Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mokotow posted:

What’s the relation between that bold guy with nazi regalia inked on his body, who I remember was described as Wagner’s founder, and Prig? What happened to that guy anyhow?

Prig is the politician and money man, that nazi gently caress is the field commander of all Wagner forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What the gently caress?!?

What insanity to wake up to

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

full translation of the new audio statement:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672382280134799360

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

deported to Canada posted:

Putin uses Prigozhin and Wagner to take out Shoigu and blames him for the misinformation leading to the invasion of Ukraine and sues for peace. That's my hope anyway.

Putin and Shoigu are best friends going back 20+ years. If they go down, they go down together.

Surovkin was the wild card going into this since he is good friends with Prigozhin and they talked positively about each other before. However, he released a video telling Wagner to stand down, which lowers the chances of this doing anything. Right now it looks like Putin, Shoigu, and Surovkin are all on the same side.

Outside of Shoigu and Surovkin, all other important military and security forces report directly to Putin.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 24, 2023

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Can I ask what is troubling you so?

As much as I want Russia to lose I think its legitimately horrifying if their loving illegal prison gang Nazi army is launching attempted coups against the largest, most heavily nuclear armed state on earth.

Call me Clancy, but gently caress me this situation is almost too ridiculous for an actual Clancy novel.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

deported to Canada posted:

Putin uses Prigozhin and Wagner to take out Shoigu and blames him for the misinformation leading to the invasion of Ukraine and sues for peace. That's my hope anyway.

I thought this was the case a couple of hours ago as well, but it seems far too chaotic now to be this.

It could've been a pretty decent "out" for Putin, making Shoigu his fallguy and declaring to the world he was deceived, its time to talk peace! That way he could've saved some face etc.

Again though, just seems too chaotic for that to be the case now, poo poo could seriously hit the fan in so many ways from this.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Mokotow posted:

What’s the relation between that bold guy with nazi regalia inked on his body, who I remember was described as Wagner’s founder, and Prig? What happened to that guy anyhow?

Bald guy is an ex-GRU spetznaz guy who is a main military commander of the unit and his callsign is Wagner.
He is not very public and unclear if he is even involved in the current war personally or doing the oldtimey mercenary business in Africa.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A quick look for webcams in Rostov shows one covering a bus stop and a half dozen more that are offline. Make of that what you will.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

"As of now, we’ve crossed the state borders in all areas. Border guards came towards us and hugged our fighters."

Yeah, definitely a pics or this didn't happen scenario.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/revishvilig/status/1672363309339738116
Helos were spotted flying over Rostov.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

William Bear posted:

Wagner is just preparing to mobilize? There are already APCs on the streets of Moscow. This coup is poo poo.

They aren't trying to coup Putin in Moscow but the MoD leadership.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

All my collaborators are just out of frame, transitioning power with me too

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Wtf.

quote:

The current situation: today, we were dealt a missile strike. After this strike, helicopters did their work. Then, artillery.

The orders were coming from the Head of General Staff to destroy PMC Wagner. After a meeting with the Minister of Defence Shoygu where they made this decision - to destroy the rebellious units, who are ready to defend the motherland, but not their asses.

As of now, we’ve crossed the state borders in all areas. Border guards came towards us and hugged our fighters.

Now, we’re entering Rostov. Units of the Ministry of Defence, in fact, the conscripts who were thrown to block our path, moved away.

We do not fight with children. We do not kill children. Shoygu is killing children by throwing untrained soldiers, conscripts included, into the war.

He set up 18-year-old lads against us. They’re like children and grandchildren to us. Therefore, these lads will live and return to their mothers.

We only fight with professionals. But if someone stands in our path, we will destroy EVERYTHING in our way.

We lend a hand to anyone. No need to spit in this hand. We are moving forward, going to the end.

Regarding claims regarding the arrest: this brotherhood, this justice, this honour, this conscience is what we have. But when you make these claims, you haven’t got these feelings. These feelings are destroyed. Thus, you cannot understand anything but betrayal."

Greeted as liberators? In 2023?!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

beer_war posted:

"As of now, we’ve crossed the state borders in all areas. Border guards came towards us and hugged our fighters."

The border guards are right there, just out of shot

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
So if this fizzles out like Jan 6th where does Prigozhin go? Could this just be part of a plot to defect to the west with his intel? Maybe create a bunch of chaos to help the Ukrainian offensive as a barter to be allowed asylum? Maybe he burned too many bridges in Moscow and feels he needs to exit before his time is up?

Maybe he's just real dumb LOL

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

All this time Putin and Russia was worried about NATO.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

beer_war posted:

The biggest border guards, with tears in their eyes. They said sir!, no-one has been wronged as much as you in the history of Russia, we're counting on you to make it right!

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

weg posted:

So if this fizzles out like Jan 6th where does Prigozhin go?

To prison or the grave most likely

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

This is clearly an well prepared feint, a grand military sleight-of-hand to induce and trick the Ukrainians to begin their offensive for which Russia has planned quite the surprise. The Russians are masters of deception.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672377257778638850?t=89eoEGkvLQgWkOfaYzohiw&s=19

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If not, I'm sure the Anglo-Saxons are behind this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

weg posted:

So if this fizzles out like Jan 6th where does Prigozhin go? Could this just be part of a plot to defect to the west with his intel? Maybe create a bunch of chaos to help the Ukrainian offensive as a barter to be allowed asylum? Maybe he burned too many bridges in Moscow and feels he needs to exit before his time is up?

Maybe he's just real dumb LOL

What loving intel? The Ukrainians have been dumping off whatever captured gear the US wants while making the Russian army look completely beatable for NATO

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This isn't a coup

It's a special military operation

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

ryde posted:

The biggest border guards, with tears in their eyes. They said sir!, no-one has been wronged as much as you in the history of Russia, we're counting on you to make it right!

He didn't mention them showering Wagner troops with flowers and candies. Weak poo poo.

If Wagner really has entered Wagner, I don't think this is just a verbal spat. I guess Ukraine can look forward to Russia's attention being distracted, if not its troops.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Infinitum posted:

This isn't a coup

It's a special military operation

TFW you trade one special military operation for another

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol if all this was just Ukrainian hackers and deepfakes psyopping

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Barudak posted:

What loving intel? The Ukrainians have been dumping off whatever captured gear the US wants while making the Russian army look completely beatable for NATO

The guy personally knows each and every power broker in the current Russia, and in all countries Russia-adjacent. He would be so hot intelligence asset that most major intelligence agencies would set up missions to secure him, if there was any possibility that the guy is still alive hiding somewhere.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

William Bear posted:

If Wagner really has entered Wagner, I don't think this is just a verbal spat. I guess Ukraine can look forward to Russia's attention being distracted, if not its troops.

yeah, not a lot of guys can pull that off

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you're part of Wagner now you're pretty hosed if you think about it. No way is Putin gonna let anyone in Wagner go free. Prigozhin doesn't have to worry about loyalty because if he doesn't win it's a death sentence because you're guilty by association.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think this will end with the head of rostov accidentally falling from a window.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Der Kyhe posted:

The guy personally knows each and every power broker in the current Russia, and in all countries Russia-adjacent. He would be so hot intelligence asset that most major intelligence agencies would set up missions to secure him, if there was any possibility that the guy is still alive hiding somewhere.

With any luck he's got the grail already.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1672385098891632640

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Harveygod posted:

With any luck he's got the grail already.

Lol

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

kalleth posted:

Today is my birthday.

What a present.

It's my birthday too, and I tell you it's been quite a time.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Yes Sir, no one knows what is happening inside Russia but we're monitoring it closely. Yes Sir. Well, mostly Twitter and Telegram.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

"Direct quotes from the President include "lol" and "lmao"

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Hey, I went out, had beers and now there's a coup.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Biden orders 2 scoops tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1672387845749702658