Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

look at those IQs lmao

source: "the gaurdian" :shuckyes:

i don't know if it's covid or basic societal decline but the number of basic-rear end typos in mass media seems to be skyrocketing. don't they see the red squiggle underlines or what

Polo-Rican has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Jun 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Polo-Rican posted:

i don't know if it's covid or basic societal decline but the number of basic-rear end typos in mass media seems to be skyrocketing. don't they see the red squiggle underlines or what

media cost cutting has resulted in tons of editors being laid off

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1671515897205325825?cxt=HHwWgoC8lce2tbIuAAAA

Idk kind of confirms my suspicion he has several idiots managing his tweets and they include 4chan/groyper nazis

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

ben shapino posted:

"musk has a 4 inch height advantage"

5'7" vs 6'1"

lol

Oh come on now! I don't even live in the USA and I had to learn your stupid loving base 12 system. The rest of us have to know and use the two systems interchangeably and Americans can't even get their own system right.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

LegoMan posted:

I wanted to destroy something boerful

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Virtual Russian posted:

Oh come on now! I don't even live in the USA and I had to learn your stupid loving base 12 system. The rest of us have to know and use the two systems interchangeably and Americans can't even get their own system right.

kilomad?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

LegoMan posted:

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Glumwheels posted:

Idk kind of confirms my suspicion he has several idiots managing his tweets and they include 4chan/groyper nazis

i'm gonna go with occam and say musk is just a racist idiot that is perpetually online

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

https://youtube.com/shorts/TT9ArM3-KJQ?feature=share

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mola Yam posted:

hey thread

what's elon musk's wrestling name

Broky

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mola Yam posted:

hey thread

something racist

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Mola Yam posted:

hey thread

EM Punk

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Where's the predictit link?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Glumwheels posted:

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1671515897205325825?cxt=HHwWgoC8lce2tbIuAAAA

lol 90% of the comments are defending Musk

the idea that Musk could respond to anyone else regarding the stabbing instead of just going with the most Islamophobic source he could if he wanted to make his opinion known will never cross their minds

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidrvetter/st...ingawful.com%2F

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

kinda thought this was fake at first which shows how dumb I am but yup

such complex, unknowable politics

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

LegoMan posted:

With a replica gun between your teeth you speak only in vowels

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

this is displaying the number of subscriptions he has, not his subscriber count, so he's subscribed to 88 people. so yeah he definitely intentionally did that because it was much lower not too long ago

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Someone put his rear end in a submarine

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

waiting for him to gaslight someone and call them a conspiracy theorist for noticing that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm not sure that he's a true Hitler devotee but he's for sure the kind of shithead who goes "ha ha got you as if I'm a nazi how funny I am don't you agree mein freund?"

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Last Chance posted:

waiting for him to gaslight someone and call them a conspiracy theorist for noticing that

it was a rogue woke programmer trying to make him look bad

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

why does anyone still use Twitter

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Der Meister posted:

Because they are addicted and lying to themselves

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
so they can post the ads they see in this thread every day and complain about how bad twitter is

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm ready for this Musk/Zuck fight, I am going to reverse mortagage my house and put it all on Macho Man. Randy Savage comes in off the top of the Octagon with a flying Elbow drop on Musk and begins leg dropping Musks face. Musk, stunned by the Macho Man, he attempts to block the attack, however to no avail. Musk begins letting out out high pitched cries for help as Randy Savage continues his onslaught. Savage picks musk up by his hair, and pulls his face close in to his.

-Savage: "I Installed Tesla Autopilot on these arms right heereee, and they're destination is your face!!!!"

Savage raises a closed fist and hammer drives a solid connection to Musks head.

Unfettered by witnessing this attack, Zuckerburg goes immediately into ground defense position. He lifts up a flap on his arm and types in a code on his implanted wrist tablet. Leaves begin forming around Zuckerburg in exact fashion as seen in Megan Man 2 after acquiring wood man powers. Randy Savage turns to Zuck, while Musk is being carried In Savages arms. He tosses Musk out of the ring into a mobile popcorn stand. Musk is coated in liquid butter.

-Savage: "ooh... I got your A.I......RIIGHT HERREE!!"

Randy Man Savage looks up towards the sky and begins shouting, all while raising his fists up to the heavens. A beam of pure, white energy descends from beyond the ceiling, piercing it as if the ceiling never existed. Savage is engulfed in the energy, all but his two fists that appear to be clenching ever so forcefully as time passes. Randy unleashes a powerful yelp as the beam of energy stops instantly. The lights in the arena flicker for a few seconds and a loud clash of thunder is heard off in the distance. The audience, stunned and afraid, turn their eyes to Randy Savage....However.... Randy had changed...

Savage, emerged from the energy, was transformed into Cloud From the hit video Game Final Fantasy VII. Ultima Weapon in hand, Savage Readies himself.

-Savage: "Musk's Dyin'...Zuck....Mwhahahahhaah!!!"

Savage leaps into an ultima attack as Zuck throws a barrage of leaves at hurricane speed towards Savage.

TUNE IN TO THE FIGHT TO SEE THE RESULTS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Danny LaFever posted:

Oil up like Peterson suggested. You can slip any holds zuck tries.

Oil up three Musks and label them "1", "2" and "4".
Oh wait, no, that was "three pigs".

On second thought, what's the difference?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

a.lo posted:

mom says i cant go to the cage match

been there before.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
you wouldn't steal a meme, would you?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i got some bad news about macho man randy savage

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Polo-Rican posted:

The Guardian itself has been infamous for typographical errors for decades, it's commonly referred to as the Grauniad

Once it had to publish a corrections column that apologised for the previous day's corrections column, as they had misspelled the word "misspelled"

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Der Meister posted:

I'm a weird gently caress that didn't start using twitter until just before musk took over. it's got that constant car-wreck energy that's hard to look away from. dunking on chuds is a fun bonus

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Der Meister posted:

It's still the fastest and easiest source for breaking news about any number of subjects, especially the ones you aren't likely to see on the front page of CNN or the BBC or Fox or whatever. And it will be until something better comes along and the people who break the news switch platforms.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Wheeee posted:

i got some bad news about macho man randy savage

Oh no does he subscribe to Twitter blue

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

elon and zuck doing the fusion dance to become elmark zusk

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

i'm gonna go with occam and say musk is just a racist idiot that is perpetually online

it's kind of like that ron paul thing that even if it's not him writing it he's signing off on someone else writing racist poo poo and using his name so it doesn't really matter

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Polo-Rican posted:

Editors dont exist anymore. Published articles get the same level of review as an email, a quick scan by the person who wrote it and then hit send.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I'm a weird gently caress that didn't start using twitter until just before musk took over. it's got that constant car-wreck energy that's hard to look away from. dunking on chuds is a fun bonus

:same:

Pre Musk it was less echo chamber-y so when some chud posted something you'd see a bunch of leftists chime in and get some dunks in, and many more back and forth slapfights. Right wingers were quicker to block you or loudly whine about cancel culture if you posted some zinger in their threads.

Now, it's more one sided as a lot of the witty leftists moved on but also chuds now almost never block people, perhaps banking on simply getting them banned. The progressively weirder ads make the whole place feel like kind of a hillbilly swap meet where you go mainly to gawk at people and eavesdrop on their inane conversations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the trajectory the Twitter ads are taking honestly feels like a very good slow-burn comedy bit that Tim Heidecker would write. like you have the A-plot fascism stuff in the foreground and the B-plot collapse of twitters functionality and then as a running joke in the background ads just get weirder and weirder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who needs "breaking news" speed im all it got a hour+ simmer first for bullshit to cook out before I even touch the news