Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

koshmar posted:

The last step request 100 red berry pies as well.

Nice. Well I have 600 of those so easy peasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

koshmar posted:

The last step request 100 red berry pies as well.

Welp. I have the recipe but I'm only cooking level 25.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Holy poo poo being able to craft large nets is a game changer

Bye bye sturdy bows

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Just wait until you can throw 10 large nets at once!

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
drat you game for bribing me with Borgen bucks, I guess the cooking xp is good, too.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

drat you game for bribing me with Borgen bucks, I guess the cooking xp is good, too.

Cooking became tolerable when I got the gold upgrades for it. Now it's just some quick clicking every so often and has become useful. Except pies. Those things suck up an entire inventory full of coal in one pie and then cook for 12 hours. Because why make something take a long time that makes sense (like smoked bacon/ham) when you can make a pie take 12x longer than you'd spend on baking one in reality. The item cost inflation is really getting high.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The XP you get from micromanaging cooking is dependent on how much time is left until it's done. The first stir and taste of a pie is worth almost as much XP as some of the other meals total.

It is complete bullshit busy work but the pies don't take forever just because the dev finds the grind funny.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Always be stirrin.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yep easy to check in every so often and stir/season/taste. Having said that if I ever get to cooking 99 I don’t think I’ll ever make another pie.

8one6
May 20, 2012

The lovely thing was introducing the pies as a source of XP and silver, then waiting a few months and then dropping limited time quests that needed 200 each of the loving things. Hope you weren't selling them for silver.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

that's why you always keep a full inventory of every item in the game at all times

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Kaboobi posted:

that's why you always keep a full inventory of every item in the game at all times

I have learned this the hard way

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
The only thing I sell anymore is fish when I blow my inventory of large nets. Everything else is on lockdown.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Spiked shells at Borgen's, time to open a lot of large chests.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

600 seaweed for this tower quest what the fuuuck

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

1000th PHR had some nice rewards for me.

Also how much does buddy cheat at buddyjack? I lost 3 of my 4 today with 19, 19, and 20, and tied once with 21.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
He had 21 twice today and drew on 20 on another turn. Hmmph

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I mentioned offhand in the apps discord server that there should be a wishing well conversion for cutlasses and one of the devs agreed and said he'd bring it up to firestream. So if cutlasses suddenly get a wishing well exchange, you're welcome.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
It would be nice to know what Buddy's rules are as the dealer, it's also tough that we can't see one of his cards. I get what they were going for but it lacks a lot of the nuances that make blackjack fun.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Son of a… corn jail never really goes away does it

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

monkeytennis posted:

Son of a… corn jail never really goes away does it

Honestly, if you’ve got the keys crack open 100 large chest 3s

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

koshmar posted:

Honestly, if you’ve got the keys crack open 100 large chest 3s

Not a bad shout that, I’m just about maxed out on chests and I don’t normally pay any attention to them at all. Just checked and I have over 5k of those #3s lol. Oh and I found a deck of cards in there with 25 gold inside as well!

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 22, 2023

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm crafting red berry pies for the event quest, I started at 1. It's not actually that bad, with stirring it's only around 6-ish hours per kitchenful, so 3 a day (times 6, now 7 ovens) plus one overnight is definitely possible. I'm at 61 pies right now, and already at 10k mastery too.

What sucks is exploring for 5000 berries a day plus an obscene anoint of coal. I have other stuff to look for too!

Also, I'd pay a good amount of gold for a kitchen notification farm supply perk. The farming notification is great.

NFX fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 23, 2023

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

HOT POTATO + 4TH OF JULY EVENT
- Due to the development break and too many other irons in the fire, the planning for the Hot Potato Event took longer than expected. Because of this, we're going to run it as a combined event with other 4th of July festivities
- The event will be July 2nd through July 5th!

HOW THE HOT POTATO EVENT WILL WORK THIS YEAR
- You will get Hot Potatoes in a few ways: The main being that growing potatoes will include bonus Hot Potatoes at a rate of 10% of the amount of potatoes you harvest. You may also receive them from the Townsfolk hourly.
- Basically, you want to get rid of Hot Potatoes in a couple ways. Daily, the Community Center will request Hot Potatoes. The reward for reaching the goal will be some nice items, but any % over the goal will directly affect the XP/Silver bonus for that day. Max bonus daily will be 30%.
- Additionally, you can give Hot Potatoes to the Temple of Reward for a special Temple Chain with some nice individual rewards. You can contribute to the community goals, go it alone at the Temple of Reward, or do both!

ADDITIONAL EVENT CONTENT
- Look for a number of Special Help Requests
- You'll get extra fish when fishing manually
- We'll have fireworks!
- The bonus tied to the Community Center will affect Skill XP, Silver at Market, Mastery and Friendship XP so it will be a great time to work on many things.

SMALL UPDATES:
- Added an exact search option to 'Find a Player'
- Small bug fixes

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Oh people can SEND me large nets now?

That's pog

8one6
May 20, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Oh people can SEND me large nets now?

That's pog

Message me in game (same username) and I'll fill your mailbox with large nets.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This quest can suck my nuts

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Nice, I’m at 4500/5000 relying solely on gb07s

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The last 90 took me a solid 15 min of tapping with food going. I got tired of waiting.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I have to say a big thanks to the goons who keep my mailbox stuffed with OJ and large nets

I'm very active (but unfortunately bri ish) so I keep my mailbox clear when I'm awake usually

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I started this a bit ago (as "Shine" at "Draculas what Castle") and it has been a very satisfying number-go-up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You need to make your mailbox hella bigger.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nice, thank you! I expanded it to 20 with some gold.

I just got the sawmill, so the silver is starting to roll in. Looking forward to buying thousands of anonymous pigs.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
The 500 gold orchard upgrade is on sale now, 100g off. Didn't think that would happen.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I think it's random, but I was saving buying that perk just in case for another month. The vast majority of that upgrade would have been voided if I had bought it earlier.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

You need to make your mailbox bigger.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Got it up to 60; I appreciate all the nets and juice that folks are sending! I'll get to a point where I can pay it forward, I'm sure.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Almost free of corn jail…

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

Almost free of corn jail…

I am like over half way through. I've been focusing on the cabbage jail and I'm almost through that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I am like over half way through. I've been focusing on the cabbage jail and I'm almost through that.

I'm up to cabbage jail XV. Really glad I have rice sitting around.