Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

I heard Phil went in there and gave them the business c/d

He did a good job. The FTC seems really poorly prepared for this though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wiltsghost posted:

He did a good job. The ftc seems really poorly prepared for this though.

The FTC has dozens of questions about how Call of Duty will run on the Nintendo Switch.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Lionel hutz: Your honor it appears this for profit company is attempting to make profits, even at the expense of their competitors!

I rest my case.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm having a lot of fun in Shipbreaker, but I'm not sure when I should be using the horizontal/vertical cut tool. So far I've just been vaporising the cut points, and then dragging big pieces of bulkhead to the proper furnace hole. Am I missing something?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I'm having a lot of fun in Shipbreaker, but I'm not sure when I should be using the horizontal/vertical cut tool. So far I've just been vaporising the cut points, and then dragging big pieces of bulkhead to the proper furnace hole. Am I missing something?

Yeah prying out all the expensive components and sending them to the salvage barge! There are also special items to find etc. it’s a fun chill game

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Toaster Beef posted:

I really want to like Bookwalker, but gently caress it's such a clunky and unfun mess to control in nearly every respect

Same, I think it‘s optimised for mouse input in the isometric levels. I went all the way down just before a ledge and stopped giving inputs. The character went all around to the lower level on his own which tells me that controller input just mimicks mouse clicks :classiclol: Oh also that cursor stuck in the middle of the screen is annoying.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

“I still have the pictures.”

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Phil gonna show Vampire Survivors to the judge

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

If he does, judge will rule in his favour.

priznat posted:

Yeah prying out all the expensive components and sending them to the salvage barge! There are also special items to find etc. it’s a fun chill game

Oh good so I'm not missing anything. I just didn't see the point in cutting things in half.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

“I still have the pictures.”

I have information that will lead the the arrest of Hillary Clinton

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Anyone here unable to download games since the last update? A bunch of people on Twitter and Reddit are having the same problems.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Chemtrailologist posted:

Anyone here unable to download games since the last update? A bunch of people on Twitter and Reddit are having the same problems.

Works for me, downloading a game right now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Chemtrailologist posted:

I just finished downloading Mortal Shell so it may be a regional issue?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Guillermus posted:

I just finished downloading Mortal Shell so it may be a regional issue?

Maybe it doesn't affect lovely games.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lammasu posted:

Maybe it doesn't affect lovely games.

Yeah, game pass games download perfectly

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fancy.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The magic of Quick Resume strikes again.

I signed up for that free trial of Ubisoft+ because I'm the dumbass who enjoys rear end Creed games, figuring I'd finally get around to checking out Valhalla
Turns out that if you use Quick Resume, it bypasses the startup screens and so never actually checks if you own the game or not. My free trial ended like 10 days ago, and I'm still playing Valhalla with no dramas

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sorry to hear :(

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'm assuming that works as designed for Gamepass games, but of course Ubisoft+ fucks it up lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is HDR mode way too dark for anyone? I get that the idea is for more contrast between dark and bright but still

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is HDR mode way too dark for anyone? I get that the idea is for more contrast between dark and bright but still

did you do HDR calibration in the system menu?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Sometimes the HDR on Rocket League hurts my eyes from being too bright so I simply can't relate

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did you do HDR calibration in the system menu?

yeah it still shows up as a bit dark in game

it might just be my TV settings too, i turned it down a bit because reds were literally hurting my eyes but non-HDR games look great

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are you sure you have an HDR display? HDR mode should look amazing but if you view it on a non-HDR display or take a screenshot it looks like dark muddy trash.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does hdr work for anything else? i had to turn it on for my lg tv and a little badge that pops up when getting hdr content

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

How many years of XBL Gold can I stack? It just ran out and I wanna buy & redeem a decent amount of year-long codes if I can?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Are you sure you have an HDR display? HDR mode should look amazing but if you view it on a non-HDR display or take a screenshot it looks like dark muddy trash.

yeah. the weird thing is the in game calibration looks fine, like the white square they show is bright as hell, but like, the "ambient" brightness just seems low.

maybe I'll just check the brightness settings because the reason I turned it down was that stuff like the publisher logo animations were literally eye-searing when they were a white background or something

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also devil may cry 5 at 120fps......... oh baby.....

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

SUNKOS posted:

How many years of XBL Gold can I stack? It just ran out and I wanna buy & redeem a decent amount of year-long codes if I can?

Up to 3 years at a time

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I believe it's 3 years.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah. the weird thing is the in game calibration looks fine, like the white square they show is bright as hell, but like, the "ambient" brightness just seems low.

maybe I'll just check the brightness settings because the reason I turned it down was that stuff like the publisher logo animations were literally eye-searing when they were a white background or something

do you have some weird contrast enhancement mode on on your tv cos that fucks tings up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do you have some weird contrast enhancement mode on on your tv cos that fucks tings up

probably. maybe i should not have trusted You Tubers with my tv setup.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

butt dickus posted:

does hdr work for anything else? i had to turn it on for my lg tv and a little badge that pops up when getting hdr content

I always get the Dolby Vision badge when I start a game on my LG. I think that's some sort of HDR implementation thingy? Honestly, not even sure.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have a Samsung which is made by psycho paths who have their own HDR implementation.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Honestly I'm inching up to "HDR isn't worth the trouble unless you have an OLED"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i do have an oled..................

this is bull poo poo! - dsp

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Honestly I'm inching up to "HDR isn't worth the trouble unless you have an OLED"

it absolutely isn;'t

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shut up nerds.

https://twitter.com/forzahorizon/status/1673319317088399362?s=46&t=dWNRwlns_SDe5bnPscR8JA

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1673320918225920000?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1673347012585230337