Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Vacating wins is actually extremely funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Vacating wins allows you to make lots of technically correct statements that sound ridiculous and for that reason the practice should continue.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

Based on the most recent college football rankings...Tulane is better than LSU.

Wow, that’ll look great on a banner.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol that LSU has to vacate wins from the long, weird spiral downward at the end of Les's tenure

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a neat cape posted:

Give Reggie his goddamn Heisman back

For some reason immediately thought this referred to Reggie Ball and spent like 10 minutes trying to figure out what the joke was.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wow, that’ll look great on a banner.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

In Tulane's defense, they do have more SEC titles than half of the current conference membership.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm the 6 rows of ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Having to live somewhere that perpetually smells like corndogs makes LSU fans hilarious.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Judgy Fucker posted:

In Tulane's defense, they do have more SEC titles than half of the current conference membership.

Willing to be most of those teams won't ever top Georgia Tech (who has 5)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spacebump posted:

Having to live somewhere that perpetually smells like corndogs makes LSU fans hilarious.

New Orleans, famously pleasant smelling city.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Does anyone even remember vacated wins?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Spacebump posted:

LMAO a school too scared to Tulane was cheating.

LSU is just pathetic.

Tulane football needs an LSU rivalry for legitimacy, so of course they're avoiding it. You can't be too careful with that sort of thing. Give the smaller program some attention, and what had been a literal clown college is suddenly winning natties and getting all the good recruits.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

YOLOsubmarine posted:

New Orleans, famously pleasant smelling city.

lol YOLO, you've become one of my favorite CFB posters.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Spacebump posted:

lol YOLO, you've become one of my favorite CFB posters.

My brother graduated from Tulane so I actually have a soft spot for the school, but it’s fun to talk poo poo so here we are.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
had a dream last night michigan's first game was against Navy and they lost to a last second pick six and i was devastated our season was already over

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

had a dream last night michigan's first game was against Navy and they lost to a last second pick six and i was devastated our season was already over

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Lady Radia posted:

nightmarish offseason premonition dreams are a common side effect of cfb fandom *nod*

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Lady Radia posted:

From ur keyboard 2 gawd’s ears

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

lmao drat this is a burn thaat I don't understand at all but made me laugh.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

lsu fans smell like corndogs. don’t know why they just do

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

Maybe it's like how binturongs smell like popcorn.

... Of course that means LSU fans' piss smell like corn dogs and they piss all over themselves to leave scent trails for other LSU fans :gonk:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Declan MacManus posted:

That’s not actually corn dogs, it’s the smell of championships.

And maybe some crawfish.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Maybe it's like how binturongs smell like popcorn.

... Of course that means LSU fans' piss smell like corn dogs and they piss all over themselves to leave scent trails for other LSU fans :gonk:

To paraphrase the great Ricky Bobby, when we wake up in the morning, we piss excellence.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1673730411040763904?s=20

"Don't follow state laws" is gonna go over well I'm sure

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You answer to the highest authority of the land: The NCAA

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spaced God posted:

They saw independent state legislature theory die and thought it was an open door to become the highest authority.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
don't talk to the NCAA

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hed posted:

don't talk to the NCAA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spaced God posted:

I'm sure there's some narrow path to be trod between "obeying laws that conflict with state law" and "actually breaking state law".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

General Dog posted:

I'm sure there's some narrow path to be trod between "obeying laws that conflict with state law" and "actually breaking state law".

The NIL decision included wording begging for the NCAA to be brought back and wrecked again. All 9 can't wait to do it again

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
while the correct and good response is always dunking on the ncaa, people are either being kind of clueless or disingenuous here about the ncaa superceding permissive laws in the cases of their regulations being more strict.

like they aren't the only company or regulatory body doing this. it's pretty routine for regulatory boards to have more strict policies than what falls under law. look at how the nfl treats their athletes caught using PEDs that are otherwise perfectly legal. like, just because something's legal doesn't mean they have to abide it in their codes of conduct.

e: ok i didnt actually see question 6 that reads to be extremely loving stupid lol

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 27, 2023

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Takes a special kind of brain genius to lose so hard that the current court sides 9-0 with labor, and then decide you want to try for more

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1673813879066099716

jfc

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RIP.

On a brighter note that reminded me I never looked up Peyton Hillis turned out -- saved the two kids, some lasting lung damage, but out of the hospital and more or less OK.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Awful to hear. Doesn't feel like it was that long ago I watched him tear our heart out in a 2OT game when I was in school but I guess that's been... 13 years now jesus

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ugh, that sucks.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
My friend texted me 'who's got a life raft for Ryan Mallett?'

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

tactlessbastard posted:

My friend texted me 'who's got a life raft for Ryan Mallett?'

:chloe:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They saw independent state legislature theory die and thought it was an open door to become the highest authority.

the powers not expressly reserved by the constitution or ncaa bylaws are granted exclusively to the states pawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I like the “it’s not fair to the other schools that do follow the rules” argument. Sounds like a bunch of six year olds worked on this.