Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I wouldn’t list a car with issues on bat/c&b unless you just want to get rid of it, if you no reserve list it that’s a guaranteed sale in a week probably easier and even better price than local lowballers will give you. But you won’t get “market” value for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Just know that what you have is worth a decent amount of money, especially as a single owner with such low mileage. If you address the relatively minor issues you've listed and the car is cosmetically in good shape (no rust) you can make good money off it. If you really just wanna get rid of it maybe someone on SA will even buy it (me?? Probably not, I don't have the garage space for it).

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I'll trade you an E30 for it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ill trade you a lollipop and a pack of gum for it

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

You might reach out the guy that runs m3list.com or join their discord, it's pretty active and you might be able to get an idea what it's worth or find a buyer.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ill trade you a lollipop and a pack of gum for it

Two packs of gum, and a satchel of big league chew

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

kill me now posted:

Yeah, BAT is no longer the place to buy race car shells and clapped out project cars.
It is where you go to pay way too much for 1 of 1, 250 original mile rare cars in pristine condition and cars with "pedigree". It's Barrett Jackson for non boomers.

still super fun to look through

Perfectly said about BaT, especially when it comes to Porsche pricing which is already delusional.

I had an x5e this past week as a rental car and it was surpringly nice, almost makes me rethink what the next vehicle is going to be.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

BaT also has a 3-4 month backlog depending on the car.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I bought my 986 on BaT and felt like I got a good deal and it was a deece experience.

It's THE place to sell an enthusiast car, imo. Super rare unicorn things might do better elsewhere, but BaT is a strong selling platform, imo.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Test drove that 328d wagon today. I really liked it. I was prepared to let the lack of features I want go but it had some pretty nasty "dings" on it. Acceptable at the price if it was kitted out how I wanted but probably the tipping point for me not getting it. Dude will sell it pretty quick though as it's a legitimately decent deal for one. Definitely focusing on one of these or a 335d unless I come across a crazy deal on the other things I've been looking at.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I don't know where else are you going to find aberrations like this (besides LA Craigslist)?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mosler-consulier/
:popeye:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't know where else are you going to find aberrations like this (besides LA Craigslist)?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mosler-consulier/
:popeye:

what in tarnation

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RUF 914

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

blk posted:

Well taken advice; thanks to you and everyone in the thread. I’ll probably drive the E46 to the grave and save up for something more playful.

Get an e86 (z4m coupe), the thread needs one of those again...

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Was it you that had a sweet Bronzit one that you never should have sold?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

'25 M5 Touring, this is supposedly coming to the US. https://www.bmw-m.com/en/all-models/overview-m-and-m-performance/bmw-m5-touring/2023/bmw-m5-touring.html

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Was it you that had a sweet Bronzit one that you never should have sold?
Nah that was HandlingbyJebus. I had a silver one that I, too, should not have sold :(

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

the milk machine posted:

what in tarnation

I got to drive one of those years ago with some mild upgrades, it made good whooshing turbo noises and was a lot of fun.

BMW content: Drove it while picking up my E28, was one of many cars in the guys collection.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Some observations while at a BMW dealership to order a spare key for my E39 (oof):
- dude in front of me in the queue acted like a big shot for buying a $180 BMW watch...
- the CPO older BMWs hidden away in the back look so much better than the new cars
- they had a mint Isetta on display

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

what's the source on it coming to the US? all i've seen is fever dreams of bloggers and clickbait headlines

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

what's the source on it coming to the US? all i've seen is fever dreams of bloggers and clickbait headlines

Yeah still rumor for now.

https://twitter.com/BMWUSA/status/1673419314102407168

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"I don't feel safe in this, I need to be high up. I'll take the X5M, thanks"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

There's zero chance that they bring back the regular 5 wagon, right? I am not a big fan of buying new cars but a plug in electric 5 wagon would be something I'd seriously consider over like, a model S.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cojawfee posted:

"I don't feel safe in this, I need to be high up. I'll take the X5M, thanks"

I dunno, AMG seems to sell every single wagon they bring into the states and command a huge premium. Perhaps BMW is ready to sell DOZENS of M5 wags?

I am so far out of the target demo it doesn't matter but I hope future me is able to buy one used.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I mean, the idea of an M3/M5 "wagon" is cool - but FFS also have a normal 340/540 version available for normal people to use daily.

Offering them is also not going to cut into SUV sales but a mere smidge at most, so I have never believed that excuse.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Keyser_Soze posted:

I mean, the idea of an M3/M5 "wagon" is cool - but FFS also have a normal 340/540 version available for normal people to use daily.

Offering them is also not going to cut into SUV sales but a mere smidge at most, so I have never believed that excuse.

Has anyone ever said that selling wagons would cut into SUV sales? I've always heard that no one wants wagons because they'd rather just have the SUV. That's probably why it's the M5 that's possibly going to be sold as a wagon, because it's already something they aren't going to sell a lot of so they can mark it up to make it worth it. Ford didn't stop selling sedans because they wanted to sell more SUVs, they stopped making sedans because no one buys them.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I believe that is usually just offered up as one of the reasons in various articles.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Keyser_Soze posted:

Yea it's really this. Journalists/Click-based advertising loves the AMG, RS6, new M3/M5 wagons but a M340i Touring is actually obtainable for way more people. That's what I really want.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Keyser_Soze posted:

I believe that is usually just offered up as one of the reasons in various articles.

I also see something about the current target demo having grown up with them and won't buy what their parents had or some poo poo.

The guy with the F31 seemed upset that I didn't buy it. I know he's had a couple other people look at it too yet it's still up. The listing pictures do a good job hiding the damage on the passenger side. He's already down to his minimum "no bullshit" price too. I think part of it is with the market readjusting from the insanity of the past couple years. I don't think this thing would have lasted even 6 months ago at this price. Everything is getting price reductions now. I know that the BMW diesels aren't going to be hot for everyone but there are a ton just sitting at pretty reasonable prices. Hopefully they keep going down.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Ford didn't stop selling sedans because they wanted to sell more SUVs, they stopped making sedans because no one buys them.

I think that bmw is enough of an enthusiast/status car that they don't really serve the same 100% overlapping market as ford. People buying bmw are proto enthusiasts looking at M3/M5 and buying what their wallet will allow. People who grew up with wagons are now entering bmw sales' target age group I can see the argument for bringing the wagon back as a kind of hair hail mary.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I would never buy an SUV but I would totally buy an M5 wagon.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Popete posted:

There is a world I could have the older diesel X5 to tow a track E36/82 or some poo poo. Or Cayanne or G Wagon. Actually I have been semi seriously considering a G Wagon regardless, the cool factor and door close satisfying clunk gets me.

If I had even fuckoff more money though I’d make a wagon tow rig lmao.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I keep waffling over buying my parent's 2016 Cayenne Diesel off of them to serve as my only street vehicle / tow my BRZ race car on my trailer 2-4x a month.

The idea of maintaining it scares me, though it does average 20mpg towing versus 14mpg of my truck. Oh, and the mirrors loving suck for towing and in general.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Popete posted:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I don't understand these responses. Would you also buy a 340/540 wagon or is it just the exclusivity of an M5 (and if you want and M5 what was wrong with the sedan M5?)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Keyser_Soze posted:

(and if you want and M5 what was wrong with the sedan M5?)

Well obviously that it has one too few doors :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Popete posted:

If they do bring the M5 wagon to the US, are you going to put in an order? It's one thing to say it would be cool and you would, like, totally buy one. But it's another thing to actually buy it. People always say they want a specific type of car and that they would totally buy it, but the manufacturers try to sell them and no one buys them.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

A fully electric 5 series wagon is pretty much the only BMW that would make the short list for our next car purchase, others being something like a tesla or a toyota land cruiser-esque suv

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Cojawfee posted:

Ford didn't stop selling sedans because they wanted to sell more SUVs, they stopped making sedans because no one buys them.

this was kind of both at the same time, really - margins on CUVs are better and the sedan market was shrinking

Cojawfee posted:

If they do bring the M5 wagon to the US, are you going to put in an order? It's one thing to say it would be cool and you would, like, totally buy one. But it's another thing to actually buy it. People always say they want a specific type of car and that they would totally buy it, but the manufacturers try to sell them and no one buys them.

Yeah, I'm definitely the target market for the car and I balk at spending more than the cost of the house I grew up in on a car. Just doesn't sit right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
yeah i would fuckin love an m5 wagon but there’s no way i would/could ever justify spending 130k or whatever on a car unless i had lotto winner money or something