Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Were all gonna feel stupid when Trump reveals his plan to end the war was just "Make Prig President of Russia"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

the popes toes posted:

This is a very good example why the Constitution provides for well regulated militias and, well, ok, maybe not in this instance. But you know what I mean.

Look at all the heros with guns defending their country from uprising

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
just wanna give a comparison for our american friends as to the level of OH gently caress putin is currently experiencing:

- If the US were in a war with Mexico, losing rostov is as bad equivalently as the US losing Austin or Dallas.

Rostov is the 11th largest city in Russia with a pop of 1.14 million. The closest major equivalent to the US is if Blackwater rebelled and took Dallas TX in less than 4 hours

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The emoji reactions really make the Telegram statements about this conflict that much more surreal.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I wonder if Wagner can gain access to any internet/television capabilities for the city. Start broadcasting a different "reality" than what the population has seen over the past 1.5 years.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Welp.

This sure is happening.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
When has arming a mercenary group to the tune of tens of thousands of soldiers ever gone well for the ruler in the end, like in all of history?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1672442776020037632

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

moon demon posted:

When has arming a mercenary group to the tune of tens of thousands of soldiers ever gone well for the ruler in the end, like in all of history?

Many times really. Historically mercenary armies were quite alot more effective and reliable than modern popular conception would have it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

just wanna give a comparison for our american friends as to the level of OH gently caress putin is currently experiencing:

- If the US were in a war with Mexico, losing rostov is as bad equivalently as the US losing Austin or Dallas.

Rostov is the 11th largest city in Russia with a pop of 1.14 million. The closest major equivalent to the US is if Blackwater rebelled and took Dallas TX in less than 4 hours

Guy Fieri's Van Cao squad is a fearsome force

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

The closest major equivalent to the US is if Blackwater rebelled and took Dallas TX in less than 4 hours

i remember when that happened, actually

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Randarkman posted:

Many times really. Historically mercenary armies were quite alot more effective and reliable than modern popular conception would have it.

They just like being pai---- oh hrm. Hrmm.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Barudak posted:

Guy Fieri's Van Cao squad is a fearsome force

:five:

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

If the US were in a war with Mexico, losing rostov is as bad equivalently as the US losing Austin or Dallas.

id be ok with losing austin and dallas

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When do we see a statement that Russia joins the international labeling of Wagner as a terrorist org.

If it were me I might send Prig a text saying that we know where all of Putin’s money is, wink, wink.

I expect there is some trepidation even on Putins part of shelling a major city. At that point I don’t think there’s any way you can spin that you haven’t lost control.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Poor Perun had just started recording his video on the counteroffensive after patiently waiting to have enough info. And now here's Wagner flipping the table.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Oh God if Prigo and Kadryov take each other out

The Russians are really going to evacuate from Rostov without a fight? What in the gently caress is going on

Like holy lmao your entire logistics hub is now hosed, and you are flying your aircraft AWAY from the coup?

Are they really that obsessed with making things seen like they are just still fine and dandy?

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Chocobo posted:

7) Putin presses the button

The button nukes Russia.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Ya just can't find good Streltsy anymore

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Barudak posted:

They just like being pai---- oh hrm. Hrmm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary_War

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

The Russians are really going to evacuate from Rostov without a fight? What in the gently caress is going on

Well of course, they're joining forces to conquer russia

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

This is Russia losing the war

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Who let Tom Clancy write this chapter?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Real question: how many guys are actually in this Wagner PMC in Russia?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1672415176090370048
:lol:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
is putin running away from moscow lol

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Holy poo poo yall
https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1672444421806211073?t=kasAEGVQzdDdl_ojwEpdpg&s=19
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1672444417083416578?t=hAP0ZO67_Vet3jTJNZbATw&s=19

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1672444009976049664

https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1672443469313503232

poo poo is about to hit the fan, even if they put Wagner down, it is hard to imagine them continuing in Ukraine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poor Tucker Carlson, left crying in his tv dinners (fortune)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Celexi posted:

That does it, if monke ran away from Moscow during this time, there's going to be no organized response at all to what Wanker are getting up to.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Russian army outposts outside of Ukraine are skeleton mobik crews right now, no way they're going to actively fight Wagner. The only really opposition would be special forces flown in from Moscow, Rosgvardia, and OMON. Unless MoD decides to withdraw forces out of Ukraine lol.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This isn't me cheering for Wagner but I suspect those tiktok superstar soldiers that Kadryov has aren't gonna last. They're the definition of a springtime soldier.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Like holy lmao your entire logistics hub is now hosed, and you are flying your aircraft AWAY from the coup?

Are they really that obsessed with making things seen like they are just still fine and dandy?

Actually, it appears that there are still loyalist troops in Rostov, and that there's an uneasy stand-off between the two sides

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Holy loving poo poo is this really happening? Lololololololol lolololol lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Also I wonder how much the convict caste system is still in effect here, like if you're a Wagner rooster recruited out of prison and you and your buddies turn around and blow up the headquarters of the guys ripping you off and you somehow survive this rebellion, even killing a few military guys in the process, is the mafia still going to hunt you down because you insulted Boris The Grand Thief right before you walked out of prison with a Wagner contract?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1672444009976049664

poo poo is about to hit the fan, even if they put Wagner down, it is hard to imagine them continuing in Ukraine.

Yeah, there is no walking it back. I don't know what Wagner will consider a success but I think failure means the entire thing being dissolved.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The Kadyrovtsy are 50/50 "Insane chillers with an unbreakable fanatic spirit" and "Tiktok soldier jumping around and doing somersaults for the camera", there's not much of an in-between there. It comes down to generally whether a particular Chechen's family was pro-uprising or pro-government in the 90s and 00s. To be part of Kadryov's personal crew, it's about an even split between failsons and terminators.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Meanwhile while the clowns are putting on a circus

Over 20 missiles fired at Kyiv, either debris or a missle taking out 3 stories of an apartment building resulting in 3 victims. Unclear on the nature of the casualties

Can't let a little thing like open rebellion stop the terror bombing

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lmao and lol

The submarine was just an appetizer, and here I was thinking it was the main course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Celexi posted:

Lol my theory that there are only scattered elements of the reserves between Wagner and moscow is probably true if he's on that plane.