Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I cannot believe there is now a 3 way fight to be the best Russian army in Russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672375023888216069

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I was going to turn in early for the night like the old gently caress that I am but now I am going to be up following this thread.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
If poo poo does get crazy, what are some good humanitarian orgs in Russia to donate to that help displaced people and such?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

3 day special military operation going great, keep up the good work

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Guys I'm beginning to think Putin really cocked this one up

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I was telling my wife about Russia's regime imploding and she was like "LOL just like the submarine" and finger gunned me. :lol:

God I love her

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Mnoba posted:

If poo poo does get crazy, what are some good humanitarian orgs in Russia to donate to that help displaced people and such?

Either Prigozhin or Shoigu will get displaced. There'll be no civil war causing Russian refugees.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Everyone I know in Russia is sleeping so who knows what they'll wake up to. I doubt many people saw a news report at 1:30am.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
In this new Russia v. Russia conflict, my money is on Russia.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ape Fist posted:

Gonna go with Ukraine.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Barudak posted:

Once again the Russians are betrayed by Nazis they thought they were allied to.

lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

the popes toes posted:

Either Prigozhin or Shoigu will get displaced. There'll be no civil war causing Russian refugees.

Depends on how bad this gets!

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
We need to know who the underground betting rings think will come out on top to get a real feel for this.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Tarquinn posted:

Gonna go with Ukraine.

About time the Kievan Rus recaptured their unruly province.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

I was telling my wife about Russia's regime imploding and she was like "LOL just like the submarine" and finger gunned me. :lol:

God I love her

Renew your vows.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

TulliusCicero posted:

God I love her

You married up.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

TulliusCicero posted:

God I love her

your wife owns

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I go to bed and minutes later the funniest turn in this war takes off. I just hope Ukraine can take advantage of this.

Lammasu posted:

I've been catching up on my Civie 11 videos and I just learned that one of the original level designers of Duke Nukem 3D lives in Russia. Goes by the name Levelord. Anyone know anything about this and how is he doing?
I hope he is well also lol at civvie falling in love with him because of the pyramids comment.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

TulliusCicero posted:

God I love her

Remember, Putin has his own submarine disaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kursk_submarine_disaster

It was horribly botched. I did like how, afterward, Larry King asked Putin what happened to the Kursk, and Putin just said, "It sank."

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1672375200485081108?s=20 He's probably right.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Who is this guy and Why should I care?

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Good things happening to great ppl 2nite

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Depends on how bad this gets!

Nah. The Russian constitutional bruhaha in '93 was much worse. If anyone is displaced it'll be rich people hightailing it to Dubai or such.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

he's part of bellingcat.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672376320796377090?s=20

Military units taking up spots in central Moscow

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Ape Fist posted:

P.sure Russia isn't going to win this either way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I saw a bunch of Twitter hashtags about wagner and related stuff, googled "yevgeny prigozhin", and my internet instantly died. Still can't get on except on my phone. Coincidence???? I think not!!!

but really what's going on. I saw one tweet saying there was a military column marching on Moscow before my connection went down. What's happening

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I sent a txt to my dad about "Hey things are going on in Russia. Seems interesting." and he sent back a pic of his Boston Market dinner: "This is all I need"

I want to get on that level

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

God I love her

A small wreck settling in the shadow of a much greater wreck.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Ape Fist posted:

It is a perfect Russian conflict; they can win and lose at the same time. "Then it got worse" somehow keeps finding its way into the Russian history.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mnoba posted:

Donate to Ukraine instead

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

beer_war posted:

He's probably right.
Honestly that seems boring but likely. I don't think the guy can take on the country, but he may go down in a blaze of glory.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

He's the bellingcat guy who broke a big story recently. I forget which one

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
This is actually good for bitcoin Russia.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ukraine is assaulting Bakhmut hard right now according to NOEL reports

Multiple streets taken, prisoners etc.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Yeah, and it's worth being extremely careful with news sources right now--all kinds of people are going to be trying to maximize and/or take advantage of the confusion, from Wagner to Ukraine to random clickbait artists.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Captain Invictus posted:

lol I saw a bunch of Twitter hashtags about wagner and related stuff, googled "yevgeny prigozhin", and my internet instantly died. Still can't get on except on my phone. Coincidence???? I think not!!!

but really what's going on. I saw one tweet saying there was a military column marching on Moscow. What's happening

the tl;dr is that Prigozhin, the head of the Wagner PMC, who already had a fairly hostile relationship with Russian MoD, claimed they were bombed by the MoD, and said he was going to march with his troops and get the MoD heads removed. Russia is charging him with couping, Moscow and Rostov are on lockdown, and we will have to see what happens.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

but really what's going on. I saw one tweet saying there was a military column marching on Moscow before my connection went down. What's happening

Oh just a byproduct of the three-day very special military operation to capture Kiev going really really really well

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I don't know what's happening but unfortunately I think the most likely outcome is that life gets worse for a lot of people who aren't involved in this power struggle, and Russia resumes its business of trying to steal land from a neighboring country.

Still rooting for chaos, though. If one of the decision-makers involved with this invasion faces a single consequence, that's an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
https://twitter.com/MoscowTimes/status/1672375829890826240?t=9gSCIWzwpdwaFE5NH-5WSw&s=19