Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Need to hear Ames' and Dolans' take on this development so I can trust that the opposite will happen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

very funny seeing libs turn into wagner supporters

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

tbf i don't think most of them are, they're just so bloodthirsted up for any outcome that involves bad things for russians that it works either way

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

when they kept harping on how Russia has Nazi troops too, they were saying that as a positive

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Fellatio del Toro posted:

⏰ 🙋‍♂️ its time for 🦅 NATO 🦅 to send wagner pmc group 👏 f16s 👏 and 👏 HIMAR's 👏 rocket 👏 launcher 👏

This whole thing being a ruse to get the US to rearm Russia would make it only s tiny bit dumber

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

tbf i don't think most of them are, they're just so bloodthirsted up for any outcome that involves bad things for russia that it works either way

Their psycho pieces of poo poo op

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I think this turn of events is very funny, but it's just a bunch of the worst fuckers you know yelling at each other and posturing.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
putin send the tac nukes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

tbf i don't think most of them are, they're just so bloodthirsted up for any outcome that involves bad things for russians that it works either way

Libs love nazis and death

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

It'd be pretty crazy that the only two people to have taken Moscow in the past few centuries are Napoleon and angry bald man who likes to post a lot.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Shogi posted:

this bizarre turn is prob backed by the American 3-letter set and seems like it has a small but real chance of lighting the nuclear touchpaper which is fun. imo climate change prob makes nuclear war more likely cos the guys on the button will know poo poo’s hosed in the medium term anyway so are more likely to get a lil bit spicy. tbh I would have preferred to be annihilated in a war with a meaningful ideological element rather than this fuckin clownshow but it does seem appropriate

Make this the C-SPAM forum description

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

rare miss

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Al! posted:

putin send the tac nukes

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1672624508233023488

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BadOptics posted:

It'd be pretty crazy that the only two people to have taken Moscow in the past few centuries are Napoleon and angry bald man who likes to post a lot.

it owns

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Putin needs to unleash the Caucasian ovcharkas and they'll wrap up this situation toot suite.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1672629532220596224?t=ctrl-Dv4uHvl9aEVvS5m3g&s=19

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I would also like to express my thanks to Yevgeny Viktorovich for waiting until the weekend to do this, so everyone can enjoy the festivities.

Really considerate of him.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

AnimeIsTrash posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nonsense posted:

Romanians are claiming Wagner and the government are negotiating.

over what

Putin can't just let this go, it would undermine his rule way too much

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

V. Illych L. posted:

a lot of states aren't really that robust, and there's a good case to be made that with a few thousand motivated fighters, the element of surprise and good organisation you can effectively seize the commanding heights of most state apparates. there are risks here, however:
1) if the people staffing the various departments etc simply refuse to work with you, they can stymie you for a long while and/or force you to scuttle your popularity by killing a bunch of them
2) if the seizure is incomplete, the former government may be able to mobilise its full resources against you
3) if you can't start governing quickly, the situation risks collapsing into complete chaos as all kinds of groups start trying to grab power

prigozhin seems to have his few thousand loyal and motivated guys, which honestly surprises me a bit. however, even if he makes it into the actual government offices, his success is by no means guaranteed, and depends on variables which he has no way of knowing. he has contacts in various departments and probably some plan to staff the various cabinets with his own guys, but some of those are going to get cold feet and there's no way he's going to actually catch most of the senior leadership who have seen him coming. basically he has to present putin with a fait accompli and hope that putin accepts instead of saying "no gently caress you yevgeni you're loving dead"

Some real big assholes in the West are pulling out all those Balkanized Russia maps right now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

over what

Putin can't just let this go, it would undermine his rule way too much

Putin has faced countless humiliations in the last 24 months and this will be his final.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

nah im not saying that as a defense, they just don't give a poo poo who they support as long as it's rooted in that fundamental bloodlust.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

BadOptics posted:

Prigozhin knows from HOI4 that if you encircle the capital it cuts off supply to the entire army. Would have been better to just paradrop but I think it was patched.

Is it this, or is he going the wargame route and putting a cv in the enemy's only deployment zonr

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
we were just posting ITT about leopards and faces a few days ago, and here we are again.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1672631060583030789

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

BadOptics posted:

napoleon would be a poster if 19th century france had twitter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Car-centric infrastructure strikes again

This wouldn't have happened if they had bicycles

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BadOptics posted:

And the bald man was smarter because he waited til summer

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Solovyov is fleeing the city.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Boat Stuck posted:

napoleon would be a poster if 19th century france had twitter

If he wasn't a poster as a commander, he definitely would have become one from Elba

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

re-imagining bandera as an lgbt icon

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Tried to semi-effort something funny like Wagner is.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

War to denazify Ukraine ends with Double the Nazis

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

Is it this, or is he going the wargame route and putting a cv in the enemy's only deployment zonr

It would explain the lack of air now that the air spawn lane is capped.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

OctaMurk posted:

Russia isnt a warzone these convoys are travelling on roads full of civilians, and also wagner has a bunch of civilian vehicles so its hard to tell

You cant highway of death them unless youre willing to just murder your own people

Pretty sure Russia turned into a war zone when its mercenaries declared civil war tbh.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
hearing troubling reports that our armies made up entirely of goths and vandals are in fact sacking our own cities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

I think this turn of events is very funny, but it's just a bunch of the worst fuckers you know yelling at each other and posturing.

but enough about this thread :dadjoke: