Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Assepoester posted:

Disney gonna buy 'em out and make this dude's tattoo real

Someone wished for a Marvel/DC crossover movie on a monkey's paw and we're all paying the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be clear: It's the music publishing rights TO music from (presumably the Burton/Schumacher) Batmans. Not the films themselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let Sony buy them so Spider-Man is on The Avengers and the JLA but neither have ever heard of the other

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I had only been hearing about this Bad Bunny project through a handful of tweets, and gotta be honest, until reading this thread, I did not realize he was a real person, and just thought that Bad Bunny was an extremely obscure Spider-villain like White Rabbit or, well, El Muerto

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It'll be really funny if there is no follow up spiderverse movie due to the writer's strike and this animation controversy.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Azubah posted:

It'll be really funny if there is no follow up spiderverse movie due to the writer's strike and this animation controversy.

Roughly a 0% chance of this happening

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah you have to remember no one cares about animator turnover and burn out other than online people

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Azubah posted:

That'd be dark but incredibly unlikely. Sadly the lovely treatment of animators is an industry problem that extends beyond just this most recent Spider-Verse news. Also unfortunately, animation is not that easy a field to break into (professionally speaking) so even if a bunch of people quit, there are countless amateurs out there on the internet that I'm sure would be overjoyed to fill all those roles.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

theironjef posted:

Nah, they still pack halls if they want to, it's a little writer's strike and a LOT the threat of a potential SAG-AFTRA strike, because if that hits there's no way Charlie Cox will smile and wave and promise that this is an all-new Daredevil. Honestly that strike is gonna probably stop most of the big movie and TV folks from announcing for hall H.

So far Sony, Universal, and Netflix have also all dropped out. So yeah, it's SAG-AFTRA. The biggest player actually guaranteeing attendance is Amazon, who are currently pushing The Boys stuff a bunch. HBO and Paramount are fence-sitting. I'd feel bad for the folks that buy tickets to this thing a year in advance but honestly most of them are probably there to try and flip con exclusive toys anyway.

I'm there to promote my dumb RPG-adjacent books. At least getting there and walking around will be a little easier this year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There’s nothing good toy wise. Just stupid ninja turtle poo poo everywhere

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

“I guess, Welcome to making a movie.”
”Wait how come everyone’s striking, come back”

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Argue posted:

I had only been hearing about this Bad Bunny project through a handful of tweets, and gotta be honest, until reading this thread, I did not realize he was a real person, and just thought that Bad Bunny was an extremely obscure Spider-villain like White Rabbit or, well, El Muerto

Lol he is the world's most popular musician

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Argue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB9cVLW5C_I

in the meantime while that was in preproduction he decided that headlining wrestling events for real using his popularity would be better

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Lol he is the world's most popular musician

Insane to me that I am finally at the age where I can have no clue who this person is or what their music sounds like

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
There's a huge difference between being a huge recording artist and a movie star. I can't imagine a world where a Bad Bunny z list villain movie doesn't flop at the box office.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SlimGoodbody posted:

Insane to me that I am finally at the age where I can have no clue who this person is or what their music sounds like

:same: no loving clue who this guy is

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Would it have been inconceivable to cast Bad Bunny as a more popular comic character even if they weren't originally latino? If it's already an excuse for a celebrity vehicle I just don't get being bound by the license.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mycot posted:

Would it have been inconceivable to cast Bad Bunny as a more popular comic character even if they weren't originally latino? If it's already an excuse for a celebrity vehicle I just don't get being bound by the license.

He really likes wrestling.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably would have helped to put the character in a different movie first. Morbius tanked and Kraven is going to as well, and those are characters people have heard of.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe he should option do a powerbomb

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Apparently one of the after credits scenes from The Marvels has leaked.

Kamala finds a dossier that Nick Fury has on young heroes, goes to meet Kate Bishop, says the young heroes should stick together, and brings up the fact that Scott Lang has a daughter.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
For a movie that won't be out till November?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

Filming finished in May of last year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Remember that it was originally gonna be out in February this year, got moved to July, then moved back to November.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's not really surprising or anything either, They've been setting New Avengers up for a long time

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Opopanax posted:

That's not really surprising or anything either, They've been setting New Avengers up for a long time
Dont you mean iron lad-less Young Avengers?? spoilerspace

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fury: we’re putting together a team…another team

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dawgstar posted:

I've seen some folks speculate this was why Lord and Miller left Star Wars.

Lord and Miller got fired from Solo because Jonathan Kasdan was upset that they were allowing the cast to improvise on-set instead of sticking to his script 100 percent, and he cried about it to his dad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

mycot posted:

They almost definitely just gave him a list of characters to choose from and he picked the luchadore regardless of being a villain who was in two comics ever

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mycot posted:

Black Tarantula is right there

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Timby posted:

Lord and Miller got fired from Solo because Jonathan Kasdan was upset that they were allowing the cast to improvise on-set instead of sticking to his script 100 percent, and he cried about it to his dad.

Their shooting style left them massively behind too though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Their shooting style left them massively behind too though.

No? That might be coming from the hit piece that Lucasfilm put out in Vulture or The Hollywood Reporter. They were literally less than a month away--I think three weeks--from finishing the shoot; they were fired in June 2017 and were still on-track to meet the May 2018 release date at that time. Ron Howard re-shooting like three quarters of the movie after the Kasdans' tantrum was what forced massive crunch in editing and effects on Solo.

The whole fiasco of that movie is due to Jonathan and then Lawrence Kasdan throwing a fit and whining to Kathleen Kennedy that Lord & Miller weren't being true to their script. And since Lawrence Kasdan had massive cachet with Lucasfilm and Disney after co-writing The Force Awakens with JJ Abrams and in turn making Disney a metric gently caress-ton of money with it, Lord & Miller got tossed overboard.

Timby fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 26, 2023

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Codependent Poster posted:

Apparently one of the after credits scenes from The Marvels has leaked.

Kamala finds a dossier that Nick Fury has on young heroes, goes to meet Kate Bishop, says the young heroes should stick together, and brings up the fact that Scott Lang has a daughter.

If that is true, they should absolutely rip off the Morbius “together we could do some good” line to troll Sony.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Timby posted:

No? That might be coming from the hit piece that Lucasfilm put out in Vulture or The Hollywood Reporter.

Creative differences with the Kasdans about tone were certainly a major factor but it wasn't the only thing. This "hitpiece" talks about how both sides felt there were scheduling issues on the film (and disagreed about where the fault lay)

quote:

Meanwhile, Lord and Miller, the exceptionally successful team behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, were chafing, too, according to a source close to them. There were “deep fundamental philosophical differences” in filmmaking styles, this person says, and the directors felt they were being given “zero creative freedom.” They also felt they were being asked to operate under “extreme scheduling constraints” and “were never given enough days for each scene from the very beginning.”
“They collaborate closely with their actors and give them creative freedom that, in their experience, brings out the actors’ best performances,” this person says. “Lawrence Kasdan would not allow this and demanded that every line was said word for word. To appease him and the studio, Lord and Miller would do several takes exactly as written and then shoot additional takes.”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Before hearing that I fully believed all the origin moments in the film were meant as tongue in cheek jokes about how over played they are in prequels that Howard re shot seriously.

The fact they were serious from the beginning is just kind of sad.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Flash had a 75% decline from its opening week. The only comic book movie to ever do worse was Morbius.

Additionally, they are offering "buy one, get one free" ticket deals for the movie after only two weeks.

Looking pretty rough. I think this is probably more than enough to cut Ezra loose.

https://twitter.com/mymixtapez/status/1673170372630548481

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Flash had a 75% decline from its opening week. The only comic book movie to ever do worse was Morbius.
Which means a dive into third in its second week, with Spider-Verse re-taking the top spot and Elemental at #2. And it's only a scant $100,000 above No Hard Feelings in fourth.

It cannot be overstated how hard it's bombing.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So, Aquaman 2 is done shooting, it has a release coming in a few months, but it's done and ready to go, right? And Blue Beetle is the same right? Technically nothing to stop either of these from coming out at this point?

I'm just wondering how much Flash bombing is going to hobble the Gunniverse out the gate. Does this mean that Creature Commandos or Superman are going to have major budget restrictions?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman finished filming nearly 18 months ago, and Blue Beetle about a year.

So yes, but Batgirl asterisk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

CzarChasm posted:

So, Aquaman 2 is done shooting, it has a release coming in a few months, but it's done and ready to go, right? And Blue Beetle is the same right? Technically nothing to stop either of these from coming out at this point?

I'm just wondering how much Flash bombing is going to hobble the Gunniverse out the gate. Does this mean that Creature Commandos or Superman are going to have major budget restrictions?

The gunniverse is going to have 1 movie and 1 TV show, both with sub-adult swim budgets, before the dc IPs are sold off to the reddit ceo.