Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

CainFortea posted:

No clue why I failed to read the red text.

Does the pikmin hd releases have the crowd moving stick option from the original game that they removed for what I can only imagine are terrible reasons? I really missed that functionality.

Hold L trigger and it kicks in. I'm hoping this means its also gonna be back in 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Space Fish posted:

The MGS collection implies more games are on the way,

mgsv was ported to 360, so it's entirely possible to come out on the Switch :dance:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the inclusion of Snake’s Revenge could imply that other side games might be ported in future collections as well (Ghost Babel would be nice)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The whole world deserves to see snake babysit a kid with bad vibes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Larryb posted:

Also the inclusion of Snake’s Revenge could imply that other side games might be ported in future collections as well (Ghost Babel would be nice)

Metal Gear Acid collection when?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

The only thing I really remember about MGS besides the sound that my brother uses on his phone as an alert is the part when you fight some mantis guy and you have to unplug the controller from port 1 and put it in port 2 so he can't read your mind How are they going to handle that?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

A new DQ Monsters is awesome but for real where is this gosh drat DQ3 remake.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Gumdrop Larry posted:

A new DQ Monsters is awesome but for real where is this gosh drat DQ4 remake.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Metal Gear Acid collection when?

I feel like Portable Ops could be massively improved with a better control scheme as well

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The Riddler and his trophies ain't got poo poo on my Korok bros.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Larryb posted:

I feel like Portable Ops could be massively improved with a better control scheme as well

Right stick camera support would own

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

neato burrito posted:

Riddle me this! What's...under this rock??

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
joker laugh but it’s all ya-ha-ha’s

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

Riddle me this! What's...under this rock??

restless cricket

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Raylax posted:

The N64 app doesn't have a CRT filter option but that's probably a resource limitation.
It should! :colbert: Otherwise, you're a faker who's not playing the actual games and losing the original artistic vision.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

otter posted:

The only thing I really remember about MGS besides the sound that my brother uses on his phone as an alert is the part when you fight some mantis guy and you have to unplug the controller from port 1 and put it in port 2 so he can't read your mind How are they going to handle that?

This was soooooo coooooool.

Also the frequency on the game case. I remember Hollywood Video printed the code and put it on the rental box.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The PS Classic used Meryl on the codec as the box screenshot which was clever.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CJacobs posted:

The PS Classic used Meryl on the codec as the box screenshot which was clever.
Looks like they'll be using the digital store pages for that trick for the new releases.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

neato burrito posted:

yeah you can't even crucify them so what's the point

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's messed up how Open World games have been a thing for decades at this point yet the only games to feature crucifixion as a major game mechanic are TotK and The You Testament.

Rockstar, Bethesda, and Ubisoft could learn a lot from mDickie.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So is there a reason why part of the internet thinks Martinet sounds different in Wonderful? He sounds the same time to me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Willo567 posted:

So is there a reason why part of the internet thinks Martinet sounds different in Wonderful? He sounds the same time to me

I think it’s just because people got used to NSMB using the exact same voice clips for over a decade so it’s weird hearing new ones

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Martinet is on instagram why doesn’t someone just ask him

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Morpheus posted:

So there's a sale going on, some stuff that usually doesn't get discounted. Anyone pick anything good from it? I grabbed Xenoblade 3, figured I'm never going to get around to finishing the second one, and I hear a lot of buzz about how this is way better.

I got Live a Live at 50% off. The full price is a bit much for what it is imo, but with the discount it's a fun time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1671947542194520068

Still the only good thing on that loving hell site.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Also not understanding why some people are claiming it looks similar to NSMB when it has a new art style and mechanics. Besides, how would they make it different from New or the other games anyways other than new levels and power ups?

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1671895840921894913

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 22, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

My secret hope is the flower voice-acting is auto-generated and the flowers are actually a Miiverse clone like they did with Splatoon 2/3 and Mario Maker 2.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

All flower dialogue is AI generated and racist

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Willo567 posted:

Also not understanding why some people are claiming it looks similar to NSMB when it has a new art style and mechanics. Besides, how would they make it different from New or the other games anyways other than new levels and power ups?

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1671895840921894913

i'd like a 2d mario with cel shaded graphics that made it look more super mario world-y, or hell even just full 2d with pixel art and poo poo instead of 2d with 3d graphics, but otherwise wonder looks good graphically

i hope the flower doesn't actually talk that much tho

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 22, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Gumdrop Larry posted:

A new DQ Monsters is awesome but for real where is this gosh drat DQ3 remake.

Been saying this.

Mega64 posted:

It's messed up how Open World games have been a thing for decades at this point yet the only games to feature crucifixion as a major game mechanic are TotK and The You Testament.

Rockstar, Bethesda, and Ubisoft could learn a lot from mDickie.

There was crucified dudes in New Vegas, but I seem to remember the engine being kinda confused by them. Then again, the engine was kinda confused on a lot of stuff in that game.

It kicks rear end, obviously.

Fallout wikipedia re. glitches posted:

If one chooses to crucify Benny, he will end up being crucified outside of The Fort. Sometimes, both the crucified and regular versions of Benny will appear.

HE IS RISEN.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 22, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I still want NSMB Wii for Switch.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wonder seems to still be 3D models for the characters and 2D art for the environments like NSMB but the approach to the 3D models is so much better, they have a very cartoony, flat look and are super expressive

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wonder also has this guy and I love his horrified expression

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

Been saying this.

There was crucified dudes in New Vegas, but I seem to remember the engine being kinda confused by them. Then again, the engine was kinda confused on a lot of stuff in that game.

It kicks rear end, obviously.

HE IS RISEN.

Fair point, I need to give credit to Obsidian as well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wonder also has this guy and I love his horrified expression

To call back to slightly earlier discussion I think the screenshot here is a good example of how the game is aesthetically very different from nsmb series. Characters are proportioned and angled in such a way to be more expressive and the trailer shows that from moment to moment there will be a lot of things meant to catch the eye and a lot of attention to aesthetic detail. Nsmb had competent graphics but game to game was very similar and safe feeling.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Squat lil' RPG Mario is my favorite Mario. :allears:

So cute!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I bet smrpg is gonna sell well simply due to the momentum of the movie. It kinda sorta looks like a tie in if you're a kid who's excited about all things Mario or a parent shopping for said kid.

And hell it may as well be a tie in, not like the movie did anything wild with the established lore

Obviously SMB The Gang Gets Addicted to Crack edition is going to sell like hotcakes just like every classic style 2d Mario game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sometimes I am reminded that probably the most iconic video game character of all time is a squat rotund mustachio'd Italian plumber in overalls.

And he is often adorable.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I got The Curse of the Golden Idol, which we wrapped up tonight (took us 3-4 nights! It's very short). My wife liked it so we got the DLC.

Neither was on sale. I did get Ori and the Will of the Wisps for less than 5 euro, which I feel silly about but that's fine. I've got that and Omori to wrap up after TotK and Pikmin 4, after which I need to order my Wishlist via priority and see what I buy. Probably Katamari, but we'll see.

Bug Squash posted:

I got Live a Live at 50% off. The full price is a bit much for what it is imo, but with the discount it's a fun time.

Man that's tempting. Still I have so much I want to get and play and not enough time. Hopefully, I'll get it during another sale. Right now going through SMRPG is my jrpg of the month I guess and it's a good one. It's a great introduction to the genre and I think the remake can really serve younger audiences well, just the way it did way back when.

Having never played it I'm appreciating just how breezy it is. The mild active components also keep you aware enough to enjoy it and it's not too hard to avoid enemies if you like either. It's good.

---

I need to see how many overland shrines I got but I can't be far from having them all in TotK. I'm beginning to warp more and more. I'm planning on wrapping up the fairy quests, which is making me slowly more durable and rewarding my hoarding mentality as I now burn through the resources I didn't end up using. I'll see where this all takes me next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I just love that Dopefish Lives even in Mario land.
Thats a dopefish Toad is jumping onto, you can't fool me.