Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs giving the fanbase hope before the free agency is cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Unless they decide to cheap out why would Milwaukee ever let him go?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Put Lopez next to Wemby

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Calidus posted:

Put Lopez next to Wemby

I feel like even Bertans may look good next to Wemby.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It’s Wembsday my dudes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Free money is free money

That's what the dude who bet on Virginia thought a few years ago

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Intruder posted:

That's what the dude who bet on Virginia thought a few years ago

You could also easily make $300 by parking that $60k in a High Yield Savings account with no risk at all.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

OzFactor posted:

I know it gets said every couple pages but goddamn Victor is tall as hell. Noah is 6-11!

I sacrificed for you all and listened to the Hoop Collective on the way to work today and Windhorst is doing his Windy thing about the Kings now having a big chunk of cap space after dumping off Richaun Holmes. Bontemps suggested Brook Lopez. I feel like that'd be pretty great?

Hey, the Hoop Collective with the Tims is somehow a top-tier NBA podcast right now. Lowe's still the best, but his guests are consistently awful. Get Bobby Marks away from microphones forever, tia

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Did the Raptors draft a character from The Righteous Gemstones?

https://twitter.com/gradey_dick/status/1672297445273813088?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He seems alright

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1671979572223692800

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

*curb your enthusiasm theme plays*

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
SOMETHING THAT TO ME IS FUNNY, PERSONALLY, TO ME, THAT I FOUND FUNNY, UPON THINKING ABOUT IT

Is that Anfernee Simons is the last player to skip college and an alternate pro league before playing in the NBA.

You could say he's done okay. A low efficiency but high scoring combo guard playing off dame. But if either of the Thompson twins look like him in 5 years I think they'd rightly be considered busts.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

big boi posted:

Hey, the Hoop Collective with the Tims is somehow a top-tier NBA podcast right now. Lowe's still the best, but his guests are consistently awful. Get Bobby Marks away from microphones forever, tia

This is my personal ranking of NBA podcasts for the curious and unawares:

1.Game Theory Podcast with Sam Vecenie and rotating Co hosts (adam spinella, mark schindler, other guys)
2. The Dunker Spot with Nekias Duncan and Steve Jones Jr (fast forward past the WNBA talk, or don't, if you like it)
3. Saturday Slam and Jam with the Andrews (under athletic nba podcast feed)
3. Nerder she wrote podcast with seth partnow, dave dufour, mo dakhil (under the nba podcast feed, only record like once every 6 weeks now that seth partnow is working for the duncd on guy)
4. Lowe Post (ignore any episode with player interviews or non reporter personalities)
5. Hoop collective (though super consistent and they do tons of episodes and i listen to them all even though I hate tim macmahon and his stupid bullshit)
6. The box and one -adam spinellas podcast about draft stuff (will put you to sleep, but good info)
7. Tag the Roll Mark Schindler and other guy talk about draft stuff, (good info but boring, getting rare because mark is doing other things)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

SOMETHING THAT TO ME IS FUNNY, PERSONALLY, TO ME, THAT I FOUND FUNNY, UPON THINKING ABOUT IT

Is that Anfernee Simons is the last player to skip college and an alternate pro league before playing in the NBA.

You could say he's done okay. A low efficiency but high scoring combo guard playing off dame. But if either of the Thompson twins look like him in 5 years I think they'd rightly be considered busts.

isn't that just how the pick slot works? kelly oubre vs josh jackson, but making that observation in like... 2018 before josh jackson actually busted

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

those names all suck. why isn't there a Pod B. Free or Hot Pod Williams

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Brandin Podcastski

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

those names all suck. why isn't there a Pod B. Free or Hot Pod Williams

Pod Shammpod

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lmao

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Lol

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Hopefully Kevman didn't already name the baby!

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Ty for posting these on a public Internet forum where I can steal these podcast names for my upcoming nba podcast

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

If either of Thompson twins develop the kind of shooting Simons has they’ll easily be All NBA.

Simons was the youngest player in his Draft and would go in the Top 10 in a redraft. He is still not a finished product either. If you get a top 10 player in a draft you are by no means a ‘bust’. He also came out of prep school not an alternative league.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
incredible

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Holy poo poo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dejan Bimble posted:

I haven’t t watched it but he seems to go nuts whenever Dame is out actually. Shades of how Poole took over when Curry was out at times, that doesn’t sound like a compliment because of how low Poole’s stock is now and you and others would know better than me, but I think he’s even better than he shows when Dame is around. Like, he was high efficiency, 3Pt% over 40, FT% nearing 90, 20+ ppg

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 24, 2023

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

I haven’t t watched it but he seems to go nuts whenever Dame is out actually. Shades of how Poole took over when Curry was out at times, that doesn’t sound like a compliment because of how low Poole’s stock is now and you and others would know better than me, but I think he’s even better than he shows when Dame is around. Like, he was high efficiency, 3Pt% over 40, FT% nearing 99, 20+ ppg

And, importantly, Simons is a dunk contest champion.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1672288342287740928?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Edit: I just learned they sale clothes this is very exciting and expensive knowledge

Calidus fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 23, 2023

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is my personal ranking of NBA podcasts for the curious and unawares:

1.Game Theory Podcast with Sam Vecenie and rotating Co hosts (adam spinella, mark schindler, other guys)
2. The Dunker Spot with Nekias Duncan and Steve Jones Jr (fast forward past the WNBA talk, or don't, if you like it)
3. Saturday Slam and Jam with the Andrews (under athletic nba podcast feed)
3. Nerder she wrote podcast with seth partnow, dave dufour, mo dakhil (under the nba podcast feed, only record like once every 6 weeks now that seth partnow is working for the duncd on guy)
4. Lowe Post (ignore any episode with player interviews or non reporter personalities)
5. Hoop collective (though super consistent and they do tons of episodes and i listen to them all even though I hate tim macmahon and his stupid bullshit)
6. The box and one -adam spinellas podcast about draft stuff (will put you to sleep, but good info)
7. Tag the Roll Mark Schindler and other guy talk about draft stuff, (good info but boring, getting rare because mark is doing other things)

This is a good list. I will add that Bill Simmons is a guilty pleasure, but we all know that he's an idiot about a lot of stuff. And also we can't forget Rick's pod, which he records while doing 100 on the backroads of Tucson. You can normally hear "Panama" playing in the background.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where can I find the RickCast

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Calidus posted:

https://twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1672288342287740928?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Edit: I just learned they sale clothes this is very exciting and expensive knowledge

Nooo not the Dr Cox meltdown song :cry:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Really excited the spurs drafted a high upside french athlete with length and hops
Also wemby should be good too

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

verbal enema posted:

Where can I find the RickCast

Basketball This Week (Done) Quickly

https://btwq.podbean.com/

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Maestro posted:

Basketball This Week (Done) Quickly

https://btwq.podbean.com/

Thank you

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dame was streaming on IG live earlier and whoever he was with put on Miami by Will Smith

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1672363814661046273

gonna be a long offseason folks

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Aye Doc posted:

gonna be a long offseason folks

it's stressing me out

I would be loving ecstatic if Portland overpaid and gave up Ant + 3 firsts for OG, just to roll the dice

hell I'd even be happy with DeRozan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's 2052. Damian Lillard has been retired for 25 years. After visiting his grandson in Oakland rumors emerge that Dame will be traded to the Lakers.