Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

SettingSun posted:

They haven't put out so much as a hotfix all week. My guess is they're preparing the big patch they hinted at in the fireside chat.

Yeah I’ve been checking for patch notes daily

I like the bones of the game and how it feels but I just want to wade through an endless sea of dudes to murder and I’m not seeing a way to do that right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Whatever happens with s1, I hope they lean away from the "must log on now!!" Type stuff like world bosses and helltides. I just finished the campaign and farted around in wt3 last night and I gotta agree with the people who said the campaign was great but the end game is a little thin

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Good Citizen posted:

I like the bones of the game and how it feels but I just want to wade through an endless sea of dudes to murder and I’m not seeing a way to do that right now

Helltides

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
or pvp zone or about half of the higher level nmds

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Magus42 posted:

No. You can't extract an imprinted aspect. Only a dropped one.

You can imprint over an existing legendary power, yes.

explosivo posted:

No, you can't extract an imprinted aspect so that will be locked in after applying it to a new weapon. You can imprint on legendaries but it replaces the aspect that's currently on there. This is good for when you find a legendary with kind of a mid aspect but the rest of the stats are good.

Edit: beaten!
Thanks. Is there a good barometer for knowing when it's time to extract? Currently lvl 52 and just moved to World Tier 3. Not really struggling to kill anything but I'm finding some weapons with several hundred more DPS than my current weapon

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

soscannonballs posted:

For me they do about 150k-200k which isn't very much compared to the actual Bone Spear. The stats on the helm are good, you can't normally get crit damage on helm slot. I use Deathless for farming stuff but swap to a different helmet for higher tier nm dungeons

Thanks, I was leaning that way as well.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Time posted:

Helltides

HT's are not nearly dense enough.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Away all Goats posted:

Thanks. Is there a good barometer for knowing when it's time to extract? Currently lvl 52 and just moved to World Tier 3. Not really struggling to kill anything but I'm finding some weapons with several hundred more DPS than my current weapon

I would find a good rare amulet, extract from weapon and imprint on amulet. If you're just starting t3 youre gonna get serious weapon damage upgrades and need those to keep competitive

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

trevorreznik posted:

I would find a good rare amulet, extract from weapon and imprint on amulet. If you're just starting t3 youre gonna get serious weapon damage upgrades and need those to keep competitive

Agreed. While the extra oomph from a 2h aspect is nice, putting build defining powers on other slots can be good so that you can always keep your weapon up to date. Weapon damage is important.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

bamhand posted:

HT's are not nearly dense enough.

lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

trevorreznik posted:

:aaa: I did not even know that is possible. Thanks!

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 23, 2023

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Tried replaying the campaign and focusing entirely on main storyline quest with almost no side activities.

I gotta say, Lilith hits very hard if you try to do her fight at level 31.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Aren't helltides like once an hour? Or is it more when you bump up the tiers?

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Tried replaying the campaign and focusing entirely on main storyline quest with almost no side activities.

I gotta say, Lilith hits very hard if you try to do her fight at level 31.

I was way over levelled and yawned my way through that fight haha, it was fun though.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

until they fix it you can do the endless nightmare dungeon farm thing. get a key for a dungeon you like, enter it, TP, go to any other dungeon and complete one objective, TP. ride back to your NM dungeon and it resets every time you tp, until you actually complete it. it's kinda like rifts, honestly, but you miss out on glyph xp since you can't finish the dungeon. but you can murder many, many monsters with effectively zero downtime. i'm sure they will fix this eventually and it only works solo, though.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Field Mousepad posted:

Aren't helltides like once an hour? Or is it more when you bump up the tiers?

They are technically once every 1 hour and 55 minutes or so and last for an hour.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Fun bugs today while clearing out dungeons for the codex. In one the objective was to kill every enemy but the Butcher spawned behind the locked door which made it unbeatable. In another the halfway boss somehow got flagged as "Fight in progress" and I couldn't enter.

Also something was wrong with the Butcher, he was spawning in almost every dungeon.

Magus42 posted:

Oh is that why some cellars end up not showing as completed?

They reset periodically, I've definitely run past ones I know I completed and they are no longer checked off. Might be the same for dungeons with no aspect unlock? They certainly don't count for completion.

edit: Running dungeons has me wanting a portable waypoint feature. I haven't internalized the map layouts yet so I keep finding the end before all the objectives, which results in a long walk of shame back through empty corridors. Let me drop a banner and teleport back to it later, they could even sell cosmetics for them. Or enable mounts in dungeons, but that seems a lot more immersion breaking.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 23, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I went into a cellar at level 3 and the butcher was there wtf.

On the plus side my full minion necro can tank him at level 64.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Feeling smug. Just finished my first 4 chest wt4 helltide solo

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Swilo posted:

edit: Running dungeons has me wanting a portable waypoint feature. I haven't internalized the map layouts yet so I keep finding the end before all the objectives, which results in a long walk of shame back through empty corridors. Let me drop a banner and teleport back to it later, they could even sell cosmetics for them. Or enable mounts in dungeons, but that seems a lot more immersion breaking.

There's at least one dungeon I remember doing where there was like, a central door that would open after killing two named mobs. Killing the named mobs at the ends of the hallways dropped a loving teleporter that took you back to the door. More of that please.

Really just put something very similar to waypoints you can teleport to once you "explored" them. Or let me freely teleport to explored parts of the map. Something. Your "droppable banner you can port to" is actually a great idea.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Some helltide zones have terrible density no matter where you go. On WT3 it's indistinguishable from the normal open world in some cases, and I'm not just talking about the hallway areas which are always empty for no reason

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
When I was hearing about Helltides and Strongholds pre-release I was hoping the map would be more dynamic and you'd end up taking and losing parts of it to hell forces. I want to see huge armies pouring out of portals, big bosses heading to towns to gently caress them up, etc.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

kaxman posted:

There's at least one dungeon I remember doing where there was like, a central door that would open after killing two named mobs. Killing the named mobs at the ends of the hallways dropped a loving teleporter that took you back to the door. More of that please.

Really just put something very similar to waypoints you can teleport to once you "explored" them. Or let me freely teleport to explored parts of the map. Something. Your "droppable banner you can port to" is actually a great idea.

I know D3 hate contingent is large here but I wouldn't have minded the greater rift system being copied here where you just get a random dungeon tileset , and once you fill monster kill bar the boss telepots in right next to you. I guess they really wanted ppl picking up stone things and placing them and not missing out on aspects

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tokubetsu posted:

I know D3 hate contingent is large here but I wouldn't have minded the greater rift system being copied here where you just get a random dungeon tileset , and once you fill monster kill bar the boss telepots in right next to you. I guess they really wanted ppl picking up stone things and placing them and not missing out on aspects
I love d3 and the rift system was good. I think it's ok for now that the endgame is different in d4 but the current dungeon objective stuff kinda sucks. I hope it is reworked in some way.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Sucks they cant just hotfix the T4 world boss cache being 80+ only I keep forgetting to drop down before I do one.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't mind the dungeon design itself but for rogue at least it's been a binary easy or get one shot. No real difficult in between. D3 devs learned early that you need enemy damage to scale up much slower than their HP. Don't think D4 got the memo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Tokubetsu posted:

Sucks they cant just hotfix the T4 world boss cache being 80+ only I keep forgetting to drop down before I do one.
Just get to level 80. :smugdog:

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Diephoon posted:

When I was hearing about Helltides and Strongholds pre-release I was hoping the map would be more dynamic and you'd end up taking and losing parts of it to hell forces. I want to see huge armies pouring out of portals, big bosses heading to towns to gently caress them up, etc.

Sorry , every town is 10 civilians surrounded by a thousand corpses the demons put up outside

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Tokubetsu posted:

I just did my first t3 world boss, portaled to town, opened the cache, and stepped back though the portal on accident , losing most of it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hashy posted:

Some helltide zones have terrible density no matter where you go. On WT3 it's indistinguishable from the normal open world in some cases, and I'm not just talking about the hallway areas which are always empty for no reason

I’ve definitely had some where I’ve had to run for what felt like ages to find more than a couple enemies.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I've done a dozen or so helltides and I've never had more than 10 seconds between mobs.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tokubetsu posted:

I like some of the affix gimmicks of NM dungeon, but my ideal system would be a mix of d3 rifts/last epoch monoliths/d4 NMD affixes where you're given a random tileset without having to travel somewhere and some quicker objective so you can play a quick session or chain dungeons for hours. And then throw in the more fun d4 nmd affixes so that it isn't too monotonous

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 24, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

bamhand posted:

I don't mind the dungeon design itself but for rogue at least it's been a binary easy or get one shot. No real difficult in between. D3 devs learned early that you need enemy damage to scale up much slower than their HP. Don't think D4 got the memo.

build issue

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I should really put Dash and Shadowstep on the mouse buttons, those are the ones I need position with. I'm just so used to "left click is basic attack and right click is stronger attack, hotkeys are for splashy skills and cooldowns". It's a habit I'll eventually break, like when I used to use arrow keys for movement in Doom before the glory days of WASD.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Tokubetsu posted:

Lakbay posted:

I like some of the affix gimmicks of NM dungeon, but my ideal system would be a mix of d3 rifts/last epoch monoliths/d4 NMD affixes where you're given a random tileset without having to travel somewhere and some quicker objective so you can play a quick session or chain dungeons for hours. And then throw in the more fun d4 nmd affixes so that it isn't too monotonous

yup.w owudl like to see them delete all dungeons for a straight line where i walk forward and do not interact with anything other than holding down one button to make everything die and then the boss teleports in and instantly dies and gives me 5 uniques.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've stopped the Barb.

I'm concentrating on a Summoning Necro Build.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

almost level 70 as necro. it's been a tougher road but still enjoying it. cant wait to try other classes and for the season pass, truly one of the strongest video games on any platforms in 2023.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

I should really put Dash and Shadowstep on the mouse buttons, those are the ones I need position with. I'm just so used to "left click is basic attack and right click is stronger attack, hotkeys are for splashy skills and cooldowns". It's a habit I'll eventually break, like when I used to use arrow keys for movement in Doom before the glory days of WASD.

thats a bad habit.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

time to use arrow keys for movement in D4

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Diephoon posted:

yeah there could definitely be more to the helltides. the siege outside harrogath in lod felt like more of a threat

some of the stronghold quests are kind of cool but it takes like 2 minutes to clear them and then the legion events are nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The one pervert who has whirlwind on the 2 key instead of right click is making me sick.

It's because if you right-click on top of loot nothing happens and it becomes a huge problem in tight areas with lots of enemies that drop lots of stuff.