Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

the exact story from the family continues to change, but the patient has an explosive hobby.

Now he looks like ribbons

Speaking of ribbons.

Dude I know once was getting a heat pump - basically an air conditioner out of a box one time and the cardboard slipped and his hands both of them - ran down the grating and he ended up with paper cuts on steroids at 1mm intervals over his palms and fingers.

Just this slow welling of blood across every part of his fingers and hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Whelp, just saw the trauma case that lets me know I can handle anything and not get nauseous

I have arrived.

Oddly, trauma never really bothers me. The only couple cases that got me nauseous were bad smells in gross houses from neglected patients and almost always medical.

:nms:
One highlight was a diabetic nursing home pt a couple years ago who’d had a gangrenous fasciotomy. The staff wrapped him w dry dressings and he slipped, striking his heel on the floor. The next morning they called because there was a 5’ diameter pool of blood on the floor and he was confused as hell. I had to carefully strip those saturated bandages off that entire foot with exposed tendons and poo poo everywhere, smelling like pus and death, then pack and pressure dress the bleeder with impregnated gauze, then treat aggressively for shock. The mess was incredible.:nms:

More recently I had a demented lady who laid in UTI piss for 3 days and when we broke the seal on the bed trying to get her on a tarp to move, the ammonia smell was so strong my tongue was tingling.

I’ve never actually vomited from a call, but I’d say there were probably 5 calls total where I got the nausea.

BlindSite posted:

Speaking of ribbons.

Dude I know once was getting a heat pump - basically an air conditioner out of a box one time and the cardboard slipped and his hands both of them - ran down the grating and he ended up with paper cuts on steroids at 1mm intervals over his palms and fingers.

Having mandolin-sliced myself more than once, this post physically hurt me.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Rectal Placenta posted:

So a receiver for the Bears?

:perfect:

LeeMajors posted:

Having mandolin-sliced myself more than once, this post physically hurt me.

Yeah, I'm about to put the air conditioners in for the summer and uh...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Uh, mission accomplished I guess :911:

https://twitter.com/AKBrews/status/1671961931911929875?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The more that comes out about this guy/company the more shocked I am anyone got in that death trap

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God bless rich idiots who kill themselves in entertaining ways.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

The earlier iron man suits look better too I think. The weird foam rubber ones they used towards the end looked a little fake to me.

The first movie used the best looking suit Iron Man ever had in the comics as the starter, it was all going to be downhill from there

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits since I finished TOTK and I’m loving it. It was on PS+, I think it still is and it’s a fun little game, but the game is just super pretty.

You get these little buddies that follow you around that are basically just little black balls with eyes but one of the collectibles through the game are hats that you can put on them :3:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Speaking of ribbons.

I did that at a warehouse I was working at in my early 20s. Breaking down a pallet of paper shredders and for some reason the seams of the cardboard boxes were serrated. Let one slide down out of my grip and left a deep clean slice right down my entire palm. Whole lotta blood.
The paper shredder became the people shredder.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I appreciate Windows98 & their watchew.me site showing Titanic today.

Movie still slaps.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Speaking of ribbons, go ahead and Google image search newborn baby horse hooves.

It is unpleasant.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Intruder posted:

Same but some of them are getting hard because I need the blue version of a moblin horn or something
This does suck a bit because of the way the stealth-level system works (assuming it works the same way as BotW) but I think there are certain areas where the enemy levels are fixed

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve been playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits since I finished TOTK and I’m loving it. It was on PS+, I think it still is and it’s a fun little game, but the game is just super pretty.

You get these little buddies that follow you around that are basically just little black balls with eyes but one of the collectibles through the game are hats that you can put on them :3:

I played it a couple of months ago, and yeah, it's fun. It's such a well-animated game, and the combat is surprisingly more complex than I expected

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Speaking of ribbons, go ahead and Google image search newborn baby horse hooves.

It is unpleasant.

Wow, that's crazy stuff. Weird how nature works that way to add something just for the sake of giving birth, and then they almost immediately fall off.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

Wow, that's crazy stuff. Weird how nature works that way to add something just for the sake of giving birth, and then they almost immediately fall off.

Right?? And heck I don’t get the design at all. Seems like regular feets would be easier for birth anyway.

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 23, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

You know it’s a delicacy somewhere

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

if they're anything like chicken feet, i'm on board

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I appreciate Windows98 & their watchew.me site showing Titanic today.

Movie still slaps.

I unabashedly still love that movie so much. Truly I am a pre-teen of the late 90s.

The trauma discussion reminded me how much I dreaded going out on hoardin/unlivable environment calls. I had one where the parent was hoarding a variety of animals and :nms:they were leaving their rotting corpses in buckets, butchering the chickens and rabbits in the back yard and burning them, and some dessicated baby bunnies on the floor. On top of that their living animals were in really bad shape and kids were incredbly rough with them. That's on top of the smell and rotting food. Probably the top of my top 10 physical horror show houses.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Fifty Three posted:

This does suck a bit because of the way the stealth-level system works (assuming it works the same way as BotW) but I think there are certain areas where the enemy levels are fixed

It works pretty much the same way, usually it'll be mostly black level enemies with a couple silver or all red with one silver

I guess I need to figure out where the permanently blue guys are

The silver boss bokoblin with a group of silver bokoblin minions make for some huge battles whenever I decide not to just cheese them with zonai stuff

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
I've never seen Titanic but I remember the 2 VHS box set at our house.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Would you guys agree that the color red has the coolest names. Crimson, scarlet, vermilion, incarnadine, ruby.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

Would you guys agree that the color red has the coolest names. Crimson, scarlet, vermilion, incarnadine, ruby.

Those are pretty good, though I always thought that vermilion was more orange-yellow than red. No I did I not look it up before making this post.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

They're good, but I'm also partial to the blues. Ocean, Cobalt, Admiral, Navy, Peacock, Indigo, and Sapphire.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jesus. Just go ahead and say "Hamish Harding, he hosed around and found out."

https://twitter.com/lint_ax/status/1671977202257109023?s=20

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have hard time picturing color shades when I'm reading, so sometimes I end up having to look them up. The crimson/auburn/vermillion always gets me. I'm currently re-reading The Tale of Genji and it's full of minute discriptions of different shades of color or color combinations so it's fun.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Chartreuse is a cool color.

Same as Cerulean.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Those are pretty good, though I always thought that vermilion was more orange-yellow than red. No I did I not look it up before making this post.

I think this is because of the original Pokémon games. Vermillion City is rendered in an orangeish-yellow color and I always just assumed that was what vermillion was.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've been obsessed with Klein Blue ever since I read Pattern Recognition and it said this one character had a Klein Blue suit. I want like a Klein Blue shirt or something, but it's basically impossible to find since any time you google "Klein" and clothing you get a bunch of Calvin Klein stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I think this is because of the original Pokémon games. Vermillion City is rendered in an orangeish-yellow color and I always just assumed that was what vermillion was.

Pretty sure everything in the original Pokemon games was rendered in green.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Reading the Oceangate ceo's email exchanges with people in the tiny deep dive sub industry telling him yo you gonna get people killed, predictably said nuh uh. Real "industry disruptor" energy.

Looks like he found out welds are something that also can be disrupted

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Freaquency posted:

My first time hearing "vermillion" was Calvin describing his Stupendous Man outfit

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Looks like he found out welds cell membranes are something that also can be disrupted

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

When you think about it, the ocean is basically a big bowl of soup

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The worst color name is puce.

For blue, I like azure, for purples, lavender is a favorite, and for yellows, goldenrod is my preference.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Pretty sure everything in the original Pokemon games was rendered in green.

The first time I played it was on a Gameboy Color :smug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Girlfriend has a game called Hues and Cues where on your turn, you have to say a word to designate a color, and everyone else has to put a marker on a big hue swatch board on what they think the swatch you picked from your hidden card is.

Her and her mom, brother and his GF are all artsy, creative and paint stuff, while her dad was a Trade Union painter for decades. I am neither of those things. I am bad at Hues and Cues.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Huh

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1672242222060773384?t=HY00OcDJDWGYWWRrvrBV9g&s=19

I have been pretty critical of Biden on this issue in particular, but props to his admin for actually doing good and not jsut abdanoning it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Freaquency posted:

The first time I played it was on a Gameboy Color :smug:

Then you didn't play the original Pokemon games.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Right?? And heck I don’t get the design at all. Seems like regular feets would be easier for birth anyway.

Evolution doesn't optimize, it just gets to the point of good-enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Then you didn't play the original Pokemon games.

Go take your meds, grandpa :jerkbag: