Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Lmao this is def giving Jan 6 vibes

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1672414603081383937?t=lkxLPtHyzCvI5A9DPVHXoA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Стрелков Игорь Иванович #КРП posted:

So that's it:
1) The Wagner mutiny began obviously prematurely. The front is not broken, the ukras are not winning. In this situation, mutiny means a "stab in the back" and the army will not support it.
2) The prematurity of the mutiny (which was clearly planned in advance) is caused by a simple fact: Prigozhin would certainly be deprived of the main part of his troops in the near future - he would not be able to maintain even a 30,000-strong military group at his own personal expense, without the support of the state (read - funds and materials from the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation) - he would definitely not be able for more than a couple of months (and then - hardly);
3) At the moment there is no video, etc. evidence of active actions of the "Wagners". Information is received that their forces in the rear training camps did not know anything at all and were not ready to act. With a high probability, only a part of the units concentrated in the Luhansk region takes part in the mutiny.
4) The "March to Moscow" is extremely difficult for Wagner - a large group of tanks on their own will simply not reach Moscow, it is generally useless to drag artillery to Moscow, and advancing on light armored vehicles means risking defeat on the road, which is generally easier to do. Everything rests solely on the presence of loyal units ready to carry out the order and open fire to defeat ("Akhmat" may well perform, for example, and not only "Akhmat")
5) If by the morning (that is, after 5-6 hours) "Wagner" does not achieve significant success (and so far no one has heard about any of his successes) and military units do not openly cross over to his side, the mutiny will drag on and every day its final success will be more and more unlikely... well, if the Kremlin does not poo poo themselves out of habit, of course, and does not immediately begin to "look for compromises" and substitute Prigozhin for the use of the overworked nose of a well-known VIP official.
(from t.me/strelkovii/5642, via tgsa)

Стрелков Игорь Иванович #КРП posted:

And, yes, I thought that something like this would be closer to autumn, but rather - already in autumn and necessarily against the background of new defeats at the front. Although in advance (more than once, who has been on my page for a long time - can testify) I assumed publicly that Prigozhin could play a significant role in the coup or its attempt. Therefore, for me, the mutiny right now has also come as a bit of a surprise. The hasty withdrawal of Wagner from the front and Prigozhin's active struggle for a "place near Belgorod" - prompted me to think that he was preparing a "march on Moscow" (from Belgorod to Moscow is definitely much closer than from Lugansk). But the competition was won by "Akhmat". And finally, Prigozhin's actions are really a stab in the back and I can't perceive it any other way. Not to mention the fact that his possible rise to power will immediately cause:
- an insurrection in Chechnya and the beginning of the 3rd Chechen campaign (inevitably);
- a very likely collapse of the front and the invasion of the enemy in the Crimea, the fall of Donetsk and Lugansk;
- the beginning of the process of disintegration of the Russian Federation;
- A short, but very dirty and bloody period of the "dictatorship of the Latin American model." Without rules and without laws - according to criminal "concepts".
(from t.me/strelkovii/5643, via tgsa)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Put getfiscal in charge of Russia.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
I feel like prighozin keeps posting these "we are on the outskirts of Moscow" tapes while his plane is landing in Switzerland with whatever cash he could grab coz he realized his shitposting caught up with him

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Mrs. Dash posted:

I feel like prighozin keeps posting these "we are on the outskirts of Moscow" tapes while his plane is landing in Switzerland with whatever cash he could grab coz he realized his shitposting caught up with him

Whom among us

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I bet he will have no trouble getting to Moscow. I keep hearing that Russia is just a giant gas station with nukes so he can stop and fill up his tank column plenty of times on the way

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lol i was watching scream 5 and 6 through a world historical event

breathing aids
Jun 22, 2023

by vyelkin

Ivan Shitskin posted:

I bet he will have no trouble getting to Moscow. I keep hearing that Russia is just a giant gas station with nukes so he can stop and fill up his tank column plenty of times on the way

I finally started listening to radio war nerd #382 today, so the discussion of how blasé westerners treat nukes is hitting harder than it otherwise would

e: annibale is a 40k fan?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672420999826907136?t=qCAjWsKf1JMUEXr6u3iXsg&s=19

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1672422118976266241?t=bEiQR6sJAZsSLtizIL2U2g&s=19

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i just woke up and read the last ten pages or so and i don't really have any idea what the gently caress is happening

8th Line
Aug 1, 2016

lol so this is actually happening? lmao

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

something is happening

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Assuming this isn't some massive psyop, are the Western war careerists giddy with excitement at the prospect of a meaner, crazier Russian leader taking over the world's largest arsenal? Prigozhin and his Wagner PMC after all are pretty much the only group on the Russian side of the war that has consistently defeated the Western led, trained, and equipped Ukrainian military on the battlefield—wrestling 3 big cities from their control.

If post Cold War world history has taught us anything, US sponsored regime changes always go smoothly with no unintended consequences or something worse! Careful what you wish for.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Too Many Birds posted:

something is happening

here, what it is ain't exactly clear

theres a man with a gun over there

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Another sun rises over Rostov, and it is still Ukrainian.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Lol. Lmao.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gresh posted:

here, what it is ain't exactly clear

theres a man with a gun over there

lol nice

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ivan Shitskin posted:

It's not getting to Moscow that's the problem it's the retreat that will do him in.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
When this weird thing is over, one more event for Erdogan and Putin to bond over.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Gresh posted:

Assuming this isn't some massive psyop, are the Western war careerists giddy with excitement at the prospect of a meaner, crazier Russian leader taking over the world's largest arsenal? Prigozhin and his Wagner PMC after all are pretty much the only group on the Russian side of the war that has consistently defeated the Western led, trained, and equipped Ukrainian military on the battlefield—wrestling 3 big cities from their control.

If post Cold War world history has taught us anything, US sponsored regime changes always go smoothly with no unintended consequences or something worse! Careful what you wish for.

according to most people with ukraine derangement syndrome putin is literally hitler reborn with the same ambitions so clearly this insane PMC guy can't be any worse

8th Line
Aug 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/Krieg_Black/status/1672425153186127872

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sullat posted:

It's not getting to Moscow that's the problem it's the retreat that will do him in.

Moscow is closer to Saint Petersburg than Rostov, shouldn't be easier if anything.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1672424964086169600

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

edit: tweet dead, so what

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Gresh posted:

I don't know if the western war careerists believe Prigozhin will take over smoothly (I think they'd be right to think that, it seems totally implausible for this guy that nobody likes).

They just expect him to cause enough chaos to hasten Russia's demise. At best (from a western point of view) Russia will collapse into civil war and expend its whole arsenal shooting at itself.

All the videos of Russian troops driving around implying the Wagner coup is going ahead are funny when no evidence is presented that can distinguish whether they are Wagner troops or regular army (and are far more likely to be the latter simply comparing the size of the organisations)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

'stabbed in the back' (myth) might be a bit *tugs on collar* y'know *sweats profusely*

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Its just an exercise

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Horizon Burning posted:

read the last ten pages or so and i don't really have any idea what the gently caress is happening

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
wagnar is sacking the defence ministry building in rostov-on-don, to prove they could

Bass.exe
Apr 17, 2023

by vyelkin

breathing aids posted:

I finally started listening to radio war nerd #382 today, so the discussion of how blasé westerners treat nukes is hitting harder than it otherwise would

e: annibale is a 40k fan?

I mean, there is a lot of diplomatic escalation theory that was developed during the cold war being applied here. You have to realize Vietnam got fighters and such from the soviets even though America had nukes, and other proxy conflicts developed this theory about how to fight nuclear powers via. Its common enough knowledge in the west that places like North Korea and Vietnam got jet fighters and other weapons from the soviets and nuclear war didn't break out.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

the most believable thing at this point is that prighozin simply went insane. just lost his drat mind. and there’s really no evidence yet that anyone has followed him to cuckooland

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if every video of "Wagner" columns in Rostov posted tonight were Russian military or National Guard.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Prigozhin has really gone off the deep end hasn't he

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Even RWA is saying wagner is in rostov

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1672426658157019138?t=BBzQXpn5GaMepXON2Molow&s=19

breathing aids
Jun 22, 2023

by vyelkin

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

I don't know if the western war careerists believe Prigozhin will take over smoothly (I think they'd be right to think that, it seems totally implausible for this guy that nobody likes).

They just expect him to cause enough chaos to hasten Russia's demise. At best (from a western point of view) Russia will collapse into civil war and expend its whole arsenal shooting at itself.

All the videos of Russian troops driving around implying the Wagner coup is going ahead are funny when no evidence is presented that can distinguish whether they are Wagner troops or regular army (and are far more likely to be the latter simply comparing the size of the organisations)

He can obviously win with 25,000 dudes, no artillery, and no air support. The UAF simply lack sufficient fighting spirit.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nobody can actually confirm if it's wagner or not.

Unless you see some identifying markers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I have no idea what is going on other than being confident that it is not what western media is reporting.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Only thing you can see are red Zs on the tanks but I don't know what that means lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672427667365216260

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

so as a dumb idiot, my understanding is that the head of the main PMC on the Russian frontlines got tired of throwing his guys into the meat grinder and/or otherwise crack-pinged for some unknown reason and has now turned his troops onto the russians? and now some freedom convoy of jan 6'ers is heading to moscow on an overnight roadtrip? is that really what's happening right now?