Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Warbird posted:

what are the Ukrainians up to during all this? mass confusion seems like a prime time to do a little a war.

i'd assume waiting and seeing if and where troops get pulled back to potentially exploit weaknesses in their lines, but there ain't much you can really do until you see how serious poo poo gets

this is spiraling away from "wagner takes city in protest and attempts to get demands met" to "wagner and portions of the army are marching on loving moscow" faster than i think anyone's had time to process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Russian armed forces have received orders to "neutralize" the troublemakers.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Wagner Bonus Army Arc.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is unrealistic because the American media wasn’t clapping for Zakhaev.

The American media was still covering the aftermath of the billionaire failed submarine today

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Russian armed forces have received orders to "neutralize" the troublemakers.

uhuh...

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

does this mean the several african countries that wagner basically controls are now at war with Russia

I don't think Wagner controls even a single African nation but perhaps you know something I don't. Care to share?

stir up trouble
Mar 14, 2022

https://twitter.com/anneapplebaum/status/1672493492579303424?t=d0hIol0pI1qASY3lhHbjqg&s=19

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vermain posted:

i'd assume waiting and seeing if and where troops get pulled back to potentially exploit weaknesses in their lines, but there ain't much you can really do until you see how serious poo poo gets

Yup, this. Waiting and seeing is the smart move.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Pull a Czech Legion. Hop a train to Vladivostok, steal a bunch of Tsarist gold, end up in Manchuria. Profit?

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL

Starsfan posted:

they are said to be monitoring the situation.

same fam

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Putin should have read Machiavelli, then he'd know never to rely on mercenaries.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Speed 3: The Moscow Run

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

Putin should have read Machiavelli, then he'd know never to rely on mercenaries.

definitely a mistake, although realistically i don't think anyone could have expected prigozhin to suicidally charge to Moscow

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

https://twitter.com/Boringstein/status/1672498347783880704?s=20

dudes rock

breathing aids
Jun 22, 2023

by vyelkin

Yeah no poo poo sherlock.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
But yeah, Putin's got to either decisively crush Wagner now, or basically accept that Prigozhin's calling the shots and I can't see him doing that. Jeez Putin, there's a reason the state's supposed to have a monopoly on violence, you doofus.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

oh gently caress the mercs have achieved class consciousness

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

comedyblissoption posted:

libs plz dont cheer when nazis coup a government challenge

you see the sledgehammer is actually a symbol dating back to ancient times

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
schizoaffective shrek’s coffee convict coup

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Wagner now controls two of the command points. How do the sides stack up ticket-wise?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Narrator posted:

Wagner now controls two of the command points. How do the sides stack up ticket-wise?

The government still has a ticking war score since Wagner has yet to claim the war goal.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Narrator posted:

well if the unit's at full health, it'll take 2 days to capture each building but then wagner gets an additional 1000 dollars per building they own which will help them afford neotanks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

whos got da nukes

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think the mods should be looking very strongly at all the posters in this thread that kept falling over themselves to call Ukraine nazis but are deathly silent on Wagner group.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/einstein2004113/status/1672401544732454912

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

I think the mods should be looking very strongly at all the posters in this thread that kept falling over themselves to call Ukraine nazis but are deathly silent on Wagner group.

concerning

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/vanillatary/status/1672415732032851969

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

I missed like 300 posts, did Wagner take over Russia yet or what?

Also are people legitimately cheering for the worst people in Russia, the actual nazi paramilitary so toxic they couldnt cut it as a regular state force, to triumph?

When I pointed out that Russia was using an actual nazi PMC back in the 2022 C-SPAM Ukraine war thread I was asked if my bowtie spun. Then some folks kindly explained to me how all Ukrainians were nazis.

I'm sure there are actual fascists that are cheering this on, as well as idiots who's interest in the war extends only as far as Russia=bad. I know I'm laughing at the irony.

I certainly hope the Russians imprison Prigozhin. I don't see how a guy, whose main complaint with Russian leadership until today, was that they weren't committing enough war crimes in Ukraine to win, can reduce the misery caused by this stupid war.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BigRoman posted:

When I pointed out that Russia was using an actual nazi PMC back in the 2022 C-SPAM Ukraine war thread I was asked if my bowtie spun. Then some folks kindly explained to me how all Ukrainians were nazis.

I'm sure there are actual fascists that are cheering this on, as well as idiots who's interest in the war extends only as far as Russia=bad. I know I'm laughing at the irony.

I certainly hope the Russians imprison Prigozhin. I don't see how a guy, whose main complaint with Russian leadership until today, is that they weren't committing enough war crimes in Ukraine to win, can reduce the misery caused by this stupid war.

what's your favorite flavor of ice cream

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

BigRoman posted:

When I pointed out that Russia was using an actual nazi PMC back in the 2022 C-SPAM Ukraine war thread I was asked if my bowtie spun.

it’s still spinning, loser

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
twitter spaces is awesome, just a bunch of people falling on top themselves to say the most hottest take
edit: this dude is saying europe is putting the turks on ukraine after the war lol to rebuild and repopulate

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
This is actually a master stroke by putin, he's teaming up with prigozhin conducting a fake coup to get all the rats to come out and then he can crush all the weak officers that are failing russia.

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

it’s still spinning, loser

:(

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

This is actually a master stroke by putin, he's teaming up with prigozhin conducting a fake coup to get all the rats to come out and then he can crush all the weak officers that are failing russia.

this being a play to lure out disloyal subcommanders or whatever would mean it’s both fake and real at the same time which makes it the funniest option so far.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/runews/status/1672510833270693889?s=46&t=uwrTJ0SWdeVlrTtcqOY4Kw

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I will lead the tribunal against all posters who supported the criminal organization Wagner Group

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lol putin didn't seem to get the message. someone's getting buyers remorse

speng31b
May 8, 2010

let this be a lesson, this is what happens when you let your posting brain make life decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Don’t coup, VOTE!