though it would be better for humanity if neither survived the fight.

Elon's a blowhard who sucks but zuck's reach is 1-2 orders of magnitude greater, and his support and monetization of white supremacy, genocide, and causing depression in teenagers has hurt millions if not billions of people.

Zuck controls the primary way 1B+ people communicate online with whatsapp, and instagram has ruined a generation.

Zuck only cares about monetizing every form of non-personal communication.

If Zuck dies, the board will appoint some even bigger piece of poo poo to replace him and dial up the racist making money machine as high as it will go. Zuck's dumb fixations are what's keeping meta from reaching the true depths of evil.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Powershift posted:

I'm normally 100% against violating Asimov's 3 laws, but set the Zuckerbot to maim.

what do Asimov's law have to do with anything? arguably, not destroying Elon Musk if given the opportunity is a violation of the first law

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Sockser posted:

:yeeclaw:
I don't think there's anyone in the world more qualified to talk about diving to the Titanic, my guy
It's a smooth-brained enough take that I would swear he had a bluecheck
i bet this guy is just slobbering for elon to weigh in

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

my prediction:

elon will double his growth hormone intake in the months leading up to the fight, get absolutely tree trunked out, flatten zuck in the first round with his pure size advantage, and then die a few years down the road from heart issue

that's if the fight actually takes place, which it won't

only double why not a magnitude of order more?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Fate Accomplice posted:

My dude have you seen his tack racord on either of these things? Like maybe if his plan was to shoot all the racists I to space or explode them in a car as they ran over the next baby Hitler then he'd get a pass. Otherwise lol that you think Musk had any good intentions with his idiotic pursuits.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

you do realize that even if zuck were to hypothetically die in this fight, or by any other means, that the actual company of facebook/meta/instagram would still exist and keep on doing everything it does right? it would change nothing.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Earwicker posted:

you do realize that even if zuck were to hypothetically die in this fight, or by any other means, that the actual company of facebook/meta/instagram would still exist and keep on doing everything it does right? it would change nothing.

this and Elon's reaction to losing would no doubt be hilarious because he absolutely cannot handle that sort of humiliation in front of his bestest friends Catturd3 and Antman. Whereas Zuck would just dissapear into his cocoon again after digesting his yearly meal of nutrient paste. So yeah...sadly Zuck has to win this one. I'll also accept them both being horribly injured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

pixaal posted:

the entire UFC brand was built watching untrained fat guys get the poo poo kicked out of them by people who knew what they were doing

There will never be a fight because Musk walks to the bathroom with security and is a terrified manchild, but even a BJJ white belt would easily just choke his rear end out