Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Flipping off the transest person to ever live..
Not a good look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a wise man once said,
some mf are always trying to ice skate uphill

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Jel Shaker posted:

still kinda weirded out that matt knew about Red Dwarf

It ran on PBS and he was the kind of person to hang out in old forums about scifi flicks.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Jel Shaker posted:

still kinda weirded out that matt knew about Red Dwarf

matt's the exact kind of dork who'd be into red dwarf

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Zoracle Zed posted:

you could just read the book instead???

I did

it was a nice way to reread it. Basically an audiobook, except every now and then chris asks if we're meant to know who the gently caress Emil Minty is, and molly explains he was that dude from 600 pages ago who said the n word a whole lot

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I just jumped ahead in the thread from 60 pages back and the topic of how much Chapo sucks hasn't changed.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Cithen posted:

I just jumped ahead in the thread from 60 pages back and the topic of how much Chapo sucks hasn't changed.

I expected mine to be a throwaway post, quickly forgotten. Pointing out the obvious still touches a nerve in this thread, though

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
in this case, "pointing out the obvious" was "getting mad that they didn't talk about the submarine story until 20 minutes into the episode"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

olives black posted:

i cannot imagine a more sad place in life to be

no, not even posting in a 2/5 ranked thread about podcasts where the regulars think that pointing out a detractor's foot fetish or ponytail is some kind of epic own

sorry for making fun of you earlier, i did not realize you were Bust Rodd

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

olives black posted:

I expected mine to be a throwaway post, quickly forgotten. Pointing out the obvious still touches a nerve in this thread, though

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

in this case, "pointing out the obvious" was "getting mad that they didn't talk about the submarine story until 20 minutes into the episode"

case in point lol

i've clarified multiple times that i was annoyed that they were instead choosing to talk about giuliani's horny texts (a dumb and boring topic), but it's easier to just mentally copypaste the wrong thing that you posted hours ago

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
your complaint was stupid and that's why people are making fun of you

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

your complaint was stupid and that's why people are making fun of you

would you say that you're... actually laughing?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

olives black posted:

it's more that they didn't talk about it and then rubbed the complete lack of effort that was to follow in my face five minutes in

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hey, did that one github or whatever page with all the bootleg feeds ever come back? thanks

im not gonna do magnet torrents because its too much work to get it on my phone then

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

olives black posted:

We’re all really impressed with your rhetorical expertise, but maybe it’s time for you to return to GBS. Your fellow balding middle aged men with ponytails need your input on Steven Universe.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Space Camp fuckup posted:

We’re all really impressed with your rhetorical expertise, but maybe it’s time for you to return to GBS. Your fellow balding middle aged men with ponytails need your input on Steven Universe.

this

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

olives black posted:

Link your twitter

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

olives black posted:

it's okay cael Space Camp fuckup, i lack the power to take your favorite bad podcast off the air for now :twisted:

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
did you end up getting that conceal carry license so you can shoot people who make fun of your covid mask? its pretty scary out there, so i wouldn't blame you

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

BrownPepper posted:

did you end up getting that conceal carry license so you can shoot people who make fun of your covid mask? its pretty scary out there, so i wouldn't blame you

nah, spent the CPL class/gun money on a new amp and speakers instead

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

BrownPepper posted:

lol

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Real talk: there's nothing more cowardly then a "WHAT, SO I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TALK NEGATIVELY ABOUT <X> IN THE <X> DISCUSSION THREAD" attitude. It's not just here and it's not just olive black. It happens in any kind of general thread for wrestling / comics / movies / whatever. The moment anyone gets pushback about something they said (that happens to be negative), they act like a lone knight against the oncoming hordes because they dared to have an opinion, versus maybe it was just a really stupid thing to say or more importantly to just keep fixating on. Everyone has said something stupid and everyone has been dunked on for it--online and in real life--but just take the drat L for a brief moment.

And I hope that somewhere in the not too distant future this gets quoted at me when I say something completely laughable to keep me honest. Expect nothing less from my fellow posters in Christ.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Cael posted:

Real talk: :qq:

:lol:

yes, nothing more cowardly than expressing an opinion about a topic in a thread that was specifically made for it. all of the people bringing up my hair style and fetishes in the hopes that i'll stop hurting their fee-fees are the brave ones :911:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

no way that was the worst chapo episode, their depths are far far lower

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
dont think i will be giving the negative attention guy mroe attention

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Trabisnikof posted:

no way that was the worst chapo episode, their depths are far far lower

i'll concede that there are probably worse chapo episodes. this is just the quickest that one has ever made me go "gently caress this"

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont think i will be giving the negative attention guy mroe attention

go in peace. namaste

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wasnt there a chapo episode where they tried to debate some trad cath dude? that was a worse episode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

olives black posted:

case in point lol

i've clarified multiple times that i was annoyed that they were instead choosing to talk about giuliani's horny texts (a dumb and boring topic), but it's easier to just mentally copypaste the wrong thing that you posted hours ago

Their speculation about what Rudy looks like when aero used was primo classic Chapo. You’re crazy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

listening to the new TAFS and they don't bring up the sub until ten minutes in. i'm done with these fucksticks

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Gripweed posted:

Their speculation about what Rudy looks like when aero used was primo classic Chapo. You’re crazy.

meh, agree to disagree

this is classic chapo

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l6OzG4Shy70&feature=share8

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

i say swears online posted:

listening to the new TAFS and they don't bring up the sub until ten minutes in. i'm done with these fucksticks

what if Nick got on the sub wearing the weight vest and they couldn't surface

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

olives black posted:

meh, agree to disagree

No, gently caress off.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Gripweed posted:

No, gently caress off.

no u

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Cael posted:

Real talk: there's nothing more cowardly then a "WHAT, SO I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TALK NEGATIVELY ABOUT <X> IN THE <X> DISCUSSION THREAD" attitude. It's not just here and it's not just olive black. It happens in any kind of general thread for wrestling / comics / movies / whatever. The moment anyone gets pushback about something they said (that happens to be negative), they act like a lone knight against the oncoming hordes because they dared to have an opinion, versus maybe it was just a really stupid thing to say or more importantly to just keep fixating on. Everyone has said something stupid and everyone has been dunked on for it--online and in real life--but just take the drat L for a brief moment.

And I hope that somewhere in the not too distant future this gets quoted at me when I say something completely laughable to keep me honest. Expect nothing less from my fellow posters in Christ.

Good post

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

wasnt there a chapo episode where they tried to debate some trad cath dude? that was a worse episode

never officially released but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvN464imtMQ

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

olives black posted:

A Hit Chapo, Will Holler

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

What's some other left-leaning podcasts with atrocious/annoying politics? Need some new problematic faves.

I'm mainly thinking of people like Sam Seder or that Alice person, but I'd also include people like Brie since she seems to be under the misguided impression that her podcasting matters and is constantly arguing with people about dumb stuff.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I'm mainly thinking of people like Sam Seder or that Alice person, but I'd also include people like Brie since she seems to be under the misguided impression that her podcasting matters and is constantly arguing with people about dumb stuff.

Lol Brie is an interesting case because I feel like she’s made it all the way to realizing nothing matters and just couldn’t accept that so she’s standing there refusing to accept reality as hard as she can and losing her mind in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

she just has terminal lawyer brain same as glenn greenwald

there was something matt christman said a couple years back about the post-bernie left media that it's all just sorting out which audience you're gonna cater to from here on out