Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

:rubby:

Any translations to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Shoigu looking increasingly isolated...

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

KitConstantine posted:

Smae guy who posted saying that no, guys, it's not Wagner pointing tank turrets at the military headquarters just posted the same video. Partial translation in retweet
https://twitter.com/rprose/status/1672463668900950016?t=bsZ0j4nNEOJchkkkW0t2Og&s=19

Quote from max seddon

"We want [Gerasimov] and Shoigu. Until they're here, we'll stay, block off Rostov, and head to Moscow," he says."

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Fargle posted:

Tsar Prigozhin means just a straight up, unironic 4th Reich doesn't it?

Please, please, please don't let the nazis get nukes.

Russia invaded Ukraine to stop the fourth Reich! Uno reverse card official story.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Lol if anybody in the Kremlin isn't immediately booking on their private jets at this very moment

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Celexi posted:

lmao is this for real or I'm I in a coma since 2016 because LOL at the world now

Your eyes snap open to the beeping of life support systems. A nurse in the room with you screams and runs from the room as you sit up. You grunt as you rip the various wires and tubes from yourself, the tape tearing at the skin in the gaps shaved into your black fur. Then you remember: the child, falling. The man with the rifle, the gunshot.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

LanceHunter posted:

The last time I was watching a coup attempt in real time on the Something Awful forums, it was that wet fart of an attempt to oust Erdoğan in Turkey in 2016. This seems vastly more significant so far. (I don't see Putin having some equivalent of blasting a rallying cry from the loudspeakers of every mosque...)

You weren't on one of the 1/6 threads?

SA kept me was a good hour or two ahead of the news on the "major poo poo is going down" front.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

gently caress me, Prig might really have the army on his side

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What in the absolute gently caress is going on?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

KitConstantine posted:

Quote from max seddon

"We want [Gerasimov] and Shoigu. Until they're here, we'll stay, block off Rostov, and head to Moscow," he says."

If Gerasimov and Shoigu don't want to meet the business end of a hammer, they'd better run and fast

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

KitConstantine posted:

Quote from max seddon

From Scott rose (rprose, guy who's tweet i posted)

"In the video, Prigozhin is berating Yunus-bek Yevkurov, a deputy defense minister and former head of Ingushetia. Yevkurov asks him to pull his men out of Rostov (and from around the HQ) and Prigozhin refuses"

Elon breaking Twitter has made this trickier

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

EorayMel posted:

Lol if anybody in the Kremlin isn't immediately booking on their private jets at this very moment

Where the gently caress do they go?

They are pariah in almost every other country

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

SA kept me was a good hour or two ahead of the news on the "major poo poo is going down" front.

i slept thru most of 1/6. my fiancee woke me up and said the chuds were taking over the capitol and my sleep brained response was "it took them this long?" and went back to bed lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

parthenocarpy posted:

Why? Thousands of unpaid interns, er, twitter tankies do it

I miss him

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

Where the gently caress do they go?

They are pariah in almost every other country

They still have money, and the Emirates are more than willing to accommodate the families of high ranking Russians, for a start. Otherwise there's always South America.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont worry folks, its ok, the insane Nazi taking over a country is Russian, not Ukrainian, so its fine

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
lol at Putin now officially presiding over less stability than Yeltsin, a man who shelled he own parliament

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Oh yeah. I was living outside DC on 1/6, so the stress of that whole experience has hosed with my memories. (I tell you, though, it's a hell of a thing to open Google Maps and find out your area is currently blocked and has no map/location info available.)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Putin's destruction as the right wing strongman is gone, so that's loving hilarious at least

Not an lol if Prego gets his hands on nukes though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am willing to let Putin sublet my apartment. Sure, this makes me vile scum worthy of death, but I promise as a landlord I will not fix any of the water fixture issues.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Shoygu will be in China by tomorrow. Putin is in a bunker under a mountain in the far east of Russia. Gerasimov will flip and join Wagner, bringing most of the generals with him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
a world power funding ultraconservative fascist mercenaries to fight a war in eastern europe turning around and using those arms against the people who funded them against "the greater enemy"

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Cobbling together more about the vid

https://twitter.com/rprose/status/1672466383899090946?t=LPIrDBr-gII0v5MhXLps_A&s=19
https://twitter.com/saradzhyan/status/1672466112309518342?t=fhqazXNAX2O_NxRP8ZCyig&s=19
https://twitter.com/saradzhyan/status/1672466851274674176?t=2Z7uineqWAK15nBE8yePsA&s=19

zone
Dec 6, 2016

The Management posted:

Shoygu will be in China by tomorrow. Putin is in a bunker under a mountain in the far east of Russia. Gerasimov will flip and join Wagner, bringing most of the generals with him.

I'm pretty sure Gerasimov won't survive a takeover by the Wanker SS, he should be running away along with everyone else

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Some CIA goon whose yearly SMART goals included toppling russia cannot believe their luck

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Even if this coup goes nowhere, if Wagner is removed from the Ukrainian front, it's a massive win. Every interview with front line troops I have read have consistently pointed out Wagner soldiers as being well equipped, trained and much more effective than the regular Russian army.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Also I'm pretty sure the video includes a dispute over formality of address aka pronouns so Russia is woke now whatcha gonna do Tucker????
https://twitter.com/Sasha_Etkind/status/1672466208136863745?t=ggEg4fNB76MLEXTmqd8qow&s=19

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tankies on twitter and discord reaping: “I was told there would be USSR :mad:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

It wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility the hot dog war chief gets the two heads he wants, declares his goals accomplished, then turns around to resume combat in Ukraine

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Are there any serious warlords/ regional separatists in Russia that could cause this poo poo to start disintegrating?

Does Chechnya immediately declare independence after Poopin's out?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Are there any serious warlords/ regional separatists in Russia that could cause this poo poo to start disintegrating?

Yevgeny Prigozhin is pretty much officially a potentially powerful warlord at this point.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

They were promised the return of a great power from WWII and they got it.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

parthenocarpy posted:

It wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility the hot dog war chief gets the two heads he wants, declares his goals accomplished, then turns around to resume combat in Ukraine

He started this by saying the war was started by Shoigu and Gerasimov to the detriment of Russia, so while it's not out of the realm of possibility, it doesn't sound like that's his intent.

Would also be a nice solid exit for Putin. Shoigu and Gerasimov take the blame, there's some window accidents, he declares Ukraine is denazified and fucks off back to Russia.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

Well, this is traditionally how you get USSR

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

lmfao

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

parthenocarpy posted:

I don't think you stay in power long if you let one of your subordinates dictate terms to you at gunpoint. Putin can't exactly go, "Oh I guess you really meant it. Well, fair enough, we're friends still right?"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Doccers posted:

Would also be a nice solid exit for Putin.

That's a very nice way to frame a complete and utter humiliation and crushing blow to his image and legitimacy.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

StoryTime posted:

Even if this coup goes nowhere, if Wagner is removed from the Ukrainian front, it's a massive win. Every interview with front line troops I have read have consistently pointed out Wagner soldiers as being well equipped, trained and much more effective than the regular Russian army.

I wonder how long it takes Ukraine to take total advantage of this.

I doubt the average troop in the Russian trench knows what's going on, but their command structure must be stressed out to put it mildly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Barudak posted:

They were promised the return of a great power from WWII and they got it.

I'm sure Prigozhin will bring back some of the USSR's greatest hits. Throwing gay people in forced-labor camps, for example.