Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

12 Hours to Moscow is a pretty solid song or movie title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

Has anyone said coup d'blyat yet?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Putin fleeing Moscow is loving pathetic if it's true, how he has any loyalty who loving knows

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Has anyone said coup d'blyat yet?
General Bullshit › Ukraine War: Has anyone said coup d'blyat yet?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

I'm genuinely very scared of the idea of Wagner succeeding and taking control of all the Russian armed forces. I don't want a world where they manage to get their poo poo together under Prigozhin's direction.

Same, but Moscow is going to be a much harder nut to crack.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
This was a weird day to watch Cats (2019) for the first time.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sure it’s a long way but it’s not like there are any Russia soldiers left to stop them.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
not a cell phone in sight, just mercenaries living in the moment...

mods name change me to general big balls tia

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wagner has nothing even resembling an air force or any real long range capability, right? Their success seems pretty contingent on the Russian Air Force leaving them alone, to me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Captain Fargle posted:

I'm genuinely very scared of the idea of Wagner succeeding and taking control of all the Russian armed forces. I don't want a world where they manage to get their poo poo together under Prigozhin's direction.

Czar Prigozhin is definitely a scary thing but there basically isn't coming back from the Ukrainian misadventure in Russia at this point. This is just Prigozhin (perhaps incorrectly) sensing weakness in the russian elite and is making his play for the crown.

I think he'll be dead by Monday.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Ralepozozaxe posted:

A multimillion dollar disaster that never should have happened that somehow involved way more buttholes than you would think

And a bad movie

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

HonorableTB posted:

not a cell phone in sight, just mercenaries living in the moment...

The hell happened to those cables and wires? Tank cannons lifted up and tore them down?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The Management posted:

Sure it’s a long way but it’s not like there are any Russia soldiers left to stop them.

Voronezh is pretty much halfway between where they started in Rostov and Moscow. They're potentially 6 hours away from Red Square if Russian resistance continues to evaporate.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Hmmm
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1672455340917440516?t=64GkXOGLUDRJHQpjOpxJcA&s=19

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
All those people calling for 'strikes against the decision making centers' finally got what they wished for.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wagner has nothing even resembling an air force or any real long range capability, right? Their success seems pretty contingent on the Russian Air Force leaving them alone, to me.

Where the gently caress IS the Russian airforce?

They could bomb this poo poo into non existence, instead of bombing Ukranian children for once

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Celexi posted:

Do you think wagner has enough for the tolls

Someone's gotta go back and get a shitload of kopecks

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Hughmoris posted:

Anyone want to predict how this particular saga ends?

Wagner wins and gets command of the army. Later -> takes down Putin

Wagner chooses not to fight. Later -> It's head loses his head.

Someone is losing their head over this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Randarkman posted:

Many times really. Historically mercenary armies were quite alot more effective and reliable than modern popular conception would have it.

the biggest difference between Prig's boys and most historic mercenaries is that most historic mercenary brigades did not have a way to make money other than fighting. wagner is a mercenary power, but it also has its own holdings that make it money regardless of whether or not it's fighting someone actively (the diamond mines etc in africa)

the easiest equivalent to this i can come up with easily is the crusader holy orders that that the catholic church set up after successful crusades. they were ostensibly supposed to be loyal to the european powers and the catholic church and make the holy land safe for pilgrims and poo poo, but since they had their own fiefs and could make money in their own way, they weren't really beholden to anything any of those powers wanted.

so naturally they argued and grew apart and well i'm sure people are at least passingly familiar with how the knights templar and crap ended. they sure weren't taken apart by enemies of europe or catholicism, at any rate.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

They could bomb this poo poo into non existence, instead of bombing Ukranian children for once

They probably couldn't, at least not easily, is the answer to any such claim about the Russian military.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Every single Ukrainian general is doing that scene from the Wire where Carcetti and Norman are standing reallllllly still "wait til he rounds the corner...."

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i wish my city had a nice streetcar system :sigh:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TulliusCicero posted:

Where the gently caress IS the Russian airforce?

I can see them not attacking any of the forces in the city, but a column on the open road? wtf is going on

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CIA backs a communist revolution because they know nobody would ever believe it.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1672443824373747712

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Czar Prigozhin is definitely a scary thing but there basically isn't coming back from the Ukrainian misadventure in Russia at this point. This is just Prigozhin (perhaps incorrectly) sensing weakness in the russian elite and is making his play for the crown.

I think he'll be dead by Monday.

Yeah, I'm making hay shitposting while the sun shines, but the former is real, and the latter is what I'd like to believe (because Putin is poo poo, but Prig is nuclear poo poo)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Scam Likely posted:

Voronezh is pretty much halfway between where they started in Rostov and Moscow. They're potentially 6 hours away from Red Square if Russian resistance continues to evaporate.

They will keep going but they need to wait for the heavy armor to catch up. They are transporting tanks on trucks, so that’s a lot faster than usual, but still takes time to load and unload.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Space Jam posted:

Same, but Moscow is going to be a much harder nut to crack.

Yeah, Wagner have to watch out for the 1st Guards Tank Arm.... nevermind.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Coolguye posted:

so naturally they argued and grew apart and well i'm sure people are at least passingly familiar with how the knights templar and crap ended. they sure weren't taken apart by enemies of europe or catholicism, at any rate.

Knights Templar didn't really get suppressed because of any lack of loyalty though, it was basically solely because a certain king of France wanted their money and property and he conveniently had just mercilessly been bullying the pope for a decade at this point. Everywhere outside France the templars mostly just had to form new or join other knightly or monastic orders and there were no real mass confessions or executions.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1672455738923286529

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Another audio dispatch. I don't speak Russian but translation of the words provided
https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1672456283746713600?t=W51W-0qkGJK6Oa4ECo9iOw&s=19

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

ooooh, that's a spicy new rumor

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1672456808416309251?s=20

Voronezh burns

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1672456599770656773?s=20

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

We have video and a translation from Rostov on Don
https://twitter.com/just_whatever/status/1672455586187735040?t=-Kv3-kW9paFUp03mafKiJg&s=19

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
The longer it takes for Putin to make a public statement ordering the rebels to lay down their arms, the more I'll believe we're approaching The Mattering.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Ralepozozaxe posted:

No joke, I watched Anastasia (1997) for the first time with my kids today

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Workin' so hard like a soldier

Can't afford a thing on TV

Deep in my heart I am warrior

Can't get shells for my artillery

Good God we gonna rock down to Rostov avenue

And then we'll take Moscow

Oh we gonna rock down to Smolensk avenue

And then we'll take Siberia

GOOD GOD

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol @ Tracey stupid loving rear end thinking that Putin will just be chill with him coming in and replacing the top military brass at his own discretion. No big deal, he’ll say, let’s all go back to Ukraine and carry on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

This is at least as funny as Putin fleeing Moscow(if true)