Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

This is a surreal video. Soldiers in mismatched kit surrounding a building while a woman holding balloons and flowers makes a video on her phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Looks like Putin needs to accept the reality of a new, multipolar Russia.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Moon Slayer posted:

I'd say more like Blackwater rolling up to MacDill Air Force Base and strolling into CENTCOM.

e: beaten

Still hard to think about, US military bases are full of enough personnel and weapons to easily mount a defense against (if not utterly destroy) a bunch of military contractors

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

KillHour posted:

Count on goons to take an understandable analogy and ruin it by being slightly more accurate but failing to take into account that only military nerds know what CENTCOM is and military nerds don't need the analogy to begin with.

Nah it was just a silly analogy.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

i am a moron posted:

Still hard to think about, US military bases are full of enough personnel and weapons to easily mount a defense against (if not utterly destroy) a bunch of military contractors

I'm sure the Russian home guard are on a skeleton crew right now to help with the Ukraine front.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

There's been some chatter about military convoys around Voronezh too, and now this:

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672435772912279554

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 24, 2023

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Count on goons to take an understandable analogy and ruin it by being slightly more accurate but failing to take into account that only military nerds know what CENTCOM is and military nerds don't need the analogy to begin with.

All of us from Tampa Bay know about it. We have the constant fear of being a high value nuke target and the local paper runs radius maps of a strike every now and then. :v:

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672434984148140035
Seems like taking Rostov city's authority centers is their goal.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Moon Slayer posted:

There's been some chatter about military convoys around Voronezh too, and now this:

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672435772912279554

Maybe the Russian Volunteer Corps probing deeper past Belgorod? Or a new faction popping up?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Probably not:

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1672437909570322434

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dawn is breaking in Moscow, and it's still Russian.

:russbus:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

https://twitter.com/growing_daniel/status/1672430881305407488

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Also, I'm beer-belly spiderman taking a smoke break on the corner and watching all this.

When I spotted him I literally guffawed, so thank you for the laugh. Beer Belly Spiderman would be a fine user name actually.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Young Freud posted:

Maybe the Russian Volunteer Corps probing deeper past Belgorod? Or a new faction popping up?

Supposedly another convoy of Wagner.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
voronezh is halfway to moscow from rostov btw

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Wagner will absolutely need some proper Russian troops flipping to him to have a chance at this, or just succeeding in a decapitation strike (which I don't think he's in the right spot to pull off).

Has anyone actually seen Putin today?

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Deteriorata posted:

New thread title.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Prigozhin playing the long game all along to convert entire regions into hot dog stands

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Has anyone actually seen Putin today?

It's 6 AM in Moscow, I assume he's still asleep.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

what the gently caress

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

This is like when you get five stars in gta

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

The hell,

I mean this is.... :bignews:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Phlegmish posted:

I'm absolutely 100% sure he's awake right now lol.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

If he is then he absolutely deserves to get coup'd.

Edit: Well, I mean, he does anyways, but you know what I mean.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Nobody wants to wake him and let him know there's a coup happening.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's absolutely wild to me that Wagner the dudes is so far following Prig on this. This is absolutely batshit and seems to solely benefit him personally since his power base was crumbling. Or his dudes really are mad at Shoigu. Guess the next test is seeing if they still follow him against a srs attempt by the military to take back control.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

mutata posted:

what the gently caress

Another contender for an updated thread title.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Nitrousoxide posted:

I'm absolutely 100% sure he's awake right now lol.

Would you wake him?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Peace will only be possible when the Moscow regime accepts Wagner’s legitime security concerns and recognizes a regional ‘sphere of influence’ under Wagner’s direct or indirect control

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
"Sir, Wagner has broken through several kilometers. Now, I know you'd normally think that might be good, but"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Honestly I wonder how the gently caress Putin is going to react to this

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Wait, so who is de-nazifying who in this current shitshow?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

"Sir, Prigozhin is revolting!"

"You're not so hot yourself."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

"Sir, Wagner has broken through several kilometers. Now, I know you'd normally think that might be good, but"

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1672435412374093825

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Willo567 posted:

Honestly I wonder how the gently caress Putin is going to react to this

I would imagine by being sad, or mad, or some combination of the two.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

aphid_licker posted:

It's absolutely wild to me that Wagner the dudes is so far following Prig on this. This is absolutely batshit and seems to solely benefit him personally since his power base was crumbling. Or his dudes really are mad at Shoigu. Guess the next test is seeing if they still follow him against a srs attempt by the military to take back control.

I guess if Prig gets purged the other Wagner dudes are not in for a good time too, and they know that. At best they get pressed into the regular Russian army and sent to the front. And not sure if they issues they have are legitimate, like undersupplied by the MoD and all that.
Plus, a lot of them are in suicide squads that were supposed to be sent to the front to die. Rolling into Moscow might be quite safe in comparison. How much actual army is left there?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1672445016331911171

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

just noticed on google maps has live traffic enabled in Rostov. many of the roads are closed and blocked. including a huge stretches of the M4

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

You know, I was giving it some thought, and for all that people have been laughing at a bunch of bystanders taking cell phone video of Wagner going after the MoD building, I think those people filming might be the worst thing to happen to Putin in the last 24 hours.

A big deal has been made about how Putin controls the media and that's a major part of how he's gotten away with everything so far. But assuming those videos spread fast, and I can't imagine they don't, there's no longer any way to hide or excuse what's going on. Even if the Russian forces rally and crush Wagner in the next 12 hours, practically everyone in Russia is going to know that a famous military unit mutinied and accomplished quite a lot. That's going to be a huge blow.

And the soldiers are going to be seeing those videos too. I don't know if there's any truth to the stories of Russian military units joining or even refusing to fight Wagner, but once they see those videos the odds of it happening probably goes way up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Russia seems to have intensified missile strikes on Ukraine in the meantime. My understanding is strikes like that are planned at least several days in advance, but timing makes it look like a tantrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Delthalaz posted:

Considering the equivalent of the Pentagon would be in Moscow, isn’t this more like a regional military HQ in Atlanta or something?

Sorta like Fort Sumter