Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

khwarezm posted:

You say that is the comedy option, but is there any genuine possibility of that?

his dad came into power by selling out his own peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wow Joe Biden is doing a coup on Russia to hide his sons laptop controversy.

How can America do this

I did see a funny quote from competing forums. Just posting because it actually made me chuckle: "so wait the PMC Nazis are attacking the dystopian capitalist Nazis because they aren't hitting the neo liberal Nazis hard enough?"

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

Oldsmobile posted:

Haven't seen any pics or videos of any heavy weapons protecting Moscow. Just cops, lightly armed troops and maybe some APCs.

That's not going to last very long against main battle tanks.

Well they have the single T-34 that was shown in the parade.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

khwarezm posted:

You say that is the comedy option, but is there any genuine possibility of that?

No, Kadyrov's got the best deal possible under Putin, he's de facto a sovereign prince who has all his whims fulfilled by Russia, which pays him a tribute in exchange for brutalizing the populace (which he enjoys). He doesn't have to run a country, he can just lounge around and torture people on Moscow's buck. The flip side of that is, there's plenty of Chechens who hate that he is Moscow's goon and a disgrace to his people, and who would be very happy to murder him if he ever fell out of grace.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
lmao 'malaysian blogger'

https://twitter.com/DrewPavlou/status/1672610114786963456

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Do you guys think they're going to break out the IS-2s to defend Moscow

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
:negative: Wagner's supply lines...

https://twitter.com/normcharlatan/status/1672604980086276096

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

No, Kadyrov's got the best deal possible under Putin, he's de facto a sovereign prince who has all his whims fulfilled by Russia, which pays him a tribute in exchange for brutalizing the populace (which he enjoys). He doesn't have to run a country, he can just lounge around and torture people on Moscow's buck. The flip side of that is, there's plenty of Chechens who hate that he is Moscow's goon and a disgrace to his people, and who would be very happy to murder him if he ever fell out of grace.

just leave him there if he switches allegiance, simple enough

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
dark brandon is too powerful

capture the piss tape prig

aka Das Rheingold

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/mjluxmoore/status/1672497184024203265?s=20

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT A loving SWAN LAKE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

steinrokkan posted:

If he's smart he'll offer the same deal. Kadyrov can keep his kingdom and won't need to commit anything.

The complete lack of reports of battle indicates he's either waiting to see who is the winner, or already got a deal made.

Kadyrov has to be bought off, and Wagnar would have known it and planned for it.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

"We cannot do anything without orders from Moscow, and Moscow is silent."

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Aric Toyler is a v good follow for this. I don't think he's slept yet since things kicked off

Comrade nature may yet join the fight
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1672618069619867652?t=P2H_TzMEQdGD4mKEIe3Ylw&s=19

Three day weekend!!! Don't loving go anywhere. Also bridge-nanigans continue to be a theme
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1672628038087974912?t=95abm7_pNMogVmH88o6SKw&s=19

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The thing is most people are going to accept the current status quo because they're unsure if the status quo is going to change. But once Wagner actually faces these people they are by themselves. Yeah they may be committing to Putin but Putin's not going to send the Jets to go and stop Wagner from shelling them.

I mean apparently the man left Russia already and from the look of the area where he is all the roads are blocked going into the town.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

William Bear posted:

It looks like there's a wide open field to the right of that road. Couldn't Wagner trucks just go off road for a couple of feet, then get back on?

Orders were to tear up the road.

Orders obeyed.

Anything else, not our problem.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

the only papa johns you can still say the n word unlike woke america

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
So when does Russia trigger Article 4 of the CSTO?

"Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all."

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://twitter.com/mjluxmoore/status/1672497184024203265?s=20

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT A loving SWAN LAKE BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody keep me up to speed with the Swan Lake meme, is that what was shown on TV back in '93?

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

RBA-Wintrow posted:

"Similar to Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty and the Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance, Article 4 of the Collective Security Treaty (CST) establishes that an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all."

The other signatories told them "yeah this is an internal issue have fun"

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Crazy to think that the Battle of Bakhmut has retroactively become one of the decisive engagements of the war.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
are we sure they werent lying about the casualties, in addition to peeps speculating about them lying about the ammo shortage to stockpile ammo

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/belwarriors/status/1672601122467467276?s=46&t=4iIX6rTWp5e8RowJYtsUag

Why do these videos always look like Command and Conquer cutscenes from 1995?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Is there a place where I can learn about what the heck is going on because I asked in the smart politics forum for leftist intellectuals, and they replied with anime videos and I think many of them have the bad kind of brain diseases. Can GBS prove once and for all it has the good kind of brain diseases by telling me what is happening and who the people involved are because I've been really busy at the gym lately

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Delthalaz posted:

https://twitter.com/belwarriors/status/1672601122467467276?s=46&t=4iIX6rTWp5e8RowJYtsUag

Putin is going to the one place Wagner can't go........ SPACE

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Also what's the deal with the Papa John's thing, because,as I have previously mentioned, I was at the gym.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Buff Hardback posted:

The other signatories told them "yeah this is an internal issue have fun"

Russia hosed it when they didn't intervene to support Armenia last year. After that it was defunct in every way but on paper.

Edit for correct temporal relations

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

yeah we can go back like 40 pages and read the thread

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

When they murdered the POW with a sledgehammer, sledgehammers shortly became a symbol of heroism in Russia.

Should tell you all you need to know.

Yeah.

Prigozhin is "vile" I hear.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Somebody keep me up to speed with the Swan Lake meme, is that what was shown on TV back in '93?

The failed '91 coup against Gorbachev yes. Might have happened again in '93, don't know.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Maybe Russia will join NATO

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
trying to time marinating my pollo asado chicken and grill time to the arrival of wagner to moscow

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Is there a place where I can learn about what the heck is going on because I asked in the smart politics forum for leftist intellectuals, and they replied with anime videos and I think many of them have the bad kind of brain diseases. Can GBS prove once and for all it has the good kind of brain diseases by telling me what is happening and who the people involved are because I've been really busy at the gym lately

Here's the bullet points, in chronological order:
- lol
- lmao
- rofl

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Do we have a countdown timer for the arrival of Wagner at Moscow?
You could re use the titanic exploder Twitter handle

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

RBA-Wintrow posted:

a couple of pages back someone posted that Russia got told to deal with it themselves
the hits just keep on comin

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

steinrokkan posted:

Here's the bullet points, in chronological order:
- lol
- lmao
- rofl

I think it'll soon advance to a hearty late 90's ROFLMAOPMP as Prig gets closer to Moscow.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Delthalaz posted:

OH MY GOD A SECOND CIVIL WAR HE JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE WITH THE CHAIR BAW-GAD!!!!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/tomgreenlive/status/1672426023386767364?t=OwKgc9vcFOMpgXWMLNS5tg&s=19

IM DOING MY BEST BUT NOBODY IS HELPING ME TOM

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

KitConstantine posted:

Aric Toyler is a v good follow for this. I don't think he's slept yet since things kicked off

Comrade nature may yet join the fight

God loves the infantry. But not any of these shitheads on either side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Is hot dog man wololoing his way to Moscow?