Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
This sucks

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1672306067445874688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Second season is mostly done too, so I am sure it will pop up on Netflix or Hulu. Hell, maybe Disney+ will package it next to The Orville.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Wife picked up Stick of Truth and some other South Park game bundle on sale. I’m really enjoying it, surprised me. I remember her playing it while she was pregnant with our first kid way back when but not giving it a chance.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

swickles posted:

Second season is mostly done too, so I am sure it will pop up on Netflix or Hulu. Hell, maybe Disney+ will package it next to The Orville.

https://twitter.com/TVMoJoe/status/1672304020835401728

like it'll pop up on tubi or something similar

feels like tv is becoming even more disposable now

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's bizarre because they won't air these shows on TV so most channels are effectively just constant reruns of TV/movies but they still don't have the patience to put them on streaming networks either. Just an absolutely bizarre way of doing business and it's like, no loving wonder the writers are striking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They're doing poo poo like this to punish writers who are currently on strike to deny them royalties.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

Wife picked up Stick of Truth and some other South Park game bundle on sale. I’m really enjoying it, surprised me. I remember her playing it while she was pregnant with our first kid way back when but not giving it a chance.

It’s a weirdly decent RPG, you just have to put up with all the South Parkiness of it

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Air Skwirl posted:

Then you didn't play the original Pokemon games.

I don't even understand the assertion, Red and Blue were released in North America less than two months before the Game Boy Color.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I thought this was Lower Decks before the tweet loaded and was about to get Real Mad.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I don't even understand the assertion, Red and Blue were released in North America less than two months before the Game Boy Color.

The Super Gameboy also exists.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blowjob Overtime posted:

They came out in Japan like a year before. Version Green supremacy :japan:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I thought this was Lower Decks before the tweet loaded and was about to get Real Mad.

Nothing is safe in this era of streaming. The minute Lower Decks costs a dollar more to make they are cancelling it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If paramount plus cancels evil I’ll riot

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Russia might be entering the cool zone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

Russia might be entering the cool zone.

Like nuclear winter cool?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Like nuclear winter cool?

Like the privatized portion of their military might be in armed rebellion and apparently the regular military tried to ice their leader.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

alas neither side has Metal Gear

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

If paramount plus cancels evil I’ll riot

Oh is that still going? I remember catching bits of the first season and it was a good weird time. Really loved the bad guy from LOST (whose name I should remember) as the therapist taking orders from the Devil. At one point he tells one of his clients to join Stormfront :laffo:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

C-Euro posted:

Oh is that still going? I remember catching bits of the first season and it was a good weird time. Really loved the bad guy from LOST (whose name I should remember) as the therapist taking orders from the Devil. At one point he tells one of his clients to join Stormfront :laffo:

Oh man it’s gotten even better and somehow wilder. It’s easily one of the my favorite shows.

The commentary on society is hamfisted at times but it’s so drat accurate

The mom from “Good News” is a nun who sees demons and god somehow she makes it.. funny?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Welp gotta call in 15 minutes to find out if I have to report for jury duty on Monday. Then the rest of next week because it's an all week on call thing now? It's been like 13 years since I was last called.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
V happy with dinner tonight

See if you can find the lurking dog go

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just got home from the gym and would eat everything pictured there twice. Nice.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

swickles posted:

Nothing is safe in this era of streaming. The minute Lower Decks costs a dollar more to make they are cancelling it.

Yeah. For as dumb as WBD has been, it really feels like once they started canceling and removing shows en masse, everyone else followed their example and started doing the same.

Kalli posted:

Like the privatized portion of their military might be in armed rebellion and apparently the regular military tried to ice their leader.

Haha wow

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good lord our night is like identical down to the color I stained a porch

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just got pointed at this thread and it's very good.

https://twitter.com/yesterdaysprint/status/1382501127111933954

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1382501127111933954.html

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Similar energy:

(That's salmon I'm getting in a dry brine to cure for smoking)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So the main Russian mercenary group (Wagner group) in Ukraine is either launching a coup attempt against Putin or it's an extremely convincing Ukrainian propaganda attempt at sowing confusion that has led to an arrest warrant for the head of said mercenary company

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1672402289393295360

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 24, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Welp gotta call in 15 minutes to find out if I have to report for jury duty on Monday. Then the rest of next week because it's an all week on call thing now? It's been like 13 years since I was last called.

I get a notice almost every year, but I've never actually had to show up. The all week thing is new, I got notice in 2022 and then checked the website the day before and it told me "nah, we don't need you" this was King County superior court. You're in Seattle too, right?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Air Skwirl posted:

I get a notice almost every year, but I've never actually had to show up. The all week thing is new, I got notice in 2022 and then checked the website the day before and it told me "nah, we don't need you" this was King County superior court. You're in Seattle too, right?

That's definitely not a Mass thing. Mine was show up for one day and if you don't get impaneled welp see you in three years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

So the main Russian mercenary group (Wagner group) in Ukraine is either launching a coup attempt against Putin or it's an extremely convincing Ukrainian propaganda attempt at sowing confusion that has led to an arrest warrant for the head of said mercenary company

Yeah I've been following this since last night and the narratives flying around are extremely weird and none of this makes any sense.

The head of the Wagner group (Prigozhin) is beefing with one of the top Russian generals (Valery Gerasimov) apparently who hes blaming for a missile attack on Wagner forces.

-Some media outlets are saying they were hit because of (from a russian perspective) cowardice and don't want to be there.
-The other narrative is that the mercs couldn't advance from their position because they were low on ammunition and other supplies and this general saw it as a chance to hurt the Wagner group and it's leader.
-Russia is saying they didn't strike at the Wagner forces at all and there's rumors it was actually the Ukraine / partner forces that did it.

Then there's
-talk that Wagner wanted to stage a coup
-Wagner didn't try to stage a coup and they wanted a show of force to force Russia's hand and arrest those responsible so they can have "justice"

To be perfectly honest without being a native Russian speaker - it's kind of impossible to parse what the gently caress has actually happened but I find both cases
1. It's a psyop and russia didn't bomb its own aux merc force because sewing confusion and fracture in enemy forces is just a good idea
2. The Russians have generals they can't fully control who hate Wagner leadership who bombed em out of spite/cowardice/whatever and its opened a crazy can of worms

Not that crazy all things considered.

There is some Q conspiracy level stupidity thats saying Russia is pulling the strings and its a fake fight hoping to draw Ukraine forces into over extending in some kind of "trust the plan" bullshit. The real thing is though that the botfarms are firing the gently caress up pushing either one of the two above narratives like crazy today and we probably won't know whats actually going on for a little while.

Edit: Just to be clear though, The Kremlin has said what Prigozhin reportedly said amounts to calling for Mutiny. There's questions over the veracity of the statement from the Wagner leader at all though because the audio of the statement was taken from a loving telegram channel's voice message and can't be properly verified and people are questioning the audio - hence my "without being a native russian speaker" comment, because I could listen to the recording all day and not know what he's saying and or if it fits with how the dude would normally say it.

Edit 2: Even the best news sources at the moment can't verify if there has been movement at all from Wagner forces but they have verified that Moscow has increased the presence of national guard and police and is at a heightened state of readiness but that would make sense for either scenario.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 24, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I feel like there's also the exceedingly small possibility that Putin is looking for an excuse to sue for peace with lines more or less where they are now and build his forces back up for a few years.

But really our only sources of information for any of this right now are the Russian Press (which is the Kremlin), the Russian Army, which is not exactly the most reliable source of information, and the leader of the freaking Wagner group. We just don't and can't know anything yet, there's no independent verification of anything so far from what I can tell.

e: beat me to it with your edit. It does appear that something is going on, we just have no idea what and cannot at the moment.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 24, 2023

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Good lord our night is like identical down to the color I stained a porch

I didn’t stain this porch and I hate the color :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Funniest thing coming from the situation in Rostov so far:
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1672431979327807489?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
Because it immediately made me think of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssz_uHXu5-8

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like there's also the exceedingly small possibility that Putin is looking for an excuse to sue for peace with lines more or less where they are now and build his forces back up for a few years.

But really our only sources of information for any of this right now are the Russian Press (which is the Kremlin), the Russian Army, which is not exactly the most reliable source of information, and the leader of the freaking Wagner group. We just don't and can't know anything yet, there's no independent verification of anything so far from what I can tell.

e: beat me to it with your edit. It does appear that something is going on, we just have no idea what and cannot at the moment.

Putin has been pretty one note on his message that he wants the previously negotiated deal to be re established ensuring their security and protection of ethnic Russians.

He even publicised the peace deal Turkey brokered before the invasion that Boris Johnson torpedoed at the 11th hour.

The Russian hegemony argument is never one that made any sense but I see why the western media liked pulling on the reins of "he's literally Hitler!!!!!" Or "he wants to re-establish the USSR" for those member Berry dont question how this conflict got so bad feels.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Putin has been pretty one note on his message that he wants the previously negotiated deal to be re established ensuring their security and protection of ethnic Russians.

He even publicised the peace deal Turkey brokered before the invasion that Boris Johnson torpedoed at the 11th hour.

The Russian hegemony argument is never one that made any sense but I see why the western media liked pulling on the reins of "he's literally Hitler!!!!!" Or "he wants to re-establish the USSR" for those member Berry dont question how this conflict got so bad feels.

He literally tried to assassinate the Ukrainian president

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

He literally tried to assassinate the Ukrainian president

That has absolutely nothing to do with how he got there or the reasons for the conflict.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Can't verify but :lmao: if it's true:
https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1672445879465431044?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

That has absolutely nothing to do with how he got there or the reasons for the conflict.

I’d say it’s a pretty good indicator he’s not just trying to protect ethnic Russians and maybe he started this poo poo as a little more than that given it was on day one

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stop listening to Blindsite and go get the real info

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1672449071808753664?t=XYDZwQJUhryMQ5JCWlgDfA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I’d say it’s a pretty good indicator he’s not just trying to protect ethnic Russians and maybe he started this poo poo as a little more than that given it was on day one

If Russia had overthrown the Canadian government twice in ten years using neo nazi militias, threatened to kick the united states military off it's bases in Alaska and killed between 5,000 and 20,000 people while pouring weapons, equipment and trainers into the country you wouldn't think the United States military might cross the border and might have a crack at the puppet in charge?