Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think the C8 sucks only because they haven't built a perfectly true to the original concept Cadillac Cien off of it.

What are you waiting for, cowards :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That thing looks like a car someone would mod into an older GTA game. It's so blocky.

Not unlike the Cybertruck.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Q_res posted:

Absolute lunacy. Worst looking mid-engine car on the market by a country mile.

Ferrari still sells cars, sir.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003
They are not beautiful imo, but the base C8 w/Z51 and magnetic ride is a solid deal, I don't think there are many cars more capable than that for $75k. They are available without markup if you're willing to wait, there are a handful of high volume dealers that sell them with no shenanigans.

The Z06 is incredible too.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I could be remembering this through nostalgia glasses, but I dont remember Z51 being so expensive on previous gens. (Inflation too I guess, blah blah)
Z51 is $6345 now. Plus $1895 for Magna.
That pushes my previous C5, C6 C7 same option builds into the $80s which sucks.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Someone on my commute has a new Camaro SS and I gotta say, I had no idea how much better the front end looks vs. the base trim. Now I want one.

I don't have the traditional enlistment bonus and 26% APR accoutrement but a Camaro works as a mid life crisis car doesn't it?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
It’s as good as any

https://twitter.com/BoziTatarevic/status/1668064115573547009/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1668064115573547009&currentTweetUser=BoziTatarevic

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

bij posted:

Someone on my commute has a new Camaro SS and I gotta say, I had no idea how much better the front end looks vs. the base trim. Now I want one.

I don't have the traditional enlistment bonus and 26% APR accoutrement but a Camaro works as a mid life crisis car doesn't it?

Depends on if you like being able to see out of said mid life crisis car.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

bij posted:

The Camaro is probably the least popular of the big 3 pony cars, so there's a chance you might find one without stupid markups.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Franco Caution posted:

Depends on if you like being able to see out of said mid life crisis car.

Yeah, this is a concern.

Neo_Crimson posted:

The Camaro is probably the least popular of the
big 3 pony cars, so there's a chance you might find one without stupid markups.

This too.

It seems like they shook the spiders out of the reliability issues at least

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

If you ain’t first you’re last

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Just lol at VW and Audi changing their logos just as the sans serif trend is dying.

Now they have to own that for the next decade or so.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

smooth jazz posted:

Just lol at VW and Audi changing their logos just as the sans serif trend is dying.

Maybe I'm nostalgic for my youth but i prefer the parallel lines logo fiat used in the eighties

rather than the historical ornate ones

or the lame one currently used

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

SlowBloke posted:

Maybe I'm nostalgic for my youth but i prefer the parallel lines logo fiat used in the eighties

That's an air vent.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ilkhan posted:

That's an air vent.

That would be downright luxurious compared to the shelf tray of doom interior

This is how the panda looked with that logo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

smooth jazz posted:

That logo change for VW happened three years ago

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
My dealer has been trying to sell me a Hellcat Durango for a week now. Aparently they can’t move it.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I went t test drive an A6 Allroad at the local Audi store like 6 months ago and they've been sending me weekly updates on this 2021 C8 Corvette they're trying to unload? It's down to the low $80s now. Weird.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Current interest rates have made the monthly payments on 5 year leases and 96 month financings difficult for a lot of people.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That logo change for VW happened three years ago

The past 3 years have been a bit of a blur lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

smooth jazz posted:

The past 3 years have been a bit of a blur lol

It is currently March 1209th, 2020, right?!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Mr. Apollo posted:

Current interest rates have made the monthly payments on 5 year leases and 96 month financings difficult for a lot of people.

Then why won’t the dealer sell me a car!? :argh:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

davecrazy posted:

My dealer has been trying to sell me a Hellcat Durango for a week now. Aparently they can’t move it.

Used cayenne turbos are all the rage these days

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum

davecrazy posted:

Found that to be surprising, I assumed they were still unobtanium without big markups, so I had a look and astonishingly my local dealer has one, which is really really surprising because they're tiny and I don't think I've ever even seen a regular SRT Durango sitting in stock there. Doesn't matter though, $108k MSRP!?!

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

Elem7 posted:

Found that to be surprising, I assumed they were still unobtanium without big markups, so I had a look and astonishingly my local dealer has one, which is really really surprising because they're tiny and I don't think I've ever even seen a regular SRT Durango sitting in stock there. Doesn't matter though, $108k MSRP!?!

If I'm paying $100k for an unreliable piece of poo poo is going to be Italian not American

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nohearum posted:

If I'm paying $100k for an unreliable piece of poo poo is going to be Italian not American

I have some news about Chrysler these days!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Elem7 posted:

The big diffence between the ‘21 and the ‘23 are the upgraded headliner and Hellcat logo on the seat backs is missing on the ‘23s.

The rest is the same best I can tell. Seems nuts to me that it’s a 10k price increase from ‘21 but you get a few things that are less “premium” then the cheaper ‘21.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
New Toyota C-HR is out. It's pretty much the old shape with the new prius front end

Unlike the Prius, I'm not that stunned.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.media.stellantis.com/uk-en/fiat/press/goodbye-grey-welcome-colours

Take note, literally every single other car company.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Someone please convince Mazda to give the Miata some more awesome colors.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Oh look, the sister car to mine, which hasn't been product launched while ads are running daily...

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

phosdex posted:

Someone please convince Mazda to give the Miata some more awesome colors.

Mazda can't afford it.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

lol if you don't get soul crystal red

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Soul Red is the entire reason you buy a Mazda, even though it chips easily and is a pain in the rear end to respray.

Artisan Red is a nice looking color but it’s really more of a burgundy color.

My hope is that Mazda will do a green that’s similar to Soul Red.

Mazda’s current color stable is something like:

Jet Black Mica (bleh)
White (either the Snowflake or the Toyota-derived Wind Chill one)
Machine Gray (A medium metallic gray that I find extremely boring)
Polymetal Gray (really more of a desaturated blue that a lot of manufacturers seem to be doing. Changes hue depending on lighting conditions)
Platinum Quartz (a very light white-tan color, it actually looks neat on CX-30 and MZ3 hatch)
Zircon Sand (on some models, a military beige color. Very strange that they’re painting Miatas in this color)

The only actual colors:

Soul Red Crystal (the only actual color of the bunch)
Deep Blue Crystal (It’s a dark Navy Blue, not distinctive)
Artisan Red (reddish maroon/red wine color).

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Volvo color pallette

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

My Polymetal Grey ND2 looks fabulous when it’s clean, and like an Amazon van when it’s dirty.

Also, Soul Red seems to have many variations. I’ve seen some instances where it looks poo poo, and some where it’s clearly the best color ever. Since I’ve seen such differences on the exact same model of car, my guess is the day-to-day variation in the factory booth is to blame.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Since I’ve seen such differences on the exact same model of car, my guess is the day-to-day variation in the factory booth is to blame.

Given the Mazda factory sits next to the ocean, that would make sense.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kefkafloyd posted:

Soul Red is the entire reason you buy a Mazda, even though it chips easily and is a pain in the rear end to respray.

Artisan Red is a nice looking color but it’s really more of a burgundy color.

My hope is that Mazda will do a green that’s similar to Soul Red.

Mazda’s current color stable is something like:

Jet Black Mica (bleh)
White (either the Snowflake or the Toyota-derived Wind Chill one)
Machine Gray (A medium metallic gray that I find extremely boring)
Polymetal Gray (really more of a desaturated blue that a lot of manufacturers seem to be doing. Changes hue depending on lighting conditions)
Platinum Quartz (a very light white-tan color, it actually looks neat on CX-30 and MZ3 hatch)
Zircon Sand (on some models, a military beige color. Very strange that they’re painting Miatas in this color)

The only actual colors:

Soul Red Crystal (the only actual color of the bunch)
Deep Blue Crystal (It’s a dark Navy Blue, not distinctive)
Artisan Red (reddish maroon/red wine color).

Excuse me, Laguna Seca Blue is also amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think Volvo might be the worst offender. This is their "choose your colour"

At least Audi has a non-greyish blue

It's dead now, but t